Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

littleorv posted:

Best Idolm@ster is the one that looks like the cute dude from SNAFU

She's cute, and also the rare Russian anime girl who knows more than 'khorosho'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sylphid posted:

Anastasia?

Yes. You should note that that is the only thing I know about idolm@ster though.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

littleorv posted:

Yes. You should note that that is the only thing I know about idolm@ster though.

Your taste in Idolm@sters is well-founded. She's great, but she really needed more awkwardly speaking Japanese in the second half.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Blegh, they were out of the film cuts by the time I arrived at the cinema and giving out goodies from previous weeks and a free voucher for small popcorn instead. Disappointing but not unexpected.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Stairmaster needs to get with the times.

Fist of the North Star is so last month.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Also, LISA is a weird game.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Bad Seafood posted:

Yeah. Enjoying it?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

In a sense, though I've a feeling it's not a game meant to be enjoyed in the traditional way.

The opening sequence was surprisingly...powerful? It expressed a lot of things very tidily and tactfully in ways I didn't expect.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Young Black Jack is cool

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oANZS7xxwXk

good robot

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Bad Seafood posted:

In a sense, though I've a feeling it's not a game meant to be enjoyed in the traditional way.

The opening sequence was surprisingly...powerful? It expressed a lot of things very tidily and tactfully in ways I didn't expect.

Yeah, that's accurate. It manages to handle a lot of things well that you might not expect just at a glance while still being pretty funny, and has an amazing soundtrack (which everyone is obligated to mention every time LISA comes up :) )

I'll be curious as to what you think when you finish :)

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Space Flower posted:

She's cute, and also the rare Russian anime girl who knows more than 'khorosho'.

That's the power of big Russiaboo Sumire Uesaka

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Cool, we're back. Hopefully with more talking about anime this time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I haven't watched any anime for a couple of days, this is very unusual

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

littleorv posted:

Young Black Jack is cool

:yeah:

It's a little weird but it's really good, if you aren't watching it you should be.

I really like the ED, the presentation is simple but effective, it's just showing every character in the show with their original design next to them. Pretty much just a mishmash of every Tezuka character ever, including loads from stuff like Dororo, aka things set in feudal Japan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShmM-WH0tQg

I'm guessing it's going to wrap itself up at the end of the cours but I feel like I could watch Black Jack's merry Vietnam-era medical adventures for at least another cours.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

LISSA is a very powerful game.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

A lot of people look at long series and go "yeah no that's too much" but I prefer longer series. More of at thing that I like is always better after all.

Unless you hit 80+ episodes. Then it becomes daunting. But only daunting to start because that's a serious commitment. I'll start you eventually, LotGH.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

read the ann reviews of young black jack if you want to lol @ an anime reviewer trying to sound important

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got hit in the face with the first week's Love Live goodies so I guess I got 2 weeks worth of goodies. Yay.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What's that from? I looks familiar.

Oh wait it's Kyosougiga?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

littleorv posted:

Young Black Jack is cool
I must confess my sins.

Every time I read this title I see it as "Young Jack Black."

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the adtrw japan meet will go into the history books as legendary

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

read the ann reviews of young black jack if you want to lol @ an anime reviewer trying to sound important

There were maybe 3 sentences in all of those reviews that addressed the content of the show, other than Black Jack's topless body. They all generically used the phrase "procedural medical drama".

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Sakurazuka posted:

What's that from? I looks familiar.

Oh wait it's Kyosougiga?

yah, yase's starry eyes

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Welcome back chat thread! I missed you!

Also let me say for the record that my love of robots is not a gimmick, but an accurate representation of my true self.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Droyer posted:

Also let me say for the record that my love of robots is not a gimmick, but an accurate representation of my true self.

Shadow Droyer.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Droyer posted:

That's what they all say.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If this threads gimmick is gonna be cute girls eating lots then I'm gonna be insanely horny until 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Twiddy posted:

I must confess my sins.

Every time I read this title I see it as "Young Jack Black."

Young black, jack

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Namtab posted:

If this threads gimmick is gonna be cute girls eating lots then I'm gonna be insanely horny until 2016

Post the cute chubby girls, Namtab

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Here's a poorly made gif of an anime girl rapidly eating

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

Post the cute chubby girls, Namtab
It is the role of other people to post them, and my role is to save them to my collection

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I watched the first episode of Cat's Eye which is about three sisters who are thieves called Cat's Eye and they run a cafe called Cat's Eye. It seems alright. They all wear suits when they're thieving that look like outfits you wear during an exercise video, so of course that's what the ED basically is.

I also watched the first episode of Dirty Pair where a supercomputer goes rogue. They defeat it by first asking it which Dirty Pair girl is better to distract it and then warping a loving spaceship into its core. It owns.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

If you haven't played the first LISA game that isn't on Steam you should look it up to get the general gist of it since it's sorta an important part of the story.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I am probably going to watch Katanagatari next weekend.

Away from my computer this weekend so no anime for me :(

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I guess I'll finally finish Lodoss episode 9, in which having an actual animation budget yet again proves to make the second half of the OVA a lot more enjoyable when the fights roll around.

Reds fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Nov 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shy delinquent chicks are great.

• Locked thread