Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I paid 40 bucks for this poo poo: Project Cross Zone (SSLP)

Prologue 1

Tae fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fists of Furious Talking

Prologue 2

Tae fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 10, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dunno who they are. If others want to point them out, feel free cause the game already assumes people have played Namco vs. Capcom, Endless Frontier, Endless Frontier 2, and memorized each super niche cast's villains to fully "get" their point in the plot.

And yet somehow it sold well enough to get a sequel.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Sword that Cleave(ages) Evil!

Prologue 3

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

Someone fix this lady's botched boob job. Also, does this game really need 3 prologues?

There's 5 prologues.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Prologue 4: Jackpot! Characters from Who-The-gently caress-Knows

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

That's.... Certainly a mashup of characters :psyduck:

At least the X in the title is appropriate for 'cross ALL the things.'

Wait til next update. It is both more cohesive yet even more random. Bruce Willis is involved.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I've Covered Chinese Zombie Wars With Bruce Willis

Prologue 5

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Heihachi took a drug that restored his youth. I assume he was Old in namco vs. capcom with the way they talk to him.

Once again, good job continuing a story line with direct references to a game never released in the US.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tame...?

Chapter 1

Boy, this is like...not crazy. Weird.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Y'know, this applies to the other updates as well, but those combat sequences are basically impossible to follow visually. Just a mess of sprites flying all over the place and numbers popping out. Is there anything in particular to do gameplay-wise, do you just button-mash or what?

I mentioned it in an earlier update, but it's basically memorizing juggle points. The attacks are fancy, but they all end with a wall bounce to the left so it's less chaotic than you think. When it's a huge mess, it's actually when you just mash because the Cross keeps the enemy in place so your juggle points don't matter for that moment.

That's the bad thing about the game. There's literally no depth after that beyond using skills to heal/increase damage for a 40-something chapter game. It's not like positioning matters.

edit I should clarify that an attack is literally just A+direction (or neutral). You're not pressing anything beyond that. It's not like I'm inputting fighting game moves to make those animations happen.

Tae fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Combat Lobster and I try to go through the spin-off of spin-offs of Fabulis Crystalisysis.

Type -1