Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
Can I see a psychiatrist outside the VA for an evaluation/second opinion regarding diagnosis/medication?

Recently got a new psychiatrist. When he looked at my medication history, he was baffled - even disturbed - by what my old psychiatrist had me on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Mr. Nice! posted:

On the VA's dollar, I dunno. Did you ever deploy anywhere you received hazardous duty pay? If so, you're a "combat veteran" even if you never saw combat. I am a combat veteran, and the most I did is circles in the Northern Arabian Gulf near Iraqi oil wells, and I'm a combat veteran according to the VA. If you are a CV, you have free access to the Vet Center. It has mental health professionals that can provide you that second opinion.

yeah, couple dpeloyments cib, campaign ribbons etc etc

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Mr. Nice! posted:

So google your city vet center and give them a call. My local one can get people in same day a lot of times.

thanks, doing that right now. looking at the staff at my local center, i don't see any MDs, just "counselors".

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Mr. Nice! posted:

Even if they can't write a script, they can concur or disagree with what your new VA psychiatrist is saying, plus they have access to VA records and can communicate with them.

not looking for meds.

specifically think there may have been some mismanagement with what they have given me in the past, and with current diagnosis

definitely going to check them out and see if they can do a psych assessment and whether their results jive with my current one

thanks

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
Is Veteran Evaluation Services legit, or a streamlined way to deny claims? VA always did my evaluations in the past. Don't trust this out-sourcing stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
is sarcoidosis linked to burn pit exposure?