Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Terrorforge posted:

How do I go cloud with KeePass? Just throw the database up on Dropbox or..?

Yep, literally just that. Works seamlessly for me; I've been super happy with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Where do I sign up, my miicrophone is way too onpen

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
https://web.archive.org/web/20200409164556/https://medium.com/@s3c/how-i-hacked-worldwide-zoom-users-eafdff94077d

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Wonder if that affects the InReach products. I can imagine someone in the backcountry with an emergency situation might be kind of grumpy if their lifeline is unavailable.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
We were an all-Mac shop in my middle/high schools. I don't remember any tech workarounds to get admin mode, but my friend and I ingratiated ourselves to the point where we could just ask our computer teacher to put in the password whenever we needed it. There then came a day where she had to tell us that we were using 85% of the entire district's storage space, and to probably knock it off. It was a delicate line to walk.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Maneki Neko posted:

Whoa, looks like Tyler Tech who is in deep with lots of government clients paid out their ransom:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/tyler-technologies-paid-ransomware-gang-for-decryption-key/

They've been extremely tight-lipped about this, even with the support managers I've spoken to, who say they don't know anything more about it than the customers do. Wonder when they paid--their phone systems are all still completely down.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
I'm nearly certain I had my phone number linked to my account from about 2006 until sometime last year, but it's coming up clean on HIBP.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Martytoof posted:

Make sure you put in your whole phone number, including the 1 prefix, if you're hunting through pwned. Mine showed clean until I did 1XXXYYYZZZZ. I only tried again because I know for a fact I am in the dump.

Yep, still no hits. Guess my number is safe until the next dump.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

klosterdev posted:

How long until Ransomware as a Service starts trying to upsell their customers with Silver, Gold, and Platinum plans

Silver: Pledge not to release data, but no recovery key
Gold: No release, recovery key provided
Platinum: No release, recovery key provided, bonus archive of data from competitor/company in same sector that chose not to pay

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Powered Descent posted:

Television sets, parking meters, telephones, cars, birdcages, cheese graters, battleships, and pants. :ohdear:

pygmies, budgies, kuala lumpur

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Something You Have, and Someone You Don't Know

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

AlternateAccount posted:

Have they talked about the details of twitters coming encrypted DMs? Proper E2E or…?

End-to-Elon encryption

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Armauk posted:

I love my Yubikey but always forget to take it out of the house.

I keep one on my keychain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
https://www.crowdstrike.com/blog/crowdstrike-detects-and-prevents-active-intrusion-campaign-targeting-3cxdesktopapp-customers/

quote:

On March 29, 2023, CrowdStrike observed unexpected malicious activity emanating from a legitimate, signed binary, 3CXDesktopApp — a softphone application from 3CX. The malicious activity includes beaconing to actor-controlled infrastructure, deployment of second-stage payloads, and, in a small number of cases, hands-on-keyboard activity.

Seems good