Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

The premiere of purple drink Trevor Belmont.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Previously, Larice was hacked by Greyface, and Alin and his team were forced to fight him as Giegue leaves with the Apple they just retrieved.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

OC time. She's okay for a character who could be easily replaced by someone from Zelda I'd actually want.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Having crashed on Earth, Alin, the Colonel, and Zarbol set out to find the final Apple piece and came across another Point of Power. This time we get back on track... mostly.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Dracula's not coming back from this one let me tell you what!!!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

Lana's okay, but Linkle's the best.

These parts are so quick and easy to do, I'm bumping them up to twice a week.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Having received their mission, Alin and the team head out to retrieve the Apple piece in Cloudvale, but what exactly is waiting for them when they return?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ThornBrain posted:

Hyrule Warriors

Lana's okay, but Linkle's the best.

These parts are so quick and easy to do, I'm bumping them up to twice a week.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
That seemingly useless jump-kick attack (BBBY) is much more impressive if you use it on a boss or captain.

NigelThornberry
May 16, 2019

Some games are just asking to be poked fun of.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

For a second there, I forgot this was a Team Ninja game.

Also this level was rough and taught me to hate Manhandla.

Thursday's part is from the second stream, at which point I recorded the audio correctly, so it will sound far better from thereon.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

So here's the episode with that light dose of suffering I mentioned, as my lack of leveling and a particularly nasty boss ability finally catches up to me.
Anyone who has played Earthbound already knows what's going on and where Alin and his friends are, or more importantly, when. Just skip to 28:40 after the first boss fight, really, it's for your own sanity, [spoilers]gently caress Diamond Dog, the actual victorious fight is at 44:26.[/spoilers]

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

AKA Kid Dracula NES, recently released for real in the Castlevania Collection that just game out.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

The Hyrule Warriors LP inspired me to pick it up for myself. I'm having a great time with it so far, a few missions past the last episode.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Jade Rider posted:

The Hyrule Warriors LP inspired me to pick it up for myself. I'm having a great time with it so far, a few missions past the last episode.
Even though I'm personally a bigger fan of Fire Emblem Warriors, it's definitely one of the better Warriors games. Probably in the #2 spot for me.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

Stream 2 begins with proper audio editing, Brother!

Jade Rider posted:

Glad to hear. Fair warning: Adventure Mode is a real kick in the pants, but the Great Sea map is relatively easy, even before you get the hammer. Despite what I say in today's part, you can do the other Adventure maps whenever; they just recommend you get the hammer, since it's a weakness of the Wind Waker enemies.

Whammiewazzle
Apr 29, 2016

If you like Hyrule or Fire Emblem Warriors then I highly recommend Pirate Warriors 3. It's the same basic gameplay, but One Piece. It even has touches like Sanji being completely unable to harm female characters or Luffy being immune to Hancocks petrification. Just be aware that the game doesn't explain some character specific mechanics outside of the tutorial menu for those characters.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

The crew is back in the present, but rather than immediately set off for Saturn it's time for a serious case of endgame sidequesting.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ThornBrain posted:

Hyrule Warriors

Stream 2 begins with proper audio editing, Brother!

Glad to hear. Fair warning: Adventure Mode is a real kick in the pants, but the Great Sea map is relatively easy, even before you get the hammer. Despite what I say in today's part, you can do the other Adventure maps whenever; they just recommend you get the hammer, since it's a weakness of the Wind Waker enemies.
Fun fact: In the original Wii U version, that nameless fairy in the cutscene before the Death Mountain level was named Navi. I think that was a change made by the US localizers, though, and the European and Japanese versions were the same as Definitive.

Impa, that's very rude.

Commander Keene fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 29, 2019

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

Zelda's mean to her troops. :(

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Newly empowered with the best lifeup PSI it's time to put it to work scouring the rest of the Solar System.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ThornBrain posted:

Hyrule Warriors

Zelda's mean to her troops. :(
Re: Sheik's elemental attacks:
Personally, I think Water is the best element, followed by Fire and Shadow. The Lightning one is fun (and great in "all attacks are devastating" Adventure Mode stages, though Water is still king even there), but it can make it more difficult to combo, and frequently ends up juggling corpses, which prevents new enemies from spawning in.

Water, on the other hand, just straight-up makes Sheik invulnerable for a certain number of attacks. She takes no damage. This is a lifesaver in Adventure Mode stages where you can only survive two hits period, and useful in other modes because Sheik doesn't even enter hitstun with the water barrier on. And it's the only one of Sheik's Strong Attacks without a defined duration; it lasts until it's taken enough hits to break. In the Wii U version, I'm pretty sure it even prevented status effects, like the stun on Gibdos/ReDead Knights. Fire and Shadow can be placed to help shred boss weak point gauges, and Shadow's area of effect helps clear keeps.

Yoshi jokes about the Training Dojo, but it's definitely one of the best additions to the Warriors series since they changed it from a fighting game.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Lightning juggling corpses can be a minor problem, but with Lightning+, you can catch a larger enemy in the effect and absolutely shred them, because all of your attacks do extra damage while they're still in the air.

And yes, the Water barrier negates Gibdo/Redead stun completely, just like being in Focus Mode. I put in on first thing in any mission where I'm playing as Sheik. If only it would stay up when you switch characters.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

Linkle kicks some rear end in the Water Temple after Zelda and Impa leave. Way to bugger off before the job's done, girls.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Now suitably prepared the gang head over to Neptune to explore.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Peak patriotism for (Kid) Dracula.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Let's Play "Sengoku Basara 2: Heroes"

Sengoku Basara Heroes is a spin-off in Capcom's long-running musou franchise. This particular entry reintroduces the “priming” mechanic, which was previously only seen in Devil Kings. There's also a lot of comic book flair and over-the-top style in the user interface. I find myself coming back to this one every once in a while, just because it's the most straightforward of the series. You go from point A to B and thrash everything in your way. We'll be playing through Kojuro's story mode. It lasts five stages, if memory serves, so it isn't too long, but you'll get a good taste of what the game is about.

Videos

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Final

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jul 12, 2019

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

I'd like to meet the person who wanted Agitha, he lied.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Thanks to the heat shield and Alin's brand new Freeze Ω we can tackle Venus with confidence.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

GamesAreSupernice posted:

One spear is good for one stabby, two spears is good for two stabbies.
The Lloyd Irving school of thought in a nutshell.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Commander Keene posted:

The Lloyd Irving school of thought in a nutshell.

If I remember anything about Tales of Symphonia, it's that flailing around with Lloyd's swords before spamming Sonic Sword Rain is all you need in life. That's basically what Yukimura does too.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Part Four

"Rage Caveman" is probably the best thing I've ever said, and I'm sorry it's downhill from here.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Castlevania 2 GB is good. Real Castlevania game to come soon.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

Midna on a boomerang dog is better than I could have hoped for.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

With Giegue's blue Starman factory out of commission it's time for a relaxing jaunt through Jupiter.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Final

It isn't as intense as the thumbnail

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Pretty much all I remember about Sengoku Basara from the PSP game I played years ago (might also have been in Japanese) is that Date has a super mode where he wields like 8 or 10 swords and Tadakatsu Honda is a mech of some sort.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Commander Keene posted:

Pretty much all I remember about Sengoku Basara from the PSP game I played years ago (might also have been in Japanese) is that Date has a super mode where he wields like 8 or 10 swords and Tadakatsu Honda is a mech of some sort.

The PSP games have a lot of similarities to Gundam Versus, oddly enough!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

At least there's Ghirahim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

At last, it's time to return to Giegue's Mothership. We just dropped in and pilfered a map last time, but now we're ready for what awaits. If there's only one sidequest-athon video you watch, it should probably be this one.
Also, I should mention that I, somehow, lost the actual recording file for this episode, so what's actually going up is the edited VoD. Hopefully, it won't be that big a difference in quality. Apologies for that, the rest of the LP is already fully recorded and edited so that won't be happening again, knock on wood.