Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm signing up for a teaching certificate program at my school. For the summer stuff, I want to use Hazlewood instead of GI Bill so I don't use up all my benefits before I graduate, and the summer stuff includes a paid internship. Can I do that?

Also, just keeping folks updated on the saga of blue squares, I am now teaching weekly creative writing courses in a jail in my area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

poo poo... I can afford to go without GI Bill for the summer but I don't know if I can do that while also paying for 6 credit hours. Thanks for the responses.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So one of the things I am considering post-college is moving to a place like Indonesia where I can easily live on my $360 a month of disability, and try to do some internet stuff for extra cash. Is there any reason why relying on my disability pay while in a foreign country could backfire?

http://www.benefits.va.gov/persona/veteran-abroad.asp This link seems to say I'd be fine.

Edit: this would be a temporary thing, and it was an idea I had while drunk at midnight

blue squares fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 12, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Yeah the much smarter thing to do is to join the Peace Corps, where they actually pay you and provide medical coverage

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

krispykremessuck posted:

they typically require relevant degrees and skills, so I guess Indonesia is still in the running

I'm getting my teaching certificate (but that was a good burn).

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

edit: not the thread for this

blue squares fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

cult_hero posted:

You just have to show a "serious employment handicap" and it doesn't have to be service connected.

No, I have no idea what a serious employment handicap would entail.

My degree plan