Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Zenithe posted:

I accidentally deleted this post when trying to copy it and forgot what I put here. Probably was something lame about skeletons.

Sounds like you need to bone up on your post humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

It was bad, why did I like this?

Well if you're like me, it's because you were young so everything seemed cooler, and the idea of a cartoon with an actual plot where you had to pay attention instead of more mindless stuff like Spongebob was really appealing.

Also top battles, top battles are great, watch them spin.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Also the theme song

Something something something, LETS! BEY BLADE! LETS! BEY BLADE! BEY BLADE!

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
I want an anime and subsequent video games centered around Uno. Get to work, Japan.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

That is what I was thinking of, yes. I would unapologetically watch that anime.

Welp.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Huh, it's better than I remember it being.

Also I remember blue shirt grandpa being amusing.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

This is better than the Japanese counterpart who was generic in every conceivable fashion.

Sounds like Duel Masters. Original is generic, the dub has people having fun with it.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Wayne posted:

Oh man, I remember Beyblade too. I don't think I made it through a single episode, and that was out of shock somebody approved "shounen anime about tops." :sweatdrop: And according to Wikipedia, it made 3 full 1-year serials? There're 150+ episodes of Beyblade?!

Look it was cool when I was like, 12 okay? Tops spin, what can game cards do? Just sit there, not spinning that's what.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Kemix posted:

Until you bring out the purple Shadow Realm to summon those monsters on the cards. Then you get to kill people. [/Yugiohnerding]

Yeah, and tops sound dumb until all sorts of glowing monsters appear from them and fight and stuff! #TopsAreCoolCardsJustDrool

Shoeless fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 30, 2016

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Leal posted:

If we're discussing anime dubs that go wild, you cannot go wrong with Ghost Stories. When given the localization rights they were told "Do whatever" and my god they did.

Can someone confirm if Duel Masters was the one where a villain was waiting for the cable man to come over? And when he was going to leave before the guy arrived his subordinates told him the cable guy will just leave a note and be on his way if the villain wasn't there to answer the door, to which the villain replies "The cable man is... evil..."?

I couldn't of imagined this series of events, I swore I saw it once at 5 in the morning and its somehow managed to etch into my mind and I cannot find any confirmation of it online.

Yeah, I've seen some clips of Ghost Stories. Oh boy. Ooooh boy. And yes, that scene you're talking about is from Duel Masters. They had fun with that dub. Pity they changed the voice actors every season.

That being said we should probably go back to talking about LPs. We've gotten a tad off-topic.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

We're only off-topic if someone doesn't let's play Duel Masters.

Card Games and action games are basically the same thing right

You know what you must do.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Genocyber posted:

Duel Masters is a show that slipped me by and I regret that incredibly after seeing this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv44gh2OnxM

This one's even better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlmtNo3cHMw

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

The Sewer Level in Shadows of the Empire is the best part of that already flawless game!

I politely disagree.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Wayne posted:

...you sure we're not still talking about Yu-Gi-Oh? :raise:

Yeah. From what I remember, Beyblade waits a bit to reveal that part of the formula, while Yu Gi Oh gives you it within the first episode. So you have to keep with the show for a little before the whole deal with spirits inside the tops that make them battle better comes up.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Bubsy's on my list, alright.

My Top 10 list!

Top 10 what?

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

Bubsy appears on my "Top 10 List of Suitable Dash Rendar Alternatives". He's number 7.

"Let's go Lobo! What could pawsibly go wrong?"

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
I think these are pretty good so far, Addamere. You've got a good voice for this. I'd suggest what GamesAreSupernice has already mentioned, and doing more than one level per video but that's entirely to your taste.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
I love watching people play Dragon Lore. It speaks to the part of me that needs others to suffer. It's like Bubsy, in that respect.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I dunno, let me confer with my alan wake body pillow to find out if he qualifies as anime or not.

A quick and easy litmus test is if the character in question's eyes take up 50% or more of their face.

Zain posted:

I can vouch for his panty cred. Totally into panties and stockings.

What about garterbelts?

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Doseku posted:

Tonight we take a trip back to Sukochi to refuel our Jr. Princess.

Nefarious: Episode 06 - Trial by fire

:psyduck:
Well that was a level. Does this make Farrah best princess?

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
To be fair, she was weighing whether to either murder everyone or save everyone. She wasn't immediately going full purge. That counts for something right? Like Mayapple said, she just needs good role models so when the time comes and deity form returns, she makes the right choice. I'm sure Crow will do excellently in this regard.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Doseku posted:

He should. If he doesn't there won't be a world for him to rule over.

Exactly. Villainy 101: Rule the world, don't destroy it.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
So proud. You have no idea.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
Given that Crow's grandpa didn't ask for ransoms or anything, I can only assume he was simply someone who was very interested in trying out The Trolley Dilemma in real life.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Ramos posted:

the most early 90s CG game ever.
What are you talking about, this wasn't Lost Eden!

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Nuramor posted:

During that last battle it looked like your healthbar ran out first, but the game still counted it as your victory. Did i see that wrong?

Yeah, I noticed that too. Guess it's a bug?

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Doseku posted:

The final episode for nefarious is going to take longer than I expected. The final boss for the good ending is way tougher than I thought and not for good reasons.

Should we clap our hands if we believe in Crow?

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Doseku posted:

No, but it did help.

Nefarious: Finale - The power of paperwork

This fight was spread across four seperate videos because I had to take breaks in between before I lost my mind. I have helpfully condensed it down from 2 hours to around 30 minutes. But you'll see enough of it to understand it's core problem.

This is pretty great, but I wish they'd gotten more money from the kickstarter for more character faces; Mayapple using her really happy, excited face when it seems like she'd be worried is a bit odd. For instance, when she says "But you'll die!"

Congrats on finishing the game. It was really fun to watch! I hope that the folks that did this go on to make some more games. Maybe ones with better boss fights. I feel like that final boss would be a lot easier and maybe more fun, if the policebots flew straight up whenever you hit them. Regardless of the angle and place you hit them, they just go straight up. That would remove a lot of the issue of needing to him them in the exact right spot to get them to arc correctly, and put the focus instead on dodging the laser and hitting a bot at the right time so that it impacts Becky's pod. Rather than having to focus on dodging and having to hit the bots in the exact right way to get them to hit her.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Thank you for the LP. We learned an important lesson today, goons: You don't need to rule the world when you have good friends

Except for the part where he doesn't actually get to hang out with them and do any of the stuff they said they would do while remaining friends. It kinda makes the whole thing fall apart at the end, on further reflection. Which is a pity, I was really digging it until the very end bit.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
Yeah. It's especially unfortunate because Mayapple explicitly says "We're not asking you to be a hero... just a friend." Like, they were aware it would work better to have him remain a villain, but then they weren't quite willing to go all the way with it and try to figure out how that would work with him still being their friends.

It was still a really neat, charming game overall though, I'm glad it got Kickstarted.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

zfleeman posted:

Didn't see anybody complain about the first thing I posted, so... Image for the full video.

Hey, so, just wanted to say I'm really enjoying these so far and that you convinced me to get Bytepath and Card Crawl.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
I like the comic book cutscenes in Ace Lightning. They're goofy, but in a charming way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

Something amusing that I just realised after uploading this is that Lord Fear has a party, like a JRPG character. He is the white mage, Lady Illusion is the Black Mage casting spells from afar, Pigface is the speedy Thief/Rogue, and Anvil is the Knight/Fighter. A Balanced Party.

Where does Googler fit into this? This is imperative.