Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«123 »
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

It's always 2am somewhere.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That's me, feed me more impressive sounding Unix commands

hexdump -C /dev/urandom | GREP_COLOR='1;32' grep --color=auto 'ca fe'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005
I claim I was poor, but it turns I had a single mother who could actually work a job so I don't know what it really means to be poor.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

of course you use brave

of course

Instead of being a lovely nerd about it maybe you could explain the problem?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

Bless you, ants. Blants.

Fun Shoe

I've just skimmed the last few posts but it looks like they have tried to do that

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005
I claim I was poor, but it turns I had a single mother who could actually work a job so I don't know what it really means to be poor.

Thanks Ants posted:

I've just skimmed the last few posts but it looks like they have tried to do that

The problem with Brave?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Nap Ghost

what advantages does it bring you? it's downstream of chromium so you'll be waiting longer for security patches, and it's unique selling point is adblocking by default... except for brave payments that's just a indirect way of selling the same marketing information but of a specific demographic that thinks they've opted out of tracking

i'm waiting for another red flag to be hidden in the next post at this point

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

what advantages does it bring you? it's downstream of chromium so you'll be waiting longer for security patches, and it's unique selling point is adblocking by default... except for brave payments that's just a indirect way of selling the same marketing information but of a specific demographic that thinks they've opted out of tracking

I use Brave because adblocking and password manager integration aren't features that chrome supports on mobile. I use chrome on desktop.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

TASTE MY WRATH

ElCondemn posted:

password manager integration aren't features that chrome supports on mobile

That's incorrect. Android 8.0 and newer has a password autofill API that apps like Keepass2Android utilize very nicely, so password manager integration on mobile Chrome works perfectly.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

That's incorrect. Android 8.0 and newer has a password autofill API that apps like Keepass2Android utilize very nicely, so password manager integration on mobile Chrome works perfectly.

I'm on IOS

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

TASTE MY WRATH

ElCondemn posted:

I'm on IOS

Well that's your loss I guess!

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Nap Ghost

ElCondemn posted:

I'm on IOS
i was under the impression safari ios had adblocking (content blocker) and a password manager...

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

What?

Yep the content blockers in iOS work pretty well. I used to VPN to my home network which was running PiHole as another layer of blocking, but I stopped bothering because there are few ads that get through any more.

Avenging_Mikon
May 25, 2010

Service Desk Bunny
How can I help you?

Inept posted:

Yep the content blockers in iOS work pretty well. I used to VPN to my home network which was running PiHole as another layer of blocking, but I stopped bothering because there are few ads that get through any more.

Whoa, iOS has content blockers built in now?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

Bless you, ants. Blants.

Fun Shoe

Yeah they're good

Avenging_Mikon
May 25, 2010

Service Desk Bunny
How can I help you?

I'm going to sound like an idiot, but how to use the native one? I've been using a downloaded one called Purify.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I'm going to sound like an idiot, but how to use the native one? I've been using a downloaded one called Purify.

There's not a native one, just 3rd-party blockers like Purify. By the way, Purify was found to be sort of bad. Consensus has been to use Firefox Focus if you want free, or 1Blocker if you don't mind paying.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

Bless you, ants. Blants.

Fun Shoe

1Blocker is what I picked a couple of years ago, don't notice it's running other than websites becoming more readable

Avenging_Mikon
May 25, 2010

Service Desk Bunny
How can I help you?

bobfather posted:

There's not a native one, just 3rd-party blockers like Purify. By the way, Purify was found to be sort of bad. Consensus has been to use Firefox Focus if you want free, or 1Blocker if you don't mind paying.

Thanks for the heads-up. I've been using it for like two years, and I didn't do a ton of research first. I don't mind paying as long as it's not like $20, so I'll look at both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D. Ebdrup
Mar 13, 2009

If... if they do find out...

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That's me, feed me more impressive sounding Unix commands
code:
sl

«123 »