Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Man, those fast shifts are really throwing me off. I played this on the Dreamcast originally, and I remember shifting being wonderfully slow, watching the world warp around you. It also feels like your water deaths are moving too fast? Like, Raziel has this several second long stagger animation but you're only going through half a second of it before carrying on? But, that's stuff beyond your control I'm sure, and it's been years since I played it on the Dreamcast, so I could be remembering wrong anyways.

I'm enjoying the LP, though. Soul Reaver was always one of my favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Funny thing about the Kain fight, if you used cheat codes to give yourself the Reaver early, Kain would just laugh at you when you hit him and take no damage. Since you need to not have full health to go back to claws, and Kain uses only one-hit kills, the fight becomes impossible to win.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
In order to drain the humans without killing them, you have to be right next to them. Like, literally touching them. Maybe using lock-on too, if only for the targeting assist? You also might not be able to get in their good graces after killing that first hunter. However, the cultists in the Cathedral don't count as part of the rest of human society, so feel free to kill them whenever.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
For that boss fight, in my experience (on the Dreamcast version) Kain likes to teleport to exactly across the room from you, so if you stand slightly off-center on the health spot and start moving when he starts teleporting back in, you have a decent chance of catching him on that third level and not playing the ridiculous whack-a-mole seen in the video. Or you get zapped inches from hitting him multiple times.

• Locked thread