Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
E: answered already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Mr. Crow posted:

:confused:

Also who pays for a password manager lmbo install syncthing and keypass, done. self hosted auto syncing cloud.

This... KeePassXC on Mac, KeepAss on windows, KepAssium on iPhone

E: Beaten, encrypted style...
I will say that I keep a copy on OneDrive which syncs pretty well, buuuuut I try to only edit the file and upload on one computer

namlosh fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 17, 2021

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

ID10T error

It finally happened that someone at work sent out an email that looked exactly like a phishing attempt. Whoever said that it’s fun to report them was spot on.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I keep rear end, you should too

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

“Lookout work” on iOS for the super locked down bank issued phone I have

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Pablo Bluth posted:

The Mozilla VPN being a rebrand/collaboration with Mullvad. They seem to have avoided any major issues, are based in Sweden so are covered by decent data protection laws, and as a org seem to go out of their way to minimise data collection on signup (you can post them cash...). They themselves don't do reoccurring subscripts as it means holding on to personal data and just do one-off payments. So if you just want a one-off month for travelling, that might be the way to go. I sub via Mozilla for the same reason as DkHelmet.

Didn’t know this… Ive used proton because mullvads payment options were weird for people in the US, but if that’s not the case anymore then maybe I’ll try them out.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

most of the really fun flipper stuff seems to require a board attachment which is a small bummer.

Can’t look right now, but like what? Curious what the more fun uses of this device are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

It’s so wild to me hearing about people at other places/industries. At most banks, security is taken super seriously. If security comes to you with an issue with your platform you drop everything and figure out how to give them a timeline and get it done by then.

I can’t definitively prove it was because of this, but I’ve seen an tech executive at one of the biggest banks in the world stripped of reports and reassigned because he dragged his feet on a security dept mandate. If they weren’t related, It was a helluva coincidence.

Just my experience, Ymmv though