Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
Hi goons, I'm a lot closer to getting out so I'd like to ask some advice:

I'm looking to go to school once I'm out, for computer science or software engineering probably. But I did pretty badly in high school, like, my GPA was a 2.6, 2.7. Something like that.

Should I try to go to a community college first or will that be fine getting me into a school? I'm not trying to go to the Ivies here, but I don't know much anything about higher education.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Apr 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
Hi again mil and vetgoons,

I'm out now, back in the states in the first time in years, and busy applying for colleges/FAFSA/grants and whatever.
While I was getting out, people kept telling me I should file a VA claim, but I didn't really say much at my final physical, and no one I talked to really told me what I was supposed to do? I wasn't even really aware my final physical was actually the final physical, it was pretty rushed.

Is there anything I should do now? How would I get around doing this, if I should?

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
Gotcha, thanks for the help guys.

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
Hey goons, when I called into the local DAV office I was just given the 1800 number for benefits questions. Is there a different avenue I can pursue or is that right?

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
I walked down to the office and got seen instantly and got everything pretty much filed for me. Now time to sit and wait.