Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.

Dropsy is a game about a clown who wants to hug the whole world. I'll be playing it blind.

I've wanted to play Dropsy for a while now but I was always afraid it would turn out that I didn't like it. Fortunately these fears were unfounded -- this game is very charmingly grotesque and (most of the time) relaxing and it's expressive enough to get past most of the hurdles of games that don't use text. It's well worth a look.

Full Playlist

01. Hugs 1-10
02. Hugs 11-22
03. Hugs 23-33
04. Komm, süsser Dropsy (Hugs 34-52)

Level 1 Thief fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

02. Hugs 11-22 (Playlist)

Dropsy has some troubles at home, but he's not about to let that stop his mission.

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

03. Hugs 23-33 (Playlist)

Dropsy sells out.

Level 1 Thief fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 10, 2019

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

04. Komm, süsser Dropsy (Hugs 34-52) (Playlist)

He came, he saw, he hugged. All's well that ends well.

Overall, I had a pretty good time with Dropsy! It definitely had a few uneven parts (particularly some of the mouse mechanics) but for the most part the puzzles were pretty logical and I was never stuck for too long. The artwork strikes a great balance between grotesque and charming and I really enjoyed just hanging out in the world, meeting weird people and figuring out how to make their day a little better. Not a big fan of the abrupt tone shift in the ending -- everything that happened was foreshadowed, sure, but I just didn't feel like Dropsy really needed a big showdown with an antagonist. Still, that's only a small part of a very enjoyable adventure game.