Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Waroduce posted:

My girlfriend has spoken to me about her joining the military in order to pay for gradschool. She has a mo-tard AF guy shes friends with who wont shut up about how awesome it is, and one of her friends was also in the airforce, got out and is collecting 3k a month and going to law school for free.

She is worried about paying for grad school. She's 27, has a criminal justice or some such degree from UF, and has a decent legal job, and is looking for more hence the interest in the military.

I told her she'd hate it but she wont believe me and shes asked me about joining for benefits and i pretty much just laugh her out of the room due to you guys, several guys ive spoken to ( 2 Nam era SEALs and a friends friend who was a green beret in afghanistan) and generally all the bullshit i hear about military life.

Can someone give me some reasons why she shouldn't join so the next time this comes up I have something other to say than you're loving retarded?

Military paralegal work sucks. Since that's her area, she'll hate it. Almost no true paralegal work, more akin to legal secretary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

The Unholy Ghost posted:

What looks better for graduate school: spending time as an officer in the Army, or enlisting in the Air Force?

EDIT: Both would be either a public affairs or intelligence position.

Officer time is better for almost all purposes.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

As Nero Danced posted:

e: on second thought nevermind, dumb question with obvious answer

e2: on second thought, maybe I should use this wasted post for a different question. I've always heard that the air force has a higher quality of living than army, at least for enlisted. Is it the same for officers?

Yes.