Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Apologies if this isn't the thread for this, but I think it is, so here goes!

I have an interest in joining the Canadian Forces. Something back-of-house, like Intel maybe. I'm 31, unemployed, recently graduated from University, and just coasting and drifting like so many others. I'm considering the military for financial reasons (~$50k is a pretty good chunk of money per year for me) but also to, hopefully, instill some kind of discipline/work ethic in myself that I can utilize later in my life, so I can stop being such a lazy rear end in a top hat. Politically, I have neither a love nor hate of the military and personally, if it helps me with structure and finances, it seems like a great option.

Would this be a good idea, or would this be the worst of all ideas? I came to this forum because trying to find real, firsthand accounts of Canadian military life has proven difficult for me. It's either CF OORAH JOIN US videos or YESSIR IM PROUD O MUH BOYS SERVIN parent accounts or whatever.

But yeah, any insight would be great, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I shall take upon me this hallowed task with grace and humility.