Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Putty posted:

MDickie's Hard Time #2

good night beautiful soul

WHAT IS THAT MAN DOING TO HIS FACE?
e: btw where did whoever get that Work Harder / Through the Fire and the Flames mashup?

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Hearing the commentator's strained reaction to the fursuit face was loving worth it.

Also no one was able to identify Santo? Really? On Something Awful? Thought you guys were nerds.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Steak Eater posted:

WHAT IS THAT MAN DOING TO HIS FACE?
e: btw where did whoever get that Work Harder / Through the Fire and the Flames mashup?

https://soundcloud.com/chestermoistmuffins/work-through-the-fire-and-the-flames

i have a txt file in the pack I will release at the end of this with full music "credits"

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
also it was very hard to hear because of the lovely alarm but this was the bathroom music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SslUWW8odpE

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
No but that one face was literally goatse did you not pick up on that or just choose not to?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
You can set the number of inmates from 40 to 70 but if you don't have 40 the game lags extremely even without textures

there are 66 faces do the math

the one that confuses me the most is the telephone man

Putty fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 5, 2016

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Putty posted:

the one that confuses me the most is the telephone man

I believe this video will answer any questions you may or may not have about this important topic.

Thank you.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
So here's my plan for the future forward:

-Finish MDickie

-Post the 4 episodes of TurboFlamingChicken's run of Pagoda penis

-Start access to Steak Eater's mystery game

-Do Super Paper Mario or Rhythm Heaven Fever, whichever works better

-Release new Mario Parties when I can get recordings inbetween everything

For now on instead of polls to pick new games just post games you want to see ITT and I'll pick based on what is a good idea and technically doable on my end.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Putty posted:

So here's my plan for the future forward:

-Finish MDickie

-Post the 4 episodes of TurboFlamingChicken's run of Pagoda penis

-Start access to Steak Eater's mystery game

-Do Super Paper Mario or Rhythm Heaven Fever, whichever works better

-Release new Mario Parties when I can get recordings inbetween everything

For now on instead of polls to pick new games just post games you want to see ITT and I'll pick based on what is a good idea and technically doable on my end.

Nah putty I hosed up the ripping and it turns out that Viewtiful Joe (Btw that's what it was gonna be) is loving unfun to play in anything outside of easy mode and I burned out on it during one playthrough. Also the rip hosed up and now that I have the actually proper settings to not miss textures there's a hideous filter whenever I use Slowdown which actively slows my performance to a nightmare chug. So I'll have to work on something else.

I'll try to figure something else out. The Bomberman games are really easy to rip textures from and look great for editing but god they seem like no fun at all.

e: I could honestly see myself replaying Viewtiful Joe if I can find a way to cheat in invulnerability and like one hit kills, that'd actually be fine and I wouldn't have to rely on slowmo that much.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 7, 2016

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
some games come with Action Replay cheats, Mario Party did but I used an imported save instead

if it's not fun then Viewtiful Joe is off the table and I encourage everyone to post games that aren't Super Paper Mario or Rhythm Heaven cause im looking at those right now

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
It might be too similar to Rhythm Heaven Fever but there was that one WarioWare for the gamecube that might be worth trying. Results might be too similar to the original thing, granted.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

It seems to me like WarioWare microgames would go by too fast to really take in the edited textures.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Speaking of suggestions, hey Pins did you ever finish your side project?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Steak Eater posted:

Speaking of suggestions, hey Pins did you ever finish your side project?

he told me he has other LP things he'd want to focus on more

boy pins for a guy who doesnt watch lps you sure make a lot of em!

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Putty posted:

he told me he has other LP things he'd want to focus on more

boy pins for a guy who doesnt watch lps you sure make a lot of em!

Well he makes up for not finishing things in quantity.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
drat it Putty put our stupid game up already!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

drat it Putty put our stupid game up already!

i'm apparently supposed to "space" these updates out liek a real LPer but maybe I'll post the Lust Penis part as a preview tomorrow

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

MDickie's Hard Time #3

ill post TurboChicken's preview tomorrow morning

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Putty what if we repaint Dark Souls, that's something you can actually do.

e: i'm gonna rip it (the teextures)

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 10, 2016

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
repainting dark souls might not be a very good idea, somebody tried to make an hd texture pack thing for it but they had to stop when eventually they found out that the texture replacement stuff in dsfix has a hardcoded size limit where it eventually just stops loading replacement textures

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
If it ever does happen i'd limit the textures to not include items or probably non-boss enemies to save time

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So it looks like dumping the textures dumped ALL of the textures because I have a gigantic folder immediately with a bunch of items I definitely didn't see in Asylum, so I guess it's time to get cherry pickin'.

The trick now is that a lot of textures share a single file, so I'll need to do some manually tweaking myself to change things like UI elements and large messages (the YOU DIED texture would have to end up as a vote because you can't just give that to one person)

e: I'd also be willing to record the footage of the aftermath myself if that's worth anything.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 10, 2016

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
here's the TurboFlamingChicken preview I promised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3PYx0na_Hk

i'm mad cause he somehow recording this in not-poo poo quality, for the next video I record I'm probably going to try Elgato PC recording because why not

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Putty posted:

i'm mad cause he somehow recording this in not-poo poo quality, for the next video I record I'm probably going to try Elgato PC recording because why not

I have no idea how I did that, by the way.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Putty posted:

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

I have no idea how I did that, by the way.

u motherfuckres

i can't stop laughing

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Putty posted:

The hell is wrong with you putty? :drat:

5/5 entertainment though

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Putty posted:

GPM liked it so that's neat.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Steak Eater posted:

(the YOU DIED texture would have to end up as a vote because you can't just give that to one person)

Part of the fun with repainted stuff is not knowing what to expect from any given texture. Voting would kinda ruin that imo.
Why not send it to multiple people and swap to a different retexture before every recording session?

Gridlocked posted:

The hell is wrong with you putty? :drat:

5/5 entertainment though

Yeah, didn't even use the HD remake of the comic smh.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Dragonwagon posted:

Why not send it to multiple people and swap to a different retexture before every recording session?

I'm doing this for the Mario Party Spaces and Bowser Face. There was a third set of textures that I gave to Chicken and friends to use but I don't think he got around to replacing it so you won't see them in his episodes.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Dragonwagon posted:

Part of the fun with repainted stuff is not knowing what to expect from any given texture. Voting would kinda ruin that imo.

I guess sharing it around might be a good idea. Another problem however that YOU DIED is on the same texture page as every other message (BONFIRE LIT, HUMANITY RESTORED, ETC) so that's pretty rough too, unless we get one person who wants to do all of them in cycles, but then there's like a guarantee we're not gonna see all of them in each cycle either.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

MDickie's Hard Time #4

the end

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
oh god why.

Hey putty could you play the mario party mini games I edited the floor for? I wanna see if it works.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Hard Time Repainted is now available to download for everyone. While I start editing the TurboChicken vids I'd like to know if there are any more external groups out there that want to LP Mario Party that would also be willing to put out vids.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Pagoda Penis #1

Jon Pop lol

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

save me reggie tree

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Replacing every water texture I get with fire continues to be a great idea. And vice versa.

Oh wait that place is supposed to be on fire.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Putty I don't know if I psted it already but I realyl want you to play the game that I edited the floor textures for. I want to see if the face still works.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i have no control over when anything is going to show up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Putty posted:

i have no control over when anything is going to show up

AAARRRGGGH