Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
One of the things I really like to mention about this series for Soul Reaver and onward, is how they recorded the voice acting. In general, voice acting for video games has the actors record their lines in a vacuum, with very limited explanation of why the character is saying what they are saying, what the characters motivation is, and things are often recorded out of order.

Not so with these games. Not only were the actors aware of who the character were and their motivation, but they actually recorded the lines together, in the same room, conversational style. As we'll see later in this and particularly in SR2, this results in some of the best examples in voice work in video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I'd just like to remind everyone, watching the intro cutscene, that this was a PS1 title.

A lot of love went into this game.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
The animation for moving the blocks though, while slow, is really good, particularly when sliding sideways. There's a real sense of weight and, once he gets the block moving, inertia as he re-positions himself for the next move.

It just takes for-goddamned-ever.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I'd make a Reavers Broken: 2 joke here, but this is the last time it happens in the series.

• Locked thread