Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I've asked this before, but was hoping someone had an answer this time around-

Does anyone know if the projected turnaround times listed on Human Resources Command's website re: CRSC is realistic? I am seeing forum posts claiming poo poo like 20-30 days, but all are from the 2012-2014 timeframe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

How far out from the start of the month does mypay post retiree pay statements?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Has anyone used VocRehab for an expensive program, where you had to pretty routinely buy expensive things? How did they take it? How much of a pain was it to get reimbursed?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

loving app double posted.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Delizin posted:

I just started Voc Rehab this summer for an associates degree in Gunsmithing. I don't start class until next month, but I've already started ordering tools, equipment and a laptop for it through Voc Rehab. It really couldn't be much easier purchasing stuff. When I find something that I am interested in, I email my voc rehab guy a link to it online. If it is over $500 then I need to send something from the school stating that it is required. The next day or so I'll get an email back from him either telling me that he ordered it for me if he can get the exact item from GSA or telling me to go ahead and purchase it and they'll reimburse.

When they reimburse it takes a few weeks for the check to come in the mail from the Treasury Dept, however it doesn't seem like they are on a monthly schedule like regular VA payments. The regional office in Colorado does not allow reimbursements to be sent via direct deposit for some reason, but your results may vary. To maximize my benefit from reimbursements I put all the charges on my credit card with cash back rewards and pay it off when the check arrives (or before the due date so there is no interest charge if the check doesn't get there before).

When I show up at the school they have a lot of the tools and supplies required for the program available at the school bookstore. They have already told me they opened up an account for me there and I can just walk in and get everything I need without ever seeing a bill.

I just got accepted into vocrehab for the same thing, but am getting ready to start my second semester, and wasn't sure how it would work.

E- check pms

bulletsponge13 fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jul 20, 2017

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

This school puts all the socially retarded gunsmith students in a dorm together. It's not as retarded as the barracks, but over half the dude's in the program are loving spergy as gently caress.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Being older in college is like playing easy mode in regards to getting laid. It's so loving easy, it's funny.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

It is also waiverable. There have been people to get a BA with GI Bill, then used VocRehab to get Masters, because they couldn't find a job in the field with just a BA.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm sure this has been asked, but had anyone here goes a lawyer for VA claims? I've gotten hosed over by the VA again not long ago, and I feel like my vso doesn't really care anymore. I know I will lose back pay, but I wonder if it's worth it.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Ebenefits never loving works.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My mortgage company called and said that i qual for a VA home loan rate reduction.
Any insight on this? Said it's only for VA underwritten loans, and that it's offered after X amount of on time payments.
It doesn't scream scam the way poo poo normally does, so I figured I'd ask here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Godholio posted:

Are you sure it was actually your mortgage company?

Yep, confirmed independently.

I mean, I get poo poo from people all the time, amd typically trash/hang up. The fact that this dude is from my company makes me somehow less suspicious, but more wary? Don't know if that makes sense.

Has anyone used the IRRRL program? What should I expect?

bulletsponge13 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 5, 2019