Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I left the army in 2011. No disability rating, but I have a Purple Heart which someone told me once meant I got medical care, maybe. Anyway I’m at an urgent care in the VA network right now and I’m wondering if the VA is going to send me a heinous bill because I gave them my Va Id for insurance

Time fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Sarah posted:

With the Mission Act, you do not need to notify them you are going to urgent care, but you must first be enrolled into VA healthcare. A VA ID does not mean that you are enrolled into VA healthcare. If you're not enrolled into VA healthcare, then it's extremely likely you are going to be billed, as you are not a VA patient.

I ended up paying the bill in cash because the guy told me it was 200 if I did that or either $0 or $2500, based on whether or not I was enrolled in VA healthcare.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I got out and paid for community college out of pocket for two years so that I could transfer and then still have the benefits needed for a grad program to be free. Service to School helped me with both transfer and grad apps and I greatly overachieved for both and it honestly put me into a different life. Highly recommend

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I need to get rated, I guess. It’s been years since I got out but I had things documented and also medal citations that describe wounds