Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Let's Play Blue Estate

https://youtu.be/t7j3bcHqCe0

This game charmed me 5 minutes in, and I hope it warms your heart too! So join me on this wild ride to save our girl(?)friend(?)/girlfriend(?) and teach the world the name of Tony. Luciano.

Edit: Now with working subs!

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Let's Play Blue Estate

https://youtu.be/U7HvoO-P6Ic

I don't know why, but I absolutely love the art style used in this game.

YOTC posted:

I'm a horrible person, but this game looks fun as poo poo. I think I need to figure out how to get a lightgun working on PC now.

Blue Estate is seriously fun. I don't play too many arcade shooters on the PC platform (Are there many of them to begin with? I dunno), but the action and dialogue in this game is a serious contender to Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and the only significant difference, apart from theme/story, is that CoJ isn't on rails.

I only bought BE because it was on sale and I'm poor, but it was definitely worth its full price. If you know anyone who loves arcade shooters, do them a favor and get them CoJ and BE for Xmas, if they don't already have them.

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 18, 2015

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
RE: Emily is Away

No matter how much I yelled at the screen and called you guys jerks, you roleplayed Dash rather well.

I've got something in my eye though, and I think I need to lie down for a bit.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So it turns out that not double-checking my videos (and MEGUI being a jerk of a program) means that my subtitles that I had for the two Blue Estate videos aren't actually displaying... :cripes:

I'll re-upload them once I get around to re-transcribing what's currently embedded into them, but episode 3 will be up later, due to having to upload the video + subtitle separately.

So to those doing subtitle LPs. Don't use MEGUI!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

anilEhilated posted:

I, uh, haven't noticed. The game is pretty hypnotic.

There are moments where I have to rewatch or just abandon lines entirely because I always get captivated by the gameplay.

CJacobs posted:

Ah-ha. That's why I was confused when you said in the other thread that it was a subtitled VLP after I said it was commentary-less. Because, due to a comedy of errors, it IS commentary-less! :haw:

:doh:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Let's Play Blue Estate

https://youtu.be/1tCznKzfCDM

I'll get the previous video subtitles re-done and re-upload them at some point.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

anilEhilated posted:

How does the co-op work? Do we get double Tony Luciano or is there another character?

To be honest, I have no clue. :blush:

I really hope its a second Tony so you can hear them constantly moan and bitch.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

CJacobs posted:

I watched a video of it and, yep, it just duplicates Tony entirely. You get one copy of the story voice lines but twice as much "C'moooon where did I put my bullets dammit!"

Man, this game looks like fun, I can't wait for the christmas sale so I can buy it.

I smell a Co-op stream, mayhaps? :wink:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Night10194 posted:

Are there lightgun peripherals for PC? Because holy poo poo, I want to play Blue Estate properly after seeing it in motion.

http://www.ultimarc.com/store/section.php?xSec=7&xPage=1

First google result brings this up. 100$ gets you a light gun + sensor bar. I wouldn't be surprised if I could jury rig my PSEye + light gun/other to get it to work. The PS Move seemed to be okay using my computer monitor in that config, I just haven't experimented yet.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

CJacobs posted:

Today I made the biggest mistake of my life. Look forward to it.

Cheer up CJacobs! What could paws-ibly go wrong?

HAW HAW HAW HAW!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm going to have to get some Blue Estate copies to counter-act this crime against humanity...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blind Sally posted:

oooo, oooo, me, me! Bubsy apologist, right here!

Bubsy is a purr-fect series

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Great Joe posted:

if you had come to me ten years ago and told me i could legally go on the internet and buy a bubsy rom for $4 i'd think you're scamming me

This statement still holds true today, hth

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Wanamingo posted:

More like a bridge too short !!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Wanamingo posted:

I am extremely disappointed that we didn't get to hear any of the game's many quips

I think I saw Elvis back there!

(I'm trying to help)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Let' Play Blue Estate

https://youtu.be/pzcZGaQHuv0

There's no love lost in this tunnel.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

anilEhilated posted:

It's official, I need to buy this game.

Hua!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

anilEhilated posted:

Hua. Not gonna lie, I was wondering when he's gonna use it as a weapon from the moment I've seen the animation. Does anything happen if you shoot the divine HUA in flight?

I tried, every time. Violence against dogs is not supported in Blue Estate.

I was hoping for something crazy, like the Hua exploding into a cloud of pheromones and... "occupy" nearby enemies.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I haven't played the last two missions, so if anyone wants to go at them blind together let me know and I'll see if we can get that done this weekend.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Blue Estate

https://youtu.be/MOwkZ-90AXM

What can I say? This game keeps getting better.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I don't see why you're complaining, Santa Claws got you exactly what you wanted.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Let's Play Blue Estate

https://youtu.be/nbt_2C6vRjI

So CJacobs and I discovered that its local Co-op only. Whoops!

It's okay though, we've got something else in the works. :getin: In the meantime, please enjoy the penultimate level of Blue Estate.

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jan 9, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ChaosArgate posted:

I don't know if you'll believe me or not, but this is made up for in the next session.

....HOW?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

nine-gear crow posted:

And within 10 minutes of that ending, we watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmNdbdSCuC4

What could PAWSIBLY go wrong?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Let's Play Blue Estate

https://youtu.be/LeT00XbvaRM

I'm an honorary member of the Federal Bureau of Procrastination. Applications welcome.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

anilEhilated posted:

So yeah, this level feels really weak, tacked-on, and BALLS HARD. But it's got Tony!

Personally, I really like how it plays. It wasn't too tough, although I haven't played on crazytrain yet. The intro is certainly weak, but I really like the ending.

All in all, I really think this is one of those hidden gems. Anyone who likes arcadey shooters should pick this up!

Edit: The Hand Cannon™ really makes the level easy too.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

anilEhilated posted:

Really? I admit I haven't made any conscious effort to get better at it, but after multiple playthroughs of all levels, this is the only one where I always die 3+ times on Abnormal. The shantytown and river sections are particularly bad - or rather, I'm particularly bad at them.

Hidden gem is right, though; it's an awesome game and the fact I almost passed it on just because the writer's got a Russian-sounding name feels pretty drat stupid in retrospect.

That was my only run of Bloodshot, with no editing whatsoever. :shrug:

I think the river section really benefits from the player having the Hand Cannon™. Shantytown is sorta hit or miss on how effective it is. I think I got close to dying near the end of Shantytown, I haven't really bothered re-watching the footage since doing the subtitles.

It does help if you grew up on arcade games like Area 51 and Maximum Force (Which my local arcade has) :v:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blind Sally posted:

oh god. what if "Sheev" IS the Star Wars equivalent of "Steve"? like Naboo is just some backwater planet where names get horribly garbled, such as "Padme" for "Pamela".

Quarsh. Quarsh (Panaka) is the Star Wars equivalent of Steve.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Trizophenie posted:

Stuff on a space ship.

This level is filler. You can cut it out and still be left with nothing missing from the game. I don't care about spoilers any more.

Half-way through this video I got up from my Emperor Palpatine chair to look up entries in my Star Wars encyclopedia.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The road to hell is paved with good intentions

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The point is that NRA is a politically charged topic and there are plenty of weird/unknown gun games that you could broach the topic better. Not that that really matters, as you yourself have little to no interest in this game, have no interest in shooting or firearms in general, and have no interest to debate the topic of the NRA.

Granted, I will applaud your determination to approach this as neutrally as your tone of voice, but it only begs the question that, as there ARE alternatives and today is literally the anniversary to a mass shooting, which makes your attempts at playing this down seriously tone deaf, why are you prepared to die on this particular hill? Are the adsense bucks or patreon dollars that valuable?

And poo poo, yeah, there's a tip here or two, but, from what I listened to in your video(s), you didn't even bring attention to it. There's no safety to expand upon, there's no trick or moral to learn from. It's you, talking about a boring rear end game, in a boring rear end fashion, except the game is about the NRA, a vile, horrible, corrupt organization that spits in the face of everyone that isn't prepared to open their wallets or kiss their rear end.

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Oct 2, 2018

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Any publicity is good publicity as they say. Oh well, I've a new project it would seem.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
As someone who legally owna and uses firearms, I do believe that the manner in which you approach the game named and famed for the NRA does my hobby, and the people who have been affected by firearms in their (daily) lives a disservice.

That being said, you do you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
:lol: