Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
I mostly rely on firestorm to take down the firebolt towers, but yeah it's hard when they're paired up with the snake towers.

Also this is a fun time waster game and we could definitely use a few more members, so jump in and give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
Yeah the sniper cannons really wreak havoc on normal base defences. There isn't a lot you can do defensively as far as I can see, but going and putting a cannon into every wave is a good idea. I did that just before our war started.

At least one of the other teams in this war will be pretty difficult I think, they've got both numbers and rank on us.

We'd love to get a few more people in if anyone is thinking about picking it up. It's a lot of fun for a timewaster game, and the goon alliance has gotten rather small.

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
Sorry I haven't been contributing to alliance chat, it's broken and I can't type anything for some reason.

This war season looks pretty promising at least.

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
It is something to do with the strength of the defences (though not path length) from what I've read, but it seems pretty random on top of that.

Our low player numbers are going to make wars increasingly difficult I think. If anyone has any friends they can get on board, it might help. No new goons seem to be joining us at this point.

It would also be good if we could establish some kind of agreed strategy on which boosts to use and when. I'd prefer if we didn't use any boosts at all outside of war seasons, and then only used agreed upon ones during the season. Boosting arrow towers if none of us are using arrow towers is just a waste of gold. If we can agree to keep holy paladins up during war seasons, people can build their defense waves around that (they're barely worth using otherwise).

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
Well, that's one of our top three gone then. The downward spiral continues :|

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
Yeah I've got too many mid-level towers and not enough with focused upgrades I think. Going to focus on getting my snake towers up higher for a while.

I've got up to +7% range on my arbalesters but I'm not noticing that much difference yet I must say.

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
I don't have a strong feeling regarding boosts. I'm fairly all in on arbalests as you guys know, and there is no purchaseable boost for them.

I don't mind switching off paladins, I'll just remove them entirely from my defensive setup. I don't use them on offence at all.

For offence I'm basically exclusively running mummy-arbalest-cannon, just ramboing as far through as possible and then dropping mummies, leaving cannons to clean up everything behind. Paladins are more a slowpush strat with heal/shield.

I'd honestly be happy going with no elite boost outside of war season and focusing on getting the alliance level upgraded instead?

Stunning Ogre is really strong on both offense and defense I've found, but I don't know that we can afford to keep that one up?

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
With the changes to how medals are granted for raids, I've gone from being able to consistently win platinum to having to focus all resources just to win gold/silver. I get 25 medals for 99% of my raids now, so they're completely useless for getting medals.

The most food efficient way i've found to get medals is just to raid grotesque grotto V over and over again.

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!

pseudanonymous posted:

I can't say for sure but basically, you go through some cycles in the game I've found where you feel weaker than your opponents. you may be holding on to a lot of trophies, I think that's a primary matchmaking tool. I tend to hit next about 10 times on average before I attack someone, my rule is minimum 300k loot usually more like 500k.

It's also about tower selection, a lot of the early towers peter out, I use only skull/poison/firebolt and lightning. I have 0 bomb, arrow, frost or .. flame? inferno? towers.

There's also no reason not to rush.

That is: RUSH YOUR THRONE ROOM. Unlock the end game spells and towers ASAP.

That's pretty much where I am. The only worthwhile towers are skull, snake and firebolt, with perhaps the occasional lightning thrown in. I don't raid for less than 300K as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
So while I'm back from my travels, it seems my phone took some damage at some point, as it now hard-crashes if I try to do anything other than make calls/send texts with it, so I'm currently AWOL I'm afraid. I'm about to go to SE Asia for five weeks to do some humanitarian work anyway, so would be largely out of touch either way. I might just stop even trying to log in so I go inactive and can't be a target in wars.
Sorry!

• Locked thread