Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Well, a year or two back they went on this massive smuthunt to remove all sexual stuff from the Air Force and it's offices, including Playboy and Hustlers (Really? Where were these?), Sexy calendars, even stuff like Men's Health, Sports Illustrated, ETC were snatched up by the Morality Brigades.

Supposedly some nose art (The sexy 50's ladies on planes) got painted over but I'm not sure if that was legit or not. But It is pretty telling that pretty much anyone still in the AF would just assume they'd go around destroying one of the cool parts of our legacy just for PC.

I'm still amazed the amazing wall art of Dick Bong shooting down a Japanese Zero is still up in the Hickam CAOC hallway. We had multiple joint exercises with the JASDF there and the loooooks that mural would get were great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Hey, if you want to serve (adjacently) and not break yourself in the process, check out USAjobs.com. Go be a GS computer toucher and watch those of us who made the mistake of enlisting do more work than you for a fraction of the paycheck! You too can be a LT Colonel (equivalent)!

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Jesus, I just turned 40 and I can't imagine starting an Active Duty military career at this point. I have a year left until I can retire and collect my 100% brokeass VA check.

What even is the ruling on aging out / forced separation? Could this guy wind up being a 57 year old retiring TSgt?

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Nobody cares. Just don't whip out Secret materials when you start arguing about the DU density of an Abrams on the WoT forums.