Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I've been talking to an Army recruiter about getting into OCS. When I asked about how I pick my career path as an officer, he brushed off the question and said that all that stuff gets decided during OCS. Is that accurate? It feels weird that I wouldn't get any say in my career until I'm already that deep in the system, but I'm coming to find that a lot of stuff in the military doesn't work the way I would expect.

tankadillo fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

zharmad posted:

You rank all the army basic branches in order and are assigned one based off needs of the army/your preference. Or get really boned and given your top choice but branch detailed to a branch no one wants, like chemical. The only way to get a guaranteed branch is through the guard if you have a by name letter of acceptance into a specific paragraph and line number for the branch you want.

Alright, good to know. I was worried at first that my recruiter was just trying to push me along.