Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
With 12 months left on my GI Bill I applied for Voc Rehab, in a career field with a clear laid out plan im hoping I can get this fourth year covered. (70% retired rating, idk if that matters)

Anyone have luck with it? I applied, I have my appointment at the big VA (got the packet today). I just wanted to start early so there was no issue in 12 months when my GI Bill is gone. My GPA is great, what else do you think will help me?

I am currently in school and starts in Jan..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Does anyone know if I get remarried after being put on PDRL (retired medically for good) does my new wife have access to tricare?

Wasnt sure, got divorced, removed her from DEERS. Hoping my new one is covered due to high risk pregnancy. Scary some and hoping for a yes on this.

Edit - Ex has been removed for years, got re-married....wondering if she gets Tricare upon marriage since im already out and retired?

all apologies fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 28, 2018

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Moved from post 911 to voc rehab since GI Bill was nearly gone, got a whole box of expensive office poo poo and a new laptop man. Crazy. Hopefully they dont gently caress it up at school and everything stays on schedule like the GI Bill was.

Remember, for those of you who may ever try to go to Voc Rehab when the GI Bill is gone and can qualify do NOT exhaust every month of your GI Bill. Leave atleast a day (i believe, I had 2 months left) so you will get BAH as well.

Got lucky, was so worried for so long about school and housing and the family. But im 80% so that helped my case to be approved for Voc Rehab.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Zero VGS posted:

Wait a minute, so you can take the post-911 getting BAH until the last month or two, then switch to Voc Rehab and they'll still pay BAH? For how much longer?

Just dont use all of your GI Bill months.

I left two months on it and moved onto Voc Rehab, which pays for my schooling until im done (i get BAH for the zip same as post 9-11 for not using all of the GI Bill months).

I also got a laptop and printer.

Pretty sweet deal and its saved my rear end as I had a kid 6 months ago. GI bill is 36 months so its getting me through my last year of school (3 months left and im done). SO basically the holidays will be opkay and the its real career time. Which im scared about but with my Army background and network security skillsets i hope im okay.

Also they help with job placement as well as paying while in a internship position (up to an amount).

Also sorry for the late response, like I said. Baby.

Fuckin' baby. lol

all apologies fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Aug 7, 2019

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Guys, im going through a lot of tough poo poo and just needed to know as I am not going to drop this voc rehab class (I am 12 credits from finishing my BAS degree finally) what happens if I fail a class in Voc Rehab even with a 3.8 GPA and no prior issues. Will I lose the help ill need to finish this degree?

I am in Calc and literally going in to class tomorrow for a test that I may not be able to answer one question but I do not want to drop out. I am going through a divorce and child separation that started about two weeks ago and I just shut off in class.

But I do not want to withdraw or anything. I just want to know if I cant come back from this will I get another shot at it? I was also going to touch base with my VRnE counselor so he knows whats going on and I guess to get his advice too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
just sitting here crying man ive never failed a test i cant withdrawl and refuse to im going through this evil bitch taking kids man i get why people just be like gently caress it

and its my fault i didnt pay attention. if i keep worrying about this test im going to have a panic attack im just going to try to ignore it and eat poo poo tomorrow turn in the mostly blank calc 2 test and walk away

one semester away and a crazy bitch no matter where who when or how can parachute right in and gently caress it up