Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
All aboard the dope-rear end story train! I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh my god that voice acting.
Imagine how it would be with how much better the talent pool has become for writing and voice direction these days :allears:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh my god that voice acting.
Imagine how it would be with how much better the talent pool has become for writing and voice direction these days :allears:

I thought about it and it probably wouldn't, because SR/SR2/Defiance are the gold standard anyway

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of SR2, I've finally installed it to get a head start, since I've never actually played it before. I never realized how much differently Defiance plays than the rest of the series--for some reason it hadn't occurred to me that SR2 was less like Defiance and more 'Soul Reaver, but on the PS2."

My god though, that voice acting is still amazingly good to this day. Talk about the gold standard.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
These things are sort of a single LP anyway and, in hindsight, it really should've been a LoK megathread, so might as well say it here

I plan to post the SR2 thread on 25th (not because of Christmas, it's just a convenient Friday) and then, most likely, probably the first SR cut content video will be up during the weekend

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Alexeythegreat posted:

These things are sort of a single LP anyway and, in hindsight, it really should've been a LoK megathread, so might as well say it here

I plan to post the SR2 thread on 25th (not because of Christmas, it's just a convenient Friday) and then, most likely, probably the first SR cut content video will be up during the weekend

You could still make it into a megathread. Just add all the links to BO1 to the first post and contect Geop for a thread title change. Continue posting here. Boom, you've got a megathread.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I am considering that

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
For that boss fight, in my experience (on the Dreamcast version) Kain likes to teleport to exactly across the room from you, so if you stand slightly off-center on the health spot and start moving when he starts teleporting back in, you have a decent chance of catching him on that third level and not playing the ridiculous whack-a-mole seen in the video. Or you get zapped inches from hitting him multiple times.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Not sure if the footage makes it clear, but I was trying to do that for about a third of my attempts (remembering the trick to this in the first Kain confrontation, which is "run to whatever portion of the hall isn't on the screen, Kain's there") to no avail. Whether it was because of the game or me being bad I do not know, but at that point I was heavily inclined to blame the game.
I also tried listening to the sound of Kain teleporting (didn't work) and then was just guessing (which is when I succeeded at last)

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
The Soul Reaver 2 thread is up (just posting it here in case anyone is relying exclusively on bookmarks to follow the LPs)

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
The work on the Turel video is almost done
I had to rerecord some things so many times that I have had enough for 50 seconds of this crap :v:

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
Soul Reaver II was a vast improvement above the first one, but while liked it, in the end I found myself not enjoying very much the development of the story: this especially because it destroyed the strange irony of the first game, the monster that hunts the other monsters end try to redeem its past.[spoiler] This, and the fact that all the humans that appears in the story are negative figures.

Guy Fawkes fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 25, 2015

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
It's happening :cheerdoge:

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Alexeythegreat posted:

It's happening :cheerdoge:

Note that there are SR2 and Defiance spoilers at the end, so even if you watched this whole LP you should probably heed the warning at the start until we've seen it all.

K-ParAdoX
Jul 12, 2004
...but.this.phone.is. always.off.it's.hook...
"I smell water"? New skills for wraiths. Hmm.

Neat stuff, thanks. Looking forward to more of the SR2 LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I did a thing

• Locked thread