Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
:allears: Man, I love these threads.

Since I was in the last Casual LP Thread, but didn't actually finish my LP, I'm trying to be better this time. My guilt forces me to do another LP for this thread!

:siren: Let's Mangle the English Language in Megaman X 2: Part 01 :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV9d552XrbU

Yes, even though I'm pretty bad at speaking English, I'm back to torture your ears again! :shepface:

Have fun.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
It's time for part 2!

Some cover-art.

Let's Mangle the English Language in Mega Man X 2.

MMX2 Part 01

:siren:NEW:siren:

MMX2 Part 02

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V6j-rwKcsc

And so it begins, god help our poor souls.

Good lord, why are you doing this to yourselves? Now I'm glad I picked a good game for my own casual Let's Play.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wait, I almost forgot: Time for part 3 of

MMX2 Part 01

MMX2 Part 02

MMX2 Part 03

Making this third video was a lot more work then I anticipated, since it's hard to anticipate failing at this high level of stupidity. Welp, at least you get to laugh at me. :shepface:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

KieranWalker posted:

Very poetic, Crow.

I actually played that game on console when I was younger (I'm not sure how, mind you; I never owned a SNES). I remember not liking it, but I didn't remember it being so drat bad.

I suppose all I can say at this point is "better CJacobs than me."

I played Bubsy on SNES in a toy-shop once. Seeing all the crazy deaths was fun at first, but when I later borrowed the game to play it at home it turned old fast.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Thanks to Christmas coming, I suddenly had more time left over for making videos then I thought, so I'm uploading multiple episodes over the holidays. Today, it's time for episode 4.

MMX2 Part 01

MMX2 Part 02

MMX2 Part 03

MMX2 Part 04

Libluini fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Dec 23, 2015

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

As promised, the second of three Christmas-episodes.

MMX2 Part 01

MMX2 Part 02

MMX2 Part 03

MMX2 Part 04

:siren:Merry X-Mas:siren:

MMX2 Part 05

Libluini fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 26, 2015

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

This wasn't exactly as planned, but welp. Upload finished early, so here's the third and last of my Christmas-episodes. Next week, normal episodes resume.

MMX2 Part 01

MMX2 Part 02

MMX2 Part 03

MMX2 Part 04

MMX2 Part 05

:siren:Merry X-Mas:siren:

MMX2 Part 06 -Bonus Episode-

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
CJacobs, please record faster I've already watched the second episode and I'm getting withdrawal again

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

So much of Bubsy would be fixed by the simple addition of being able to take multiple hits like Sonic. It still wouldn't be any GOOD, but it wouldn't be so horrible.

Did you notice how the double bosses only need two hits each to die? Those assholes knew what they were doing, that game is balanced around Bubsy being a one-hit wonder.

All those deathtraps and situations were there are enemies above and under you, trying to sucker you into jumping just that little bit too far or too high, that's all planned out. The programmers probably were giggling like little schoolgirls when assembling that mess.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I love this. :allears:

This game was made by people who confused sadism with good game design.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In this episode I start to forget how to speak English

MMX2 Part 01

MMX2 Part 02

MMX2 Part 03

MMX2 Part 04

MMX2 Part 05

:siren: New episode incoming :siren:

MMX2 Part 07

Libluini fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 9, 2016

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I once got into the last level of Bubsy by jumping a lot, having lots of luck and just essentially flying over everything.

Then I ran out of luck and basically could never ever get that far again.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR40CdbZdW8

Bubsy stared out over the lake, his weary eyes bagged and heavy. He'd been traveling for days now. His fur was matted to his forehead, the sweat of the desert heat still lingering on his skin. Fists clenched, he found his legs weighed a ton apiece, and spent some time staring down upon the rippling water. He could at least afford that much rest to himself.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, trying still to will away the onset of a headache. He blamed the trains; their horns too loud, wheels grinding along the decades-old tracks. He blamed the mountain air, tightening his blood vessels and quickening his heartbeat as it pounded in his ears with anticipation. He blamed those creatures; their sickening laughter. The 'woolies'.

They were as aliens. Though they appeared to be flesh and blood- some kind of animal never seen by furred-kind -they couldn't have been. Upon defeat they simply vanished into dust, as if they had never existed in the first place. it didn't make sense. Natural life did not work that way. Their vaguely rabbit-like appearance unnerved Bubsy; he had friends who were hares themselves. Every time he struck one down it felt like he was assaulting the familiar. He stared then at the gray dust specks beneath his claws and felt dissonant.

Closing his paw back into a fist, he managed the strength to stand. No matter what these creatures truly were, Bubsy would defeat them. Or at least, that idea had gotten him this far. He'd always fancied himself an adventurer, a hero.

"Heroes don't give up," he told himself. In the back of his mind, where his headache laid thumping hammers again and again in rhythm, a tiny voice told him that perhaps he should. Somewhere far away, beneath the lake and beyond, the ritual was nearing completion.

Wow, zero progress? This must be some kind of record.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ChaosArgate posted:

I don't know if you'll believe me or not, but this is made up for in the next session.

I can't wait! :allears:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
At the rate we're going, I'm not even entirely sure he will finish Bubsy I, Bubsy 3D may just shatter his poor, abused mind if he ever gets to it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well poo poo, thanks for reminding me I stopped my own LP of Mega Man X2 just short of killing the last reploid robot master, now I feel obligated to record more stuff.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That weird egg-forest dimension goes by a lot faster if you just ignore that dumb raft. If I remember right, I got through that part by just making sure to pull enough levers to make the water go away and then jumping very carefully around until I reached the end.

It's kind of funny though that you can activate the boss-encounter even if you haven't reached enough levers to fight on the ground. I can't even imagine how horrible that fight would be if you only had that raft protecting you from the insta-kill water. :shepface:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

kjetting posted:

It also seems like the game could have been a little more tolerable if there was a health bar or something so that not everything is an insta-kill.

Yeah, but then the game would be terrible and boring

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

kjetting posted:

Instead of terrible and unplayable, you mean?

Both Sonic and Mario would have been much worse games without the rings and mushrooms giving you a second chance when you hit something.

Both classic Sonic and Mario are good games, though. The only thing Bubsy has going for it is the inherent humor in dieing in the most stupid way possible over and over again.

Take that away and you just get a bland mascot game like thousand others.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The trick to that last boss is the same as with the earlier bosses: You have to pretend the floor is lava. Never touch the floor, try to always stay in the air as long as possible. Also kill the bosses before they can drown you in bullshit.

The rest is just rote memorization and the patience of a very dumb saint (translation: a child). So I guess I have to disappoint you, a lot of children did the same thing I did and beat this stupid game, you're just one of many victims.

The good news is however: Those children were disappointed too.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
OK, it took me far too long to continue this mess, but I've made two more videos about me failing at Mega Man X2. Today, a short bonus video, tomorrow the real next episode:

In this episode I start to forget how to speak English

MMX2 Part 01

MMX2 Part 02

MMX2 Part 03

MMX2 Part 04

MMX2 Part 05

MMX2 Part 07

:siren: New episode incoming :siren:

MMX2 Part 08 -Bonus Episode II-

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Eh, the video finished early, so what the hell.

:siren: Newer Episode Incoming :siren:

MMX2 Part 09

That's 7 out of 8 rebellious reploids down!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Today I woke up and noticed I had mumbled my way through another stage of Mega Man X2.

At first I was confused, but then I remembered I had something like a LP going, so I went gently caress it and uploaded this thing to YouTube. "Enjoy" me trying again to speak a language I was not born with.

Mega Man X2 Part 10: Crystal Snails are Hardshelled Bastards

Edit:

I just noticed I had forgotten to include links to the older parts two times in a row. Oops!

MMX2 Part 01

MMX2 Part 02

MMX2 Part 03

MMX2 Part 04

MMX2 Part 05

MMX2 Part 07

MMX2 Part 08 -Bonus Episode II-

MMX2 Part 09

Libluini fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 10, 2016

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PSWII60 posted:

It gets a bit stranger/more surreal the further we go in.

Man, this takes me back. I have this somewhere on my HDDs. Never had the patience to get to the good ending.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PSWII60 posted:

Until I recorded this I didn't know there was a good ending. I thought it was just the one.

Sadly, I learned from this game's existence from the same source who also spoiled me on that surprise. But the bad end is a nice enough twist on its own. Or is the good end the even worse end from the perspective of whatever those cute little plant people are?

LogicalFallacy posted:

There's actually three. :ssh:

Well, gently caress

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PSWII60 posted:

And yet another Eversion vid.

I played this level so often I got legit nightmares for a couple days.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PSWII60 posted:

We finally get to see what the gems do, and unlock the good(?) ending.

EDIT: AAAaaaaand it's fixed. Thanks much.
\/\/\/\/\/\/

The cutest ending. :3:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Faerie Fortune posted:

Enter Left Skull - Let's Play Dragon Lore

Dragon Lore: The Legend Begins is a lovely point and click adventure game released in 1994 for PC and later ported to 3DO. I'd copy/paste the wiki summary about it, but it actively spoils the plot. I was eight when this game came out, I played it on release and I thought it was the hottest poo poo.

Now I'm 30, playing it with some friends and realising that it is in fact steaming garbage. Joining me as I take off the nostalgia glasses is my good buddy liquidypoo and some other randos I drag in based on who was around in discord at the time.

This game is bad. Really, really bad. Please, enjoy my suffering so you never have to play it yourself.

(Full disclosure, this LP was originally a patreon reward, however I took a poll and my backers didn't mind me releasing the LP publicly. I discussed with Fedule about posting it here and we agreed that this was the best place for it given the circumstances so consider this mod approved I guess?)

Dragon Lore - Intro
Dragon Lore Episode 1 - What A Weird Dog

:stare: This game is like if someone showed Might and Magic VII to the inmates of an insane asylum and then convinced them to try their hands at their own knock-off brand version

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think I started and left unfinished two casual LPs by now and today I had the incredible idea to at least finish this trilogy of incompetence. So I fired up my PS4 and became Darkwing Duck

Dark Winged Ducks 01: Quaker Jack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHeCM6ZbvYg

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dark Winged Ducks 02: Dumbass Duck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RJUF5BxtDs&t=1356s

More technical troubles and for some reason the game audio is still louder then my voice. Welp, at least I made no progress, so I can have another go at trying to get a sane sound balance on my PS4!

Episode 1

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

OK, let's do this!

Star Ocean the Second Story was a game I loved as a teenager, and played to death. Sadly, as we had not much money, I played it on a used PSX using a very badly made bootleg (I think the print on one of the CDs was even slightly green, but it's been literally decades since then so I don't remember the details.) that I got for cheap in a video rental store.

The discs had been treated badly too, and where scratched enough the game tended to crash a lot. In the bonus dungeon near the end it got so bad I gave up.

But, time to finally finish this game for good! After a failed attempt at using my original (not the "original", those discs are long since dead) CDs for a German LP, I've decided to restart with the English-language European version and this time I'm determined to get through it!

Anyway, Star Ocean 2's beginning is rather slow, so this first video is roughly 1/2 half of the intro.

And I hosed up the audio balancing when recording, I try to do better next time.

:siren: Part 01: Lots of Talking :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tulip posted:

SO2 hit me at the right time for me to love all the tedious insane grinding of a JRPG. A few years earlier I wouldn't have been organized enough mentally to play it like a robot, a few years later I had too many other things I wanted to do with my time to tolerate mashing hundreds of menu items thousands of times.

I don't think that is essential to SO2 but boy howdy it sure is how I played it.

I love SO2 mostly because there is so much dumb poo poo you can do to trick the game into giving you money, equipment or XP. That, and I love the art direction. If you look at plucky Rena, you can really believe that she can do martial arts.

Though if you look at her bio and then at the new art style of the remake, you can only weep or laugh, just zero understanding of her fiery personality. One of the reasons I'm only playing the original PSX-version.

Also recently I replaced the USB-hub my game pad was plugged in, since my cat liked to use the old one as a toy, her rubbing against it kept interrupting the connection, which made recording games rear end. The new one has a longer cable and I was able to hide it somewhere she doesn't want to look. The new thing is also not a cheap piece of poo poo, so better able to withstand cat attacks anyway.

Next week I can hopefully continue!