Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

EssOEss posted:

I recommend KeePass with Google Drive cloud sync of the password database. FolderSync works great on Android for this (the Drive app sync was pretty broken last time I tried it). No browser integration, just auto-type and clipboard on PC and the KeePass keyboard on Android.

Turn off "Safe file writes" or whatever it is in KeePass options or sometimes Drive will think you deleted the password database instead of saving it (because it does a SaveAs->DeleteOld->RenameNew sequence).

Also disable the "press enter after typing password" default option to stop you publically tweeting your password in case you accidentally activate auto-type somewhere you should not.

LMAO Google Drive broken on Android, everything working as usual!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Mr. Crow posted:

I realize my previous post was probably a little hostile, I am curious on the details but for $5 or even $20 and the potential to be in control of my own VPN I gotta try it.

Why none of this poo poo came up when I was searching a couple weeks ago I have no idea.

Likely it just involves getting the small digital ocean droplet for $5 a month and installing Algo on it. Done.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

RFC2324 posted:

How does the educational license fit in with this? It has almost all of the features of enterprise, does it also have the ads tho?

Education is just Pro with the option to defer updates for slightly longer.

LTSB is locked and not possible to upgrade, except manually when new versions come out.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

RFC2324 posted:

According to this: https://liliputing.com/2015/07/differences-between-windows-10-home-pro-enterprise-and-education.html

Education is Enterprise without Cortana(and I assume LTSB, but its not listed)

I’m pretty sure it goes like this:

Education can defer upgrades for a little while and lacks Cortana.

Enterprise can defer upgrades for a little while and lacks Cortana and most or all Metro apps.

LTSB can defer upgrades forever and lacks literally everything, including Edge.

I’m also pretty sure there’s working Powershell scripts to take Enterprise / Education and restore the features missing versus Pro, but there isn’t any way to take LTSB and restore all the features it’s missing.

Finally, I’m pretty sure Education and Enterprise cannot defer upgrades indefinitely. There’s ways to stop upgrades manually (Windows Update Minitool, or disable the upgrade service totally) or by using WSUS, but the OS by itself can’t stop upgrades.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

The Fool posted:

I had to disable Cortana and a ton of metro apps in my enterprise image.

My users also used to get “suggested app” notifications until I got that turned off.

The only difference between enterprise and pro is that you’re actually able to turn those things off in enterprise.

Yeah I think I’ve jumbled around what’s not in Enterprise with what’s actually not in LTSB. The short of it is, loving Microsoft and all their SKUs.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

anthonypants posted:

I have no idea where you're getting this information.

I posted above, but it was a fever dream confusing Enterprise with LTSB.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Waiting for the javascript miners to pivot from mining crypto in your browser to searching your memspace for private keys.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I'm going to sound like an idiot, but how to use the native one? I've been using a downloaded one called Purify.

There's not a native one, just 3rd-party blockers like Purify. By the way, Purify was found to be sort of bad. Consensus has been to use Firefox Focus if you want free, or 1Blocker if you don't mind paying.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

This is good, but the best scam around this hardware wallet was when an Ebay seller sold some with pregenerated addresses and private keys, then put that info on an official-looking printout and sealed it up.

Ignorant people bought the wallet and assumed that the generated address and private key were standard, so some of them sent currency to the address which was then immediately stolen by the Ebay seller.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Furism posted:

I can't wait to hear 5-10 years from now that CloudFlare is operated by NSA and they recorded a gazillion amount of requests and uncrypted content because they were doing TLS proxy under the pretense of caching.

Like how people currently use Google DNS in spite of Google’s ongoing cooperation with NSA under PRISM and probably other programs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

anthonypants posted:

I think you can still use the 1Password v4 client on Windows without paying for it, if $3/month is really going to cut into your Funko Pop allowance

1Pass on iOS / Android are pay-once, then either work great for password generation and vault management.

The open secret is that 1Pass v7 on Windows is free to use in read-only mode, and is otherwise fully functional. It will sync with a vault on your filesystem. So for example, if your phone 1Pass syncs to Dropbox and you install your Dropbox client on Windows, you're good.

So no real need to pay the monthly fee if you don't want to.