Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«263 »
Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

It's an electronic circuit. That poo poo can actually break. I presume my ISP is a cheapskate in that regard, or whatever. That said, one replacement was because they stuck some more of whatever provider information is on there, needed for proper operation, because with the older one, the phone wouldn't hop onto the HSPA network. --edit: Also, SIM format changes. I went to get proper ones, instead of cutting these down to fit whatever SIM slot du jour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ready To Ruck!

Combat Pretzel posted:

It's an electronic circuit. That poo poo can actually break. I presume my ISP is a cheapskate in that regard, or whatever. That said, one replacement was because they stuck some more of whatever provider information is on there, needed for proper operation, because with the older one, the phone wouldn't hop onto the HSPA network. --edit: Also, SIM format changes. I went to get proper ones, instead of cutting these down to fit whatever SIM slot du jour.

I've literally never had a Sim break on me in the 13+ years of having a mobile

Biowarfare
Nov 8, 2010

I JUST WISH THIS WAS A PONY SO I COULD JERK IT WHILE I PLAY WOW

CyberPingu posted:

I've literally never had a Sim break on me in the 13+ years of having a mobile

I've broken one before but it was just stupidity (sim tray has room for 2, was replacing one of them and didn't entirely reseat the other one before shoving it back in and ended up scratching it horribly)

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

Nobody Cares

Tortured By Flan

D. Ebdrup posted:

Sure, and every antivirus company has failed at it so far.

kinda what I meant by Holy Grail - a thing everyone's seeking and probably nobody will find

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

Http 418

Biowarfare posted:

I've broken one before but it was just stupidity (sim tray has room for 2, was replacing one of them and didn't entirely reseat the other one before shoving it back in and ended up scratching it horribly)

I've picked one up that was run over and it worked fine.

suckers are pretty tough

Martytoof
Feb 25, 2003

I've had a SIM die on me before.

Now if my e-SIM broke, THAT would be a feat.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 11, 2012

This particularly rapid unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Potato Salad posted:

kinda what I meant by Holy Grail - a thing everyone's seeking and probably nobody will find

Naaah, you just have to be a virgin.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ready To Ruck!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Naaah, you just have to be a virgin.

In this industry, virgins aren't exactly hard to find.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

I'm the babyliberal, gotta love me!

https://twitter.com/HackingDave/sta...911103690788865

Biowarfare
Nov 8, 2010

not sure how infoseccy this is but holy poo poo tiktok wtf

https://twitter.com/JoshuaDummer/st...877750245453828

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Luckily for those with PA gear it seems that this one was fixed in the same versions that fixed the last one, so anyone who's already handled that last one shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 11, 2012

This particularly rapid unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I don't have the technical background to evaluate this. GNU: A Heuristic for Bad Cryptography.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ready To Ruck!

Not a huge fan of the random Furry stuff included in that article. Definitely takes away some of the credibility behind it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
too short to worry
She said life's
too long to wait
It's too short not
to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

CyberPingu posted:

Not a huge fan of the random Furry stuff included in that article. Definitely takes away some of the credibility behind it.

yeah, after all, dogs can't use keyboards so you can't trust them to do infosec

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

I MEAN, TURN OFF YOURE MONITOR, MIGTH EXPLAIN YOUR BAD POSTS, HOPE THIS HELPS?!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

yeah, after all, dogs can't use keyboards so you can't trust them to do infosec

On the contrary, you can trust what they say precisely because someone had to agree with what they said enough to transcribe it?

E: DragonDictate being notable for their "No Doggos" stance.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
too short to worry
She said life's
too long to wait
It's too short not
to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Schadenboner posted:

On the contrary, you can trust what they say precisely because someone had to agree with what they said enough to transcribe it?

E: DragonDictate being notable for their "No Doggos" stance.

come now, furries don't have any credibility in infosec. would YOU trust a fox in a henhouse?

droll
Jan 9, 2020

Shape shifta Time travela

Does anyone have an opinion on running phishing simulations, specifically whether suppressing Gmail's security warnings on messages sent by the simulation is good or bad?

Biowarfare
Nov 8, 2010

droll posted:

Does anyone have an opinion on running phishing simulations, specifically whether suppressing Gmail's security warnings on messages sent by the simulation is good or bad?

Send it so it appears trusted. You do not want users to learn to always look for a machine learning applied "this might be phishing" banner, instead of looking at warning signs like the body of the message, wording, what it's asking for, mouseovering domains, looking at email domains, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

droll
Jan 9, 2020

Shape shifta Time travela

That makes total sense, so simple. Thank you.

«263 »