Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Gift sent! Early Santa is best Santa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
poo poo, posted my thing but forgot to send the email :( will wait for the lightning round match then!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Tekopo posted:

Another year, another signup to the TGSS.

Gift Preferences: I'm heavily into boardgames, but my collection is pretty static currently . This is my current collection, along with some wishlist items. Please don't buy me anything marked as owned/previously owned.

I'm also into Star Wars Armada and X-Wing: for the former probably the only thing I would want is a Gladiator, or some Wave II stuff if it is already out (I already have custom range markers for the game!): I'm an Imperial player only, but wouldn't mind getting some rebels (A Nebulon maybe?).

For X-Wing I think I have all the ships I would want (along with custom maneuver templates that were given to me in the last TGSS :)), but I wouldn't mind custom tokens and firing range rulers/custom ship position markers/one of those line lasers that you can use to judge arcs (especially the short range only ruler would be awesome!).

I'm also into RPGs but my tastes are limited. I'm playing Feng Shui 2 at the moment and I wouldn't mind a copy of that! Outside of tradgames, I read a lot of 19th/20th century military/historical books, but I would suggest checking first to make sure you aren't buying something that I've already read. I like Star Wars as well, as you might have realised.

Please don't send:
No miniature wargames or miniature games apart from X-Wing/Armada stuff. No anime, not really into it. I would prefer not to get videogames either. No dongs/comedy gifts, thanks.

General Location:
London, UK

Solemn vow:
I haven't grinched in 4 years of doing this, not gonna start now.
Guess I'm gonna go for the first Lightning Round then :)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Depending on money things, I might do a lightning round.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Santa duties complete! It should be arriving Dec. 1st.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Grinch denied, Santa is in flight.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Gift is away.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

Speaking of which, now that this has started please sign me up for the first LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND as well. My gift preferences are here.

Tekopo posted:

Guess I'm gonna go for the first Lightning Round then :)

Just a reminder: if you're signing up for a bonus round, I need an email from you with your address and stuff. Even if you sent one already for the main round.

I know, it sounds silly, but it has to do with my organizational system: Gmail "threads" emails and their responses, and by receiving a separate email from you for the lightning round, I will be creating a fresh thread for the bonus round's forwards and responses etc. which is visually distinct in gmail when I do a search on your username for spreadsheeting purposes and...

...yeah, you don't want to know how the sausage is made, do you. No. It's not pretty but it works.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

By the way, we have 90 main-round gift exchanges going! That's 11 more than last year! So spamming the poo poo out of the forums worked great, and there's going to be extra Cheer being spread around this year. :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I already started it but here is the formal post that I can link to from the OP, to say

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS!

Lightning bonus rounds are how you take part in the Trad Games Secret Santa thing after the deadline for the main round is passed. It's also how you can be greedy and exchange more than one present with your fellow goons!

Beginning today (November 23rd), and continuing until December 18th, we will have a series of extra bonus rounds and YOU can participate. The LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS work a lot like the main round. All of the rules apply except for the deadline for application. Re-read the rules in the OP just in case you forgot them.

OK so to sign up I post in the thread and send you an email?
Correct. You must do this even if you participated in the main round. Post in the thread. If you already participated in the main round you can link to your original post or just quote it to show your gift preferences. You must send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com as well, with your address in it, even if you already sent one for an earlier round. My response to that email is your only confirmation that you've successfully signed up.

What then?
I will end each LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND according to whichever of the following things happens first:
  • 8 people sign up
  • 7 days have passed and at least 3 people signed up
  • We reach December 18th

Once each round closes I'll randomize the participants in the round and you all exchange gifts. You immediately fire off a Trad Games Present at your Santee, and they do the same! And of course the instant one LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND ends, the next one begins.

What about international shipping? :ohdear:
You can still tell me you prefer not to ship internationally – if it's impossible for you, let me know and I'll try to make sure that doesn't happen. But if you live outside the US it's particularly hard to ensure you don't have to ship internationally. Bear in mind that you can always buy something online from a store that operates in your target country and thereby avoid expensive shipping costs. You usually just need a credit card. (You might have to pay a currency exchange fee but that is typically much less money.) If I get a pool that contains nobody else in your country, and you said you don't want to ship internationally, I will contact you to check if you'd rather sit out to the next round.

It's much better though if LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND participants can all ship internationally.

So then what's the shipping deadline?
Of course, as we close in on Christmas day, you will have less and less time in which to accomplish purchase, shipping, and delivery. You'll have to pick an appropriate delivery option and be certain whatever you're buying is either in your hands, or definitely in stock at the retailer of your choice. You are still supposed to get your gift delivered in time for Christmas. This is part of the LIGHTNING challenge! But it probably means that you won't have time to make a hand-made gift or wait for something that is out of stock to get restocked. Strongly consider ordering online from a major retailer with a strong reputation for shipping things immediately.

ROUND ONE BEGINS NOW GO!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Leperflesh posted:

Just a reminder: if you're signing up for a bonus round, I need an email from you with your address and stuff. Even if you sent one already for the main round.

I know, it sounds silly, but it has to do with my organizational system: Gmail "threads" emails and their responses, and by receiving a separate email from you for the lightning round, I will be creating a fresh thread for the bonus round's forwards and responses etc. which is visually distinct in gmail when I do a search on your username for spreadsheeting purposes and...

...yeah, you don't want to know how the sausage is made, do you. No. It's not pretty but it works.

Email sent.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Got it!
I'm caught up to this point.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I have aimed my Christmas artillery at the target and fired a shot.

According to Amazon, the estimated delivery date is somewhere between the 2nd and the 19th of December holy crap. That's what you get for dealing with third-party Amazon partners I guess. And no giftwrap for a cool message either. :(

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Drone posted:

I have aimed my Christmas artillery at the target and fired a shot.

According to Amazon, the estimated delivery date is somewhere between the 2nd and the 19th of December holy crap. That's what you get for dealing with third-party Amazon partners I guess. And no giftwrap for a cool message either. :(

OK, keep an eye on that order and be ready to cancel it if it doesn't look like it's going to ship on time. Third-party sellers don't have Amazon's amazing robot-powered fulfillment engine, and in the past we've had numerous such orders wind up arriving late, or in a couple cases even just never shipping.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I've got my Secret Santee's order in and a confirmation email in my inbox from the store. All there is now is to wait for it to arrive. It may not ship until later this week apparently (they have a notice up about delays of 4 days or so) but they say that after it goes out I should receive tracking information shortly thereafter.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
My santee's gift is away! Should be there in a little under a week, I reckon.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Santa has left the building!

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
First gift has been ordered! Second gift in preparation.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Gifts for both Santees are en-route! (one of them gets 2 items, which might arrive a few days apart)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

A minor household finance issue will prevent my gift from launching until after the next paycheck, but rest assured that the wheels of Crimbo turn.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Order placed and gift bombs are away. Guarantee delivery on November 27th. So if he doesn't post on the 27th that he received it, I WILL KNOW.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Hmm, I was gonna wait for the second lightning round, but I'm feeling the Santa love, so sign me up for the first lightning round!

Spincut posted:

I don't really go to SA anymore, but Leperflesh emailed me and TG Secret Santa is one of my favorite things ever, so here I am back for my third year!!

Gift Preferences: I love board games and RPGs, and also play Netrunner and Lord of the Rings LCG! You can check out my board game wish list here and my DTRPG wishlist here for an idea of what I've got my eye on. Generally, though, I like heavier board games and more indie RPGs, and while I have a lot of both, most of the RPGs I have are in PDF format and print copies are always fun.

I also just started getting into Malifaux! I've never done minis before, so I am definitely lacking stuff like brushes, paints, that kind of thing, and I only have four boxes at this point (Sonnia Criid, Tara, Toni Ironsides, and Jakob Lynch).

Generally, though, I'm open to a lot of stuff, and if you think it's fun, I'll probably think it's fun too!

General Location: San Francisco, where I'll probably live until the ridiculously high rent forces me to move! YAY!

Solemn Vow: I actually got Leperflesh as my santee last year and managed not to gently caress it up, and I promise I'll treat you as well as I treated him! Or better!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gravy Train Robber posted:

First gift has been ordered! Second gift in preparation.

Is the ordered gift for your SANTEE NUMBER 1 or SANTEE NUMBER 2?

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Gifts for both Santees are en-route! (one of them gets 2 items, which might arrive a few days apart)

Are the 2 items for SANTEE NUMBER 1 or SANTEE NUMBER 2?

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

Are the 2 items for SANTEE NUMBER 1 or SANTEE NUMBER 2?

Number 2

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
A gift has been dispatched!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Get me in on this! Lightning style!

gift preferences: I am a boardgaming person, so DEER SANTA please bring me boardgames or standalone stuff. I have a collection of stuff, as seen here: https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Albertole
I have recently burned my munchkin set, so please don't get me a new one. I like dongs, but my girlfriend is not too into them, so maybe slightly subtle on the dongs. Also incredibly specific, I need some sort of opaque bags for my Mage Knight enemy tokens, if you know a great place to get those.

General location: I am in Nørrebro, Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe, Cisatlantic/transalpine, Earth.

Solemn vow: I promise to not be a dick, and also to send out stuff and also to check up on the thread, and also to be happy about getting stuff* and posting pictures.

*Happiness not guaranteed in case of titty anime or Talisman.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Presents away!

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Ride the lightning.

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Ah hell no, almost missed it! I'm going to be real good this year Satan, I swear!

Preferences: I don't play minis games, but OSR RPGs, magic, boardgame whatever is clever booze dongs go hog wild.
Solem vow: Death is certain.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

What's this? Could that ringing at my door possibly be a goony Santa? No, it can't be, it's so soon!

But it is! Thanks Santa Goon! :3:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Drone posted:

What's this? Could that ringing at my door possibly be a goony Santa? No, it can't be, it's so soon!

But it is! Thanks Santa Goon! :3:

Nice! Run that as a forums game or something

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
drat that was quick!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

jivjov posted:

Nice! Run that as a forums game or something

You know, I might just do...

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
I can report that all presents are enroute from various mine pits and sweat shops across the globe, where they were carefully handcrafted, to Santa's Holiday Cheer Assembly Center.

Let's hope all of Santa's Little Subcontractors are on the ball and I'll manage to send it out by the end of the week.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

So I just got an email from Amazon that my santee's gifts, which had an estimated delivery date of the 2nd to the 19th of December, were shipped today. So my conclusion is that estimated delivery dates are total bullshit.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I just received my gift and wow, just wow :stare:

My secret santa was extremely generous and whoever you are, thank you :)

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I have sent my gifts to the, heh heh, "target". They can expect two Amazon packages - one small one, and one smaller one! I hope that they will arrive before the end of the first week of December (one is scheduled to arrive Nov 27, the other is anticipated to arrive Dec 1 or later).

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Gift order placed! Hopefully it will with you next week some time Santee!

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Shots fired santee. 4 gifts are on their way from Amazon! You should receive them all this Friday.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Edit: If it's not too late, I'm a little full on A-wings and B-wings. If my Santa is on the ball and already ordered something with those ships, don't panic, it's all good! I can still find a use for them.

I made a minor edit to my post in case my Santa hasn't bought anything yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Gift is either shipping or is waiting at my doorstep, which will then require some reconstitution and shipping again.

Tekopo posted:

I just received my gift and wow, just wow :stare:

My secret santa was extremely generous and whoever you are, thank you :)

Are you gonna keep us in suspense?

• Locked thread