Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Axe Master posted:

Next Saturday I'll be playing through Toejam and Earl 2, because I'm on a mission to ruin my childhood memories. And when that game is ruined before my eyes, I'll chop it up and drop it here!

The only memories I have of that game are positive. When I was of game renting age I remember I vastly prefered the second to the first. Imagine my surprise when I found any discussion about that franchise on the Internet.

Godspeed friend. I am not brave enough to reconcile those happy memories with the harsh reality that I was 8 years old when I played those games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hell yeah dude. PCbangs are dope as hell.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I am here to post my lettus play of a videogame I have recorded myself playing.

I present Factorio: My Digital Bonzai Tree

Factorio is a game where you play a space man who is on a space planet with the zerg. You use your first 8 steel plates to create a pick ax to fight your true enemy: THE TREES. From there you create a small factory of inputs and outputs in order to build things with even more iron plates. Eventually you launch a rocket to unlock the last research: A +1% productivity bonus to mining equipment.

Come and share with me this chill lettus play experience and this bizarre videogame. This little factory will be my tree. Click Image for playlist.

Episode 1 - The Begining
Episode 2 - The Beginning Part 2
Episode 3 - He Knows how to add plates now!
Episode 4 - It starts with a power outage.
Episode 5 - Finally got that kiwi Koolaid!
Episode 6 - Enter the 44 chambers of the Shaolin FORGE

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 2, 2017

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Another one!

Ep 4 - Lightning speed ramping of iron gear wheels!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My journey into the internet is still ongoing. I'm so proud of dusting off a 10 year old version of GIMP to bust out an alterable youtube image plate template:

Episode 5: Things that happen on any other youtuber's episode 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKJZP1N9FJA

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hell yeah, that's the spirit! Got another one, starting to get the umms and uhhhhs together. Wanna chop em up, throw them into an autotune, and make a hot beat.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
In the face of meta posting and genuine critique I must :justpost:

Factorio Episode 7 - Futureproofing: The only problems you have are problems created by your past self

Usually I shove my youtube link in to a [url= tag. I get the thing about blind link. Putting the name of the videogame somewhere visible in the promotion medium is a good additional thing to put on the check list of making a lettus play. Good to know.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
:justpost:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

KirbyKhan posted:

I am here to post my lettus play of a videogame I have recorded myself playing.

I present Factorio: My Digital Bonzai Tree

Factorio is a game where you play a space man who is on a space planet with the zerg. You use your first 8 steel plates to create a pick ax to fight your true enemy: THE TREES. From there you create a small factory of inputs and outputs in order to build things with even more iron plates. Eventually you launch a rocket to unlock the last research: A +1% productivity bonus to mining equipment.

Come and share with me this chill lettus play experience and this bizarre videogame. This little factory will be my tree. Click Image for playlist.

Episode 1 - The Begining
Episode 2 - The Beginning Part 2
Episode 3 - He Knows how to add plates now!
Episode 4 - It starts with a power outage.
Episode 5 - Finally got that kiwi Koolaid!
Episode 7 - Futureproofing: The only problems you have are problems created by your past self
Episode 8 - Found Footage Lettus Plays
Epilog - Listen to a man talk about mods for 40 minutes.

While recording my last play session I stumbled into a time machine that launched me 9 months into the future. While I was waiting for the last video to upload I caught up on the missing time by reading D&D and GiP, turns out I didn't miss much. Then my steam updated and the save don't work no more. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I may break this out into it's own thread. But, today I have crafted more videos of me saying words into a microphone while a muted version of Tuplex's factorio videos is spliced in.

I have downloaded a suite of mods based heavily off of Nilaus's, noted Danish Dad, modpack. The basic theme is an Angels Bob's mods expansion pack with an assortment of quality of life additions. If you have played the game yourself, this should look and feel like you have entered an alternate dimension where a Bob Villa explains how to make an ottoman in a way that requires constant maintenance. If you have never played factorio, this lettus play will attempt to communicate the spirit of a cudgeled-together machine before it devles the mechanics or structure of what it is doing. Fundamentally, I am trying to explain myself.

So join me, as I replant and prune My Digital Bonzai Tree.

Episode 01 - The Beginning: End of the Trillogy
Episode 02 - First Machine Breaks