Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Someone boug
ht me a new AV. byob foeva
thanks
its poo poo
gently caress off moo cow
View Results

• Locked thread
Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
take this opportunity to remove computing from your life op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

poisoned pie posted:

loller

also lol at apple NZ posting half a billion dollars in revenue and also posting slightly less than half a billion in 'operating costs' for FY14-15.

i too lol when multi billion dollar companies skirt tax laws

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
hey moo cow i think i would like a life goal of mine to be eventually to live on a homestead (it will not be a source of income, obviously i will do this while making 6.5 figures remotely)

if i just want a dairy cow is it really true that the cow has to be knocked up all the time to make milk? sounds pretty hosed up

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

hey moo cow i think i would like a life goal of mine to be eventually to live on a homestead (it will not be a source of income, obviously i will do this while making 6.5 figures remotely)

if i just want a dairy cow is it really true that the cow has to be knocked up all the time to make milk? sounds pretty hosed up

like once a year at least i think, and it is hosed up but otoh sweet sweet tity milk

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
modern cows are bread

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJw8aSxEFwQ

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
you should be able to run Haiku on a very wide variety of old inexpensive hardware

under 1GB RAM and storage needed, and it has a WebKit-based browser for whatever random web poo poo you need

or you could build your own "laptop" by getting a Raspberry Pi 2 or equivalent, a USB keyboard and trackpad, and LCD screen, and sticking them in a case, you could probably put all that together for like US$150

then there's the Intel Compute Stick, you could get the 4GB/32GB model and stick it in a TV and use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and it'll be a deece basic browsing station (and a bit faster than the RPi2)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this is great. love it that w7 runes flawlessly

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gently caress I'll buy one if I see one.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I like to suck on cow titty balls for nourishment :shobon:

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

echinopsis posted:

this is great. love it that w7 runes flawlessly

those things loving fly with an ssd and trimenabler. 10.9.5 is the new 10.6.8 anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

OP get a 2009 Macbook. they're the metal ones that look just like macbook pros. under $500 on eBay.

• Locked thread