Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Welcome to the Casual Let's Play thread, formerly the 2007 LP thread! Relax, chill out, and enjoy some low-effort but high-quality LP's by your friends and mine.

This thread is for people who don't want to go the extra mile to spit-shine their LP to perfection, or get caught up in editing for hours on end. If you want to post your LP just to entertain people and aren't concerned with being informative, drop it here! Did you record a whole game live or do a live stream that you think is worth saving for posterity? Chop it up into chunks and post it here! Basically: If you don't want to make a thread for your LP, this is the thread for you.

:justpost: :justpost: :justpost:

If you're asking, the answer is yes. The subforum's usual standards of quality are significantly loosened here, so if you're nervous about it or are unsure, just go for it. What do you have to lose, anyway?

There's only really one rule: Please don't debate the ethics/social effects/etc of having a casual LP thread here. If you must, do that in the Sandcastle, where LP subforum-related discussion is usually had. Also don't bother calling somebody out on what is/isn't a casual LP, nobody cares. If someone makes a bad LP then it'll be ignored and they'll stop posting. But it's hard to make a bad LP anyway so don't worry about it.

Other than that, good luck and have fun! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

This is a small sampling of what can be found in this thread, in case you want a quick series to watch or want an idea of what a casual LP looks like. Entries to this list are not added automatically; I reckon at some point there will be far too much for me to keep track of on a by-post basis. Therefore, if you would like to be on this list please send me a PM or email me at cjacobssa(at)gmail.com and I will track your LP and add it here as it unfolds.

by CJacobs (that's me!)
Episode 1 - It's Shoveling Time!
Episode 2 - For Shovelry!
Episode 3 - Justice in Spades!
Episode 4 - Let's Get Digging!
Episode 5 - Shovels Aweigh!
Episode 6 - I Can Dig It!
Episode 7 - I'll Be Your Shield!

by Blind Sally, guest starring nine-gear crow, Artix, Poorlywrittennovel, CJacobs, ChaosArgate, and Cirvante
Chapter 1, 2002 - The Only Winning Move Is Not To Coldplay
Chapter 2, 2003 - I'd Go To The Party With You But There's Snow Patrol In My Car
Chapter 3, 2004 - Don't Wanna Be A Corellian Idiot
Chapter 4, 2005 - Dash Rendar's Time Is Running Out
Chapter 5, 2006 - Dash Rendar Will Never Die But You Will.

by Blind Sally
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter Remastered - 1 - Hub Ruins
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter Remastered - 2 - The Jungle (with ACES CURE PLANES)
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter Remastered - 3 - The Ancient City (with Artix)
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter Remastered - 4 - The Ruins (with nine-gear crow)
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter Remastered - 5 - The Catacomb (with nine-gear crow)

by nine-gear crow
MISSION 1 - Janus | Commentary | No Commentary
MISSION 2 - Hyperion | Commentary | No Commentary
MISSION 3 - Tethys | Commentary | No Commentary

by Blind Sally, guest starring CJacobs
EXTREME UPDATE 1 - PLANET SCORCH 7 & FERRO LUPUS: COMMENTARY / NO COMMENTARY
EXTREME UPDATE 2 - PLANET ATLANTIS POINT & RAE GROOSHA: COMMENTARY / NO COMMENTARY
EXTREME UPDATE 3 - PLANET BASTION & IGOR RANCID: COMMENTARY / NO COMMENTARY

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night by Wayne
Playlist (Parts 1-26 + Bonus Episodes)

in New Game ++, by NGDBSS
Playlist

by Angrymog
Episode 1 - Tutorial and Firelink Shrine
Episode 2 - High Wall of Lothric, Part 1
Episode 3 - High Wall of Lothric, Part 2

by mikeycp
Playlist
Episode 1 - The Stranger
Episode 2 - Groundwork
Episode 2.5 - Channelwood Lore
Episode 3 - Ewok Village
Episode 3.5 - Stoneship Lore
Episode 4 - Rough Waters
Episode 5 - Lost at Sea
Episode 6 - Maestro
Episode 6.5 - Selenitic Lore
Episode 7 - Rocket Man
Episode 8 - Rollercoaster
Episode 9 - Get in Gear
Episode 9.5 - My Personal Hell
Episode 9.75 - Mechanical Lore
Episode 10 - Goose Chase
Episode 11 - A Bit Late
Episode 12 - The End Begins
Episode 13 - Garbage Puzzle
Episode 14 - The Ends

by Wayne
Playlist

by Lizard Wizard
Part 1 - Sword and Fruit

by Spikeguy
Playlist

by Spikeguy
Playlist

by Spikeguy
Playlist

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 9, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I'll start things off with the first episode of Shovel Knight! Today our hero begins his adventure and sets out for the Tower of Fate to defeat the Enchantress and save his beloved, Shield Knight.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Tae I am enjoying this but you may wanna slow down a bit because screenshot LP posts get super tall when there's a bunch in a row. :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm violently ill! Here's an episode of Shovel Knight!

On this episode, Shovel Knight liberates Pridemoor Keep and the Lich Yard, defeating King Knight and Specter Knight, a dastardly duo that stand in the way of his path to the tower.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Spudd posted:

But will you actually finish an LP of Shovel Knight because so far everyone just seems to give up pretty early on.

Yes!

Today, Shovel Knight takes on the incredibly wealthy diver-pirate Treasure Knight, then prepares for his journey further into the second third of the Order of No Quarter's territory. Along the way, he meets a Kickstarter-based threat that will surely test his mettle.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

anilEhilated posted:

I know Reize (and his boomerang) shows up in Valdis Story, anything else that guy forced himself into?

Valdis Story and Shovel Knight are the only two so far, but his... ahem, dedication to the character is perhaps a bit out of the ordinary. Also he's kind of a jerk.

We will meet all 4 of the kickstarter backer boss fights before the end of the LP. There's actually one more director for a day tier backer, but he designed an enemy type instead of a boss fight.

Carbon dioxide posted:

:eng101: Actually, water really isn't that good at letting light true. In the sea, it's already pitch black like 50 or 100 meters down. Doesn't have much to do with density.

At the bottom of the ocean, the water is very dense. The density plus some weird chemical tricks makes it so that there's actually puddles of liquid CO2 sitting there. And there's also a whole bunch of methane ice. Both are greenhouse gases and there's a lot of it - if those escape and bubble up, we'd have a bit of a problem.

:gonk: Oh god not the fartwater

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 12, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Major_JF posted:

You could have made things a little easier on yourself by using that treasure collection chalice you got.

If you have an empty chalice do you get free refills?

If you go all the way back to the troupple king I believe you do, and fishing rod refills are always free, which is nice.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Deep, deep underground lies the den of the appropriately-named Mole Knight and his army of magic fireballs and instant death lava. Will Shovel Knight be able to take the heat?? (yes. yes he can. i mean how else would he fight plague knight afterward?)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In this episode, Shovel Knight takes to the skies to bring down the pompous airhead, Propeller Knight, in one of the hardest stages of the whole game!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Today Shovel Knight deals with Tinker Knight and his old friend Polar Knight, the only two members of the Order of No Quarter left to stand in his way of the tower. Then, he begins his ascent.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

At the top of the tower, Shovel Knight confronts the Enchantress and saves the world. For shovel and shield!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well alright, maybe they didn't conform to it all that well, but they mimic-ed it well enough which I think is cool in its own way. Good effort post Hyper Crab Tank!

And, I dunno if I'm doing the DLC. I might, because it's fun! But I also might not because it could lead to frustration because it's pretty hard. I am definitely thinking about it though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Shovel Knight's visual style is probably best described as, "NES aesthetic without the physical limitations".

edit: Also, I decided I'm not going to do the plague knight expansion. I really don't like the gameplay so I don't think it'd make for very good videos even though the writing is still top notch.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 21, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wanamingo posted:

Is this video stuttering really badly for anybody else?

e: checked it on my phone, it's stuttering really badly

I'm getting the stuttering too, yeah. Hopefully the problem is just with the encoding and not the source video. D:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was

so drunk

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ah-ha. That's why I was confused when you said in the other thread that it was a subtitled VLP after I said it was commentary-less. Because, due to a comedy of errors, it IS commentary-less! :haw:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

To be honest, I have no clue. :blush:

I really hope its a second Tony so you can hear them constantly moan and bitch.

I watched a video of it and, yep, it just duplicates Tony entirely. You get one copy of the story voice lines but twice as much "C'moooon where did I put my bullets dammit!"

Man, this game looks like fun, I can't wait for the christmas sale so I can buy it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hell, I'd be down for that, when I get the game I'll let you know.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Today I made the biggest mistake of my life. Look forward to it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
we did our recording and

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FeyerbrandX posted:

My heart dropped when you said 20. Thought it cost 20. I was glad to see it wasn't.

But I was sad that I didn't see Cjacobs get to enjoy it.

Oh don't worry, the first vid will be up probably tomorrow? after i spend some time to recover

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V6j-rwKcsc

And so it begins, god help our poor souls.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Blue Estate is a fiver again thanks to the sale, and I bought it! It's just as much fun as it looks in the videos. Thanks Jobbo_Fett for showing me that it exists. :)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I haven't played the last two missions, so if anyone wants to go at them blind together let me know and I'll see if we can get that done this weekend.

Dude, heck yeah. If nobody else has offered so far, I'll PM you my steam deets. :getin:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lizard Wizard posted:

So, uh, is there gonna be more Bubsy? :ohdear:

Yeah, I'm just being real lazy about editing more. I'm sure you can understand why. I'll probably post more tomorrow or something, parhaps.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCLr0kN5fdk

the real bub souls starts here

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I believe you mean purrmadeath.

I'm starting to think this "video games" thing was a bad idea

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FeyerbrandX posted:

CJacobs, 2015-end of time.

As sisyphus was punished for his arrogance being forced to roll a boulder uphill forever, I am punished for my arrogance by playing Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind forever

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thank you for the avatar inspiration, FeyerbrandX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Rl9p2S-Uo

The world was fast asleep. It was a seemingly normal night until a UFO came into view. It beamed and zapped almost everything around it while the happy critters slept in their homes. There was a bobcat, Bubsy, clutching his prized yarn ball handed down from his grandmother. He then sensed a disturbance and woke up suddenly, rubbing his eye. He looked before him and things seemed really out-of-place in the natural order of the world. He saw a UFO zapping and stealing fabric all around the neighborhood.

"Oh no, they might want my yarn ball collection!" Bubsy cried, holding his yarn ball close.

The aliens ascended from the ship, looking like the strangest creatures you ever saw. No arms, but giant feet with curly strands of hair like antenna with big button noses and cheeks. They could form cheese wheels with their powers and throw eggs. Bubsy was deeply lactose intolerant and was allergic to eggs. The aliens even started to control the animals of the forest.

"I guess it's up to me to save the world," Bubsy called bravely. "What could paws-ibly go wrong?"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xMnf3PM4mk

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FeyerbrandX posted:

Why do you make me hurt the ones I love know?

Why Bubsy, WHY!?
Bubsy... Bubsy... BUUUUUUUBSYYYYYYYYY!:byodood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxgWBdoXugM

:perfect:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Uillillia is super into Bubsy, yes, it's the basis for his whole platform masters game. What he likes about it is that it's got this weird unique physics engine (for the time), where you can build up momentum and then rocket off into the stratosphere by using the force from jumping while moving quickly on an incline. On the one hand, I think that's also pretty cool, but on the other hand it has done absolutely nothing but get me killed so I can't give Bubsy too much credit for it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR40CdbZdW8

Bubsy stared out over the lake, his weary eyes bagged and heavy. He'd been traveling for days now. His fur was matted to his forehead, the sweat of the desert heat still lingering on his skin. Fists clenched, he found his legs weighed a ton apiece, and spent some time staring down upon the rippling water. He could at least afford that much rest to himself.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, trying still to will away the onset of a headache. He blamed the trains; their horns too loud, wheels grinding along the decades-old tracks. He blamed the mountain air, tightening his blood vessels and quickening his heartbeat as it pounded in his ears with anticipation. He blamed those creatures; their sickening laughter. The 'woolies'.

They were as aliens. Though they appeared to be flesh and blood- some kind of animal never seen by furred-kind -they couldn't have been. Upon defeat they simply vanished into dust, as if they had never existed in the first place. it didn't make sense. Natural life did not work that way. Their vaguely rabbit-like appearance unnerved Bubsy; he had friends who were hares themselves. Every time he struck one down it felt like he was assaulting the familiar. He stared then at the gray dust specks beneath his claws and felt dissonant.

Closing his paw back into a fist, he managed the strength to stand. No matter what these creatures truly were, Bubsy would defeat them. Or at least, that idea had gotten him this far. He'd always fancied himself an adventurer, a hero.

"Heroes don't give up," he told himself. In the back of his mind, where his headache laid thumping hammers again and again in rhythm, a tiny voice told him that perhaps he should. Somewhere far away, beneath the lake and beyond, the ritual was nearing completion.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 19, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As we find out in the next video, this is only the second hardest level in the game! Welcome to hell!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcQ4ocTSkcg

This is how. :getin:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
t('-'t)

(there will probably be more bubsy tomorrow)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i053o4l8DCw

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYHoFKaOeUU

SESSION 2: BUBS HARDER

i've had a little bit to tdrink and I'm posting this cuz it just finished rendering, blind sally says hi

e: drink jim beam maple whiskey it's good and tastes a little bit like butane but the maple syrupy flavor masks that just enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I did post it there! Or at least, I advertised it there. But also I'm obligated to post it here since it's the laziest lp ever. I mean look at the most recent video, I didn't even bother to put the letterboxing on.