Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder how much of the previous thread was just slapfights between Ligur and DarkCrawler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

some people think that terrorist blow themselves up because they don't have enough money for edam and iphones and not because they're members in a hosed up pedocult

Well I don't see Juha Sipilä and other members of his hosed up pedocult blowing themselves up

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sending those idiots to somewhere that is not finland sounds like a pretty good idea to me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Left Alliance's current head Paavo Arhinmäki has announced he's not going to continue his gig after his term, so this summer will see a new chairman for the party.

EDIT: Goddamn. Well, some commentary: While Paavo has been less charismatic lately, he's still one of the top people who vacuumed votes for the party. It'll be interesting to see who'll compete for the top spot.

Paavo was charismatic at some point?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Geriatric Pirate posted:

You haven't actually explained what they do, you've just repeated a common media complaint about it. How is ownership hidden by organisations that track/register/transfer ownership rights? How come in many systems where this has been done under a system that allows competition for years (pretty much everywhere except Finland) people still go abroad to hide taxes (i.e. Swiss bank accounts, Cayman shell corporations) instead of just "using a dodgy hallintarekisteri"? Do you think the US, Germany and Britain's tracking of individual stock holdings is any worse than Finland's?

Basically, instead of being lazy and just repeating what the media and Li Andersson's twatter account tells you, how about you actually break it down for me to show you understand what a hallintarekisteri is:

1) What is the current system for registering share ownership?
2) What is the proposed system for registering share ownership?
3) How does the proposed system facilitate tax dodging?
4) What safeguards can be taken against the system facilitating tax dodging?

Could you please explain the reasons why we should move to a hallintarekisteri in the first place? Our government certainly hasn't done that

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

I forget: is Geriatric Pirate an actual lahtari or just stupid?

An actual lahtari

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How is Stubb such a bad liar? Usually party leaders are much better at not getting caught like that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Geriatric Pirate posted:

And no one in Finland, none of the political parties, not even Libera, opposes those things. But I'm not sure what someone getting a house from their parents has to do with any of that.

They sure are doing everything they can to ruin those things though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mulli posted:

Sometimes people perform well against all odds; most of the time they don't. If you are born to an alcoholic family it doesn't mean you're gonna be a substance abuser but statistically it's more likely. Is this something you would disagree with, GP?

Unlike Bill Gates, those people just didn't work hard enough

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

OhYeah posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ice-reveal.html

Not exactly Finnish news but since I'm not allowed to post in the Cathedral of Cancer that is the Scandinavian thread, I might as well leave it here. I'm pretty sure there are additional "isolated cases" in Finland as well. Good times.

Were you kicked out because you post links to daily mail?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

doverhog posted:

PS is letting Kok and Kepu do whatever they want, so we still haven't seen what Pers economic policy would be.

Maybe their economic policy is to let others do the economic policy.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

OhYeah posted:

The problem with morons like you and everyone else in the ScandiPol thread is that you equate people who are against mass-immigration with people who dislike people of certain skin colour.

Most of the sites/videos you linked were literally made by those kind of people

There is plenty of immigration critical material available that isn't made by racists idiots but you didn't link any of that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Lol they seriously shut it down because it was more than just Ligur and Cardiac disagreeing with them

It wasn't even that bad. That discussion was pretty civil considering the topic.

if that level of discourse results in a locked thread they probably can't talk about immigration anywhere else.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Hope she makes it. She's pretty sensible, and as a bonus it will rile up the dumbshits to no end.

Can't be worse than Arhinmäki.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

I like how extremely non-racist the Ligurs of the world are while also proclaiming how utterly impossible it is to integrate them swarthy people into our glorious semi-aryan culture.

The problem isn't that it's impossible for them to integrate, it's that we suck at integrating them (integrating them also takes money that we don't really have).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

Heh. MV-lehti does not represent "racists" or immigration critical people, and certainly is not the voice for anyone (except in the head of some leftie-hörhös).

Please tell that to my racist relatives who can't stop posting that garbage on facebook.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

OhYeah posted:

Now we come to the cultural differences. For me there are a couple of cutoff points here, they may differ from yours of course. I think religions that mandate the beheading of apostates, stoning to death of adulterers, and cutting off arms of thieves don't belong in the civilized world and every person who supports those practices shouldn't be allowed to set foot on European soil.

Fortunately there are no major religions that mandate those things.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Geriatric Pirate posted:

But people have proposed quite specific changes (benefit cuts for asylum seekers, random assignment in European countries instead of being allowed to apply in Finland, the policy of return with Turkey etc) that are quite concrete and don't involve burning the entire system down.

Implementing (most of) those changes would require the EU to be functional regarding refugees so it's woefully unrealistic.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rexroom posted:

I'm not going to read all these walls of texts. I'm satisfied with the knowledge OhYeah is the ligur of Estonia.

Ligur is a much better poster than OhYeah

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pussy Noise posted:

Has anyone calculated how much investment it would require to spin up enough CPUs to kill bitcoin? Could e.g. China do it realistically, if they wanted?

You can't kill something that was never alive to begin with.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

lukeeko kukaan täällä noiden tolstoiden teoksia

Ei

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

As an engineer I can safely say engineers are terrible.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

Relinquish your position, deny your education and go learn naistutkimus then.

I'm quite happy being terrible, thank you.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Because what we really need right now is sending our stagnant economy circling down the drain.

It's not like that stopped the UK

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

All with first making an olkiukko, then arguing against the olkiukko and being smug.

Fortunately you never do that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

Another 2005s thing cool. Ignore original subject, deflect it by starting to talk about another thing/person.

I don't really care about Elukka's dumb post. I just found you bitching about that funny since like half of your rants are basically the same thing except on the opposite side.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 3, 2016

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Fabulous Knight posted:

Is PS going down because they have lost voters who flocked to them because of economic/jobs-related issues or because anti-immigration folks don't think they're hardcore enough?

Probably both

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

Wow! Blazing keskustelua straight from the year... 2005. All with first making an olkiukko, then arguing against the olkiukko and being smug. Surely this kind of intellect will smash every counter-point.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

If post starts with I am Raistin and Hitler sent me a private message you can probably tell if the poster is making a totally serious post and making his case with - no wait.

This is D&D and you are Andrast. Of course you can't tell.

Sitten ku sun normaali postaus vielä eroais jotenkin noista sun vitsipostauksista niin menis tosi hyvin.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tuskinpa se kauaa alhaalla on.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

haha also I didn't know this but "Hopeanuoli" is "Weed" in the original work. Oh Japan

Uh excuse me but Weed is actually Hopeanuoli's son :goonsay:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah gently caress that woman for visiting a pubic store when it's the racists' time to shine

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

Jesus gently caress this forum. Of course the people protesting (or whatever) are fools, but that is not what I was talking about. If you didn't figure out, this isn't a matter how stupid the other people in the same space were when I posted of the shenanigan.

Andrast, doverhog Herman, you don't really find it at all peculiar that she chose to go full veil and try to push through the demonstrators demonstrating against Muslim immigration at that particular time, and later made up falsified stories about what happened, it really really does not occur to any of you that this person might simply be there to try to provoke poo poo, so she could go the press and play the victim? Which she did, full of poo poo.

"Really, she just happened to walk by on accident..."

doverhog posted:

It doesn't matter if she was provoking or not, protesters don't have the right to physically block people from moving into a store or whatever.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

Ahh Andrast, so do you think that justifies the person going to the press with total bs stories or what?

Nope.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It is pretty weird how you and your friends/relatives seem to constantly get into trouble with immigrants/refugees in a way that reinforces your beliefs.

Also, people lie on the internet all the time.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't really care about whether you lie or not since useless anecdotes (or as you like to call it yksittäistapaukset) don't mean poo poo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

If the nazis would assault your sister for the act of walking down the street, would it mean a poo poo?

Probably yes since at that point it would be personal. But that doesn't change the fact that singular personal experiences or anecdotes shouldn't be the the thing that determines our policy towards immigration/refugees.

I am in fact not one of those people who are panicking about nazis. There are so few actual Nazis in Finland that it's barely an issue.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's not like closing them down would actually do anything constructive aside from make people feel good.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

92%

I'm the king of privilege

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

She has bizarre opinions about cultural approriation (read here, copied straight out of the oddball liberal safespace American "liberal" college culture, she "wants to be overweight" as some kind of a statement, she organizes events where white people are not welcome (just think of the shitstorm if someone did the opposite) and nobody in the public sphere challenges her. (No wonder: they would probably be called racists or women haters or hitlers so why bother.)

I think it's more about nobody in the public sphere really caring about her enough to challenge her.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 8, 2016