Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Are there lightgun peripherals for PC? Because holy poo poo, I want to play Blue Estate properly after seeing it in motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Night10194 posted:

Are there lightgun peripherals for PC? Because holy poo poo, I want to play Blue Estate properly after seeing it in motion.

http://www.ultimarc.com/store/section.php?xSec=7&xPage=1

First google result brings this up. 100$ gets you a light gun + sensor bar. I wouldn't be surprised if I could jury rig my PSEye + light gun/other to get it to work. The PS Move seemed to be okay using my computer monitor in that config, I just haven't experimented yet.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
:allears: Man, I love these threads.

Since I was in the last Casual LP Thread, but didn't actually finish my LP, I'm trying to be better this time. My guilt forces me to do another LP for this thread!

:siren: Let's Mangle the English Language in Megaman X 2: Part 01 :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV9d552XrbU

Yes, even though I'm pretty bad at speaking English, I'm back to torture your ears again! :shepface:

Have fun.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 16, 2015

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
It's time for part 2!

Some cover-art.

Let's Mangle the English Language in Mega Man X 2.

MMX2 Part 01

:siren:NEW:siren:

MMX2 Part 02

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Today I made the biggest mistake of my life. Look forward to it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

CJacobs posted:

Cheer up CJacobs! What could paws-ibly go wrong?

HAW HAW HAW HAW!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
With friends like these, right?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I mean, did you really think that I would pass that up, especially knowing that I had 20bux lying around on my Steam account?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I did this for the art thread but I think you might enjoy it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foc1AgfKDh0

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

CJacobs posted:

Bubsy was great! One of the most fur-ocious feline protagonists to ever grace a digital screen. He is truly a hero of our time, up there with the likes of Croc and Dash Rendar.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
More like a bridge too short !!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
we did our recording and

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Bubsy is good!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Artix posted:

I mean, did you really think that I would pass that up, especially knowing that I had 20bux lying around on my Steam account?

My heart dropped when you said 20. Thought it cost 20. I was glad to see it wasn't.

But I was sad that I didn't see Cjacobs get to enjoy it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

FeyerbrandX posted:

Oh, but you will.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FeyerbrandX posted:

My heart dropped when you said 20. Thought it cost 20. I was glad to see it wasn't.

Oh don't worry, the first vid will be up probably tomorrow? after i spend some time to recover

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

FeyerbrandX posted:

Oh no, it only costs $4. Which means we have four lucky contestants that haven't gotten their Bubsy's yet. :getin:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm going to have to get some Blue Estate copies to counter-act this crime against humanity...

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Artix posted:

Oh no, it only costs $4. Which means we have four lucky contestants that haven't gotten their Bubsy's yet. :getin:

Oh, don't mind me then. I inflicted it on myself :suicide:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
WHAT COULD PAWSIBBLY GO WRONG

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
This thread is in a fur-enzy.

Artix posted:

oooo, oooo, me, me! Bubsy apologist, right here!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
WHATEVER BLOWS YER HAIR BACK

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blind Sally posted:

oooo, oooo, me, me! Bubsy apologist, right here!

Bubsy is a purr-fect series

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
CJacobs, don't forget to watch the Bubsy TV show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmNdbdSCuC4

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I think I played Bubsy II and enjoyed it when I was like 10? The other Bubsys don't look right. I haven't looked at it since.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Why are you nerds spending $4 for snes9x and a rom on steam? Cause that's seriously all that is.

VVVVVV
Yeah, but people buy Bad Rats for .35; that's a reasonable joke price for me.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 18, 2015

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Niggurath posted:

Why are you nerds spending $4 for snes9x and a rom on steam? Cause that's seriously all that is.

I beg your pardon, it's $4 for SNES9x, a ROM, and the pleasure of inflicting that ROM on someone else.

Same reason why Bad Rats gets gifted to people all the time. It's like giving your straitlaced friend a giant rainbow dildo -- if they have fun with it, great, but that's not why you're giving it to them.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Blind Sally posted:

CJacobs, don't forget to watch the Bubsy TV show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmNdbdSCuC4

And then we did. I wish we'd recorded that part of the call. It would make a great psychological experiment: seven people slowly going insane over the course of a single 24 minute cartoon episode. Eight if we want to count SC, who was there by proxy.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Niggurath posted:

because legal roms

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

if you had come to me ten years ago and told me i could legally go on the internet and buy a bubsy rom for $4 i'd think you're scamming me

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Great Joe posted:

if you had come to me ten years ago and told me i could legally go on the internet and buy a bubsy rom for $4 i'd think you're scamming me

This statement still holds true today, hth

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

no, but see Steam has fully legal roms

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Great Joe posted:

no, but see Steam has fully legal roms
While the rom itself is legal, I don't think they have the rights to use snes9x though you have to dig around a bit in the exe to find that's the emulator they're using. It's kind of the similar debacle that came up recently with the Neo Geo Humble Bundle.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

At least the Neo Geo guys bought that emulator. The Bubsy people habe a dubious claim for the SNES9x distribution.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

ChaosArgate posted:

At least the Neo Geo guys bought that emulator. The Bubsy people habe a dubious claim for the SNES9x distribution.

distribution license? what for?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Acne Rain posted:

distribution license? what for?
For the emulator; but it appears that Retroism did get permission for the most part to use the emulator for commercial use though apparently they had to take some stuff out in a recent update: https://pikointeractive.com/blog/emulator-issue-update-1-0/

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V6j-rwKcsc

And so it begins, god help our poor souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Bubsy is what would happen if Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima both simultaneously had massive debilitating strokes whilst creating Sonic the Hedgehog, and Sega decided to publish the quivering, foul-smelling biomass they produced in the process anyway, because gently caress it, we're goin' bankrupt no matter how you slice it.