Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012
A friend of mine has been working as a Congressional intern through CSP and he's wrapping it up and leaving DC this week. This was not a position where there was a pre-existing relationship with CSP so he had to first get the internship (with the understanding it would have to be approved by the military as well), take the offer letter and get it approved by CSP, and then get it approved by the unit (BN or BDE, not sure which). As with everything with your transition, it pays to start as early as possible and be persistent in following up on the paperwork - there's a lot of steps involved and poo poo gets lost or sidetracked.

If it's something you're really interested in, I wouldn't hesitate to put the paperwork in just because you might get told no. The whole transition program is mandated by Congress, it's a benefit you earned, and you should be able to take advantage of it. Apply, keep pushing the paperwork through, and if your unit tries to lose it or whatever just keep resubmitting it until they either let you go or give you a denial with a reason, which you should then take back to CSP and whoever else you can think of if it's not legitimate. Don't let them scare you off - it's your future. Again, it pays to start as early as possible but you can start TAP like 15 months out now or something so you should have plenty of time if you plan ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

Cirrhosis Johnson posted:

What’s everyone’s experience with the DLAB?

If you're good at taking standardized tests, you'll probably do well. If you aren't, it's a lot of luck. I scored 99th percentile on SATs and the ASVAB, and the DLAB was the one test where I came out having no real concept of how well I did, but I ended up scoring high. Do you have any specific questions?