Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lee King Wang
Jan 11, 2012

Hey guys, have some questions about enlisting:

I'm a DoD Civilian on Atsugi, JP for the CDC, currently 23 years old, but I want to go back to college - however I can't afford it and my credit is awful (I'm also currently being sued), and FAFSA would basically make it so I could only take a class or two per semester. I really want to teach English, and am considering some kind of career in the military in linguistics, so I could attend college and get some kind of practical field experience. I was thinking of going Navy, since they have more of a presence here in Japan, where I eventually want to end up staying for the rest of my life anyway. Last time I took the ASVAB I got a 97, and I don't have any firm medical issues that would require a waiver or anything, and I haven't done-diddly any droogs in at least a year. I just drink (a lot). Have been considering military for a very long time, plus I went to military school anyway to get my GED, and my father was enlisted Navy for 6 years and an officer for 10, so I'm super not-worried about transitioning into da martial lifestyle. But anyway I guess my three questions are: Which branch of service would be best for linguistics/foreign relations/translator? and How do I even go about enlisting while living in a foreign country? and also Should I even enlist with my poor credit? Or just try super hard to fix that garbage and get student loans? Any help would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU