Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vahakyla posted:

I opted into BRS, but my TSP.gov show that my matching contributions are to Traditional balance. My own contributions are to a Roth, so is there a way for me to change this so that my match would also be Roth? Or is it not possible due to the fact that I didn't pay tax on the match? I did poke around MyPay but I didn't find a way to change it.

Matching contributions can't go into Roth, they're always traditional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

White Chocolate posted:

I’m pretty certain that you can change future contributions, but the ones previously made are a no.

Correct, for what you choose to put in from your pay. Employer contributions only ever go to the traditional fund. Page 26 here.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

not a value-add posted:

Hey guys, I have a somewhat specific question: I'm a recent college grad looking at the psyops officer position as a reservist. Is this available right off the bat or will I have to spend several years in another role before I'm eligible?

More generally, I'm looking to sign up as a way to get my foot in the door for a career in the intelligence community. Is this a really bad idea? I've reached out to a recruiter, but like other posters in this thread I feel like I should take what they tell me with a grain of salt.

If you want a job in the intelligence community, apply directly there rather than wasting time in the military first.