Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

The Colonel posted:

my oldest brother showed me Escaflowne.

A good brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Watching E.Y.E.s of Mars on Sci-Fi channel and being scared out my mind for some reason. Who were all these people? Why were they getting murdered? Oh God the spaceship blew up! Weren't there like a thousand people on there? I was like five or six.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

All those dank shows on old school toonami

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
I don't think I ever saw anime broadcast on TV in the UK about 15 years ago, but my older brother had some on tape so I watched Project A-ko, Tank Police, Appleseed,Akira and ghilbi films on repeat.

I stopped watching it until a few years ago when I somehow heard of Pani Poni Dash. It's been downhill since then.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
Sailor Moon on Toonami when I was 12. Older (at the time) women wearing reallly short skirts and fighting bad guys. :supaburn::circlefap:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

Congratulations on winning Normie Post of the Year.

ok

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
They're just negging you eonwe. They don't know how to show affection otherwise.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
did i just get redpilled

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
The localized term is 'tsundere'

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
am I the baka in this situation

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

No I believe you would be the "Uke" in this case.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

where is this thread going? :ohdear:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The gas chamber

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

go kill yourself pavlov

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Davincie posted:

go kill yourself pavlov

wow thats hurtful

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The gas chamber

that's a fantastic av you have there

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I respect your opinion Davi and will take that into consideration. XOXO Peace and Love.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Also I was thinking, who else watch DBZ as a kid and never knew what the gently caress was going on because they never showed Dragonball?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Eonwe posted:

wow thats hurtful

he's a worthless bitch with a bad avatar who comes here thinking to troll but all he accomplishes is making gbs tier jokes and attacking shows no one cares about

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im friends with everyone here

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

S...stupid! It's not like I even need friends or anything! :blush:

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Jostiband posted:

S...stupid! It's not like I even need friends or anything! :blush:

Hey I played Juice with you last night! I think. No, you played the second round and I spectated.

Anyway hi it's tackles

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Heya friend!
Now that my steam client somehow fixed itself I hope we can juice again some time, especially since you got hella robbed out of the first game win you deserved.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Jostiband posted:

Heya friend!
Now that my steam client somehow fixed itself I hope we can juice again some time, especially since you got hella robbed out of the first game win you deserved.

OMG right? I would have double accelerated and turbodunked kakashi but I didn't know I could fight and then stop at my home after, or vice-versa. :argh: I felt SO cheated

grr goons hat goons

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davincie posted:

he's a worthless bitch with a bad avatar who comes here thinking to troll but all he accomplishes is making gbs tier jokes and attacking shows no one cares about

The mod banning Dick and Prat but not killing that piece of poo poo makes him a zorak level fucktard.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pavlov is good, actually

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Pavlov posted:

The localized term is 'tsundere'

i think you're tsundere, in fact

tsundere for anime

Eonwe posted:

Pavlov is good, actually

he's poo poo tier, just like the tsunderes he imitates

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
This thread will now return to being about your first anime instead of posters posting about posters.

Also, Pavlov, consider posting either better or less in the threads you decide to stumble into like a drifter out of the desert.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

~my first anime~

ghost in the shell
witch hunter robin
cardcaptor sakura
rurouni kenshin
cowboy bebop
outlaw star
gundam wing (and 08th MSTEAM)
sailor moon
.hack//SIGN
blue sub 6
hamtaro, bitches~
yu yu hakusho
and of course, pokemon

Tactical Lesbian fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 12, 2015

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I aspire to some day live up to your expectations Seafood.

Also Tactical that is a lot of animes to have simultaneously as your first anime. A child's brain can only handle so much at once.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Pavlov posted:

I aspire to some day live up to your expectations Seafood.

Also Tactical that is a lot of animes to have simultaneously as your first anime. A child's brain can only handle so much at once.

I watched Toonami religiously

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Pretty sure it was Macross/Robotech.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 12, 2015

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Pretty sure it was Macross/Robotech.

wow those are some baller gifs

might even watch this show now

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Hello! :)

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

hello friend

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I wish toonami had been invented when I was young cause there's some p. cool shows in that list.
Don't think I'd manage to watch them all at the same time though...

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

One Piece dub on a cartoon channel as a kid.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Watching the Ghost In The Shell movies, Devil Lady, and Inuyasha with my dad.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Les Chevaliers du Zodiaque (or Saint Seiya) of course!

I was a bit young to understand everything but I loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
First time I remember seeing anime and thinking what the hell is this was when Sailor moon was on Saturday morning in the mid 90s.

What really turned me into an anime fan though was Midnight run watching DBZ and GUNDAM WING UNCUT! Back then in middle school I could not believe how awesome and "deep" Gundam Wing was. Getting into Gundam lead me to searching for more online and that lead me to tons of other anime as well as ordering Gunpla.

Anime is also what got me big into online message boards. Anyone from Anime nation forms from back in the day?

• Locked thread