Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Alright. I just recorded an LP of Robot Wants Kitty, and I'll have a link for it once I actually get the video uploaded. Feel free to critique and give advice so I can actually put out decent crap later. I will be doing the rest of the Robot Wants series for this thread, and probably won't put much effort into improving things for these videos at least, unless there's something glaringly awful. In a related note, I'm an idiot who forgot to record the game audio and can't be arsed to redo it, so some of the things I say in the video will make little to no sense.

EDIT:Well this is awful, but here you go.:suicide:
The next video should be done in a week or so, and should hopefully be a bit less poo poo than this one.

LogicalFallacy fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jan 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Carbon dioxide posted:

I was thinking of recording a playthrough of K.O.L.M., which is somewhat similar, for this thread. But I found out that I'm almost completely impossible to understand using my built-in mic and I don't have an actual mic lying around so gently caress it.

I'm actually mildly impressed by how decent I sound in this video, besides the random throat clearing. I'm using the mic on my Logitech G340 headset to record my commentary, and I have to speak up quite a bit, but it's definitely better than I expected it to be.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Haven't watched any of this SotN LP yet, but out of curiosity, would a "Let's Break the poo poo out of SotN" LP be at all redundant to what you're doing good sir? I would like to do that at some future point and would like to know.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

I'm nowhere near good enough to do a bunch of the speed run tricks at this moment, though with save-states I should be able to get in some practice. Mostly I was thinking of demonstrating how to make this the absolute easiest Castlevania game ever. (early jewel knuckles on a luck run, effing sword brothers, Muramasa or whatever the ridiculously broken endgame sword is called)

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

It'll be a bit before I get around to doing SotN anyways. In case you hadn't noticed from the one video I've got up in this thread already, I have no clue what I'm doing and lack the LP skill or know-how at the moment to put out anything decent. Castlevania is a game I truly enjoyed as a kid, and I would actually want to give it the justice of some good quality videos. For the moment I just need to get off my lazy rear end and get put out some more awful videos of fun little flash games so I can figure out what I'm doing.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

The best thing about Galamoth is that you can stunlock him by punching him repeatedly in the back of the head. Without that, an all-bosses punching-only run would be very painful.

Ooh. I didn't know about that trick. I always just cheesed him with the beryl circlet. I'll definitely have to give that a go next time I play.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

anilEhilated posted:

Right, so after a series of unfortunate accidents, I'm back with another attempt to get my audio balance and speaking habits to something resembling a watchable level, except this time I handicap myself further by playing a game a)blind b)that's supposed to be poo poo:
Let's Play Legendary 01 - Everybody Jump!

Any feedback, technical or otherwise, is very much appreciated, the idea is that I try to fix issues between videos. I can't seem to fix the table.

I actually own that game on the PS3, but I only got to the golem showing up before I got distracted by something and sort of forgot about it.
I would like to say that you are right about golems working nothing like that one though. Proper golems are made of clay and animated by a passage of scripture (I can't remember which one) written on a scroll and placed in their head. Alternately, they have the word "emeth," which means truth, inscribed somewhere on their body, and are killed by defacing it so the it instead says "meth," which means death.

E: Fixed because I don't speak Hebrew and was bullshitting from vague memories.

LogicalFallacy fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 14, 2016

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Just an aside, but emeth means truth, not life.

Thank you good sir, post is now fixed.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

I finally got off my lazy rear end and recorded another video! This time, we start making our way through Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge. This was a game I quite enjoyed when I was younger, and one of the first games I was able to 100%. I do state that it was an early PlayStation title in the video, which of course I found out was false when I looked it up after recording. The popping in the cut-scenes will hopefully get fixed in the next video, as will my noisy-as-hell controller sounds. And so, without further ado, the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeZnlU3qkx4

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

A bunch of PlayStation games are fairly weird. It comes from developers still trying to make arcade games while also trying to make sure there was some sort of plot and other "modern" elements. This resulted in stuff like Pipe Dreams 3D and Breakout.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Alexeythegreat posted:

This game's quality is not up to par.
New catchphrase, eh?

My new microphone arrived today, so to celebrate I got off my lazy rear end and put together another Frogger episode! I was a bit congested during recording, and I was sort of pissed off on account of the several attempts I had to scrap, but hopefully that didn't affect things too much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFhHRjIXIcU

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Cool, I was wondering if you were doing more.
Yeah. My first scrapped attempt at part 2 was actually done a while ago. I just got extremely pissed off at it and left it be for a while when I went to merge my audio tracks and realized that my mic had been muted the entire time. I haven't been completely ignoring LP stuff though. I've been working at figuring out how to do a subtitled LP, so I can have something nice for my first non-casual thread LP.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Amanita designs' games. So the Samorost series, Machinarium, and Botanicula. I figure subtitles would be much better for those games than voiceover.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

anilEhilated posted:

Thanks. Recording this pair of videos is actually what prompted me to ask in the Sandcastle and I've been digging around the Internet for some face-stretching and breathing exercises, hopefully we'll hear some improvement.
Something I noticed for myself is that I tend to stumble and be unsure of what I'm saying when I record solo, but I did a lot better for the one video I've guested in. So you can try and find a co-commentator or just try treating your commentary as a conversation, with the audience being the silent other half of said conversation. Just some ideas to try.
Also, I need to catch up on your LP. I've shamefully only watched the first few videos.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

anilEhilated posted:

And the game ends with me running around a rooftop for an hour. Not for the easily bored, I suppose.
At the very least, I enjoyed your ramblings as they gradually descended further into madness. Also, I own this game for the PS3, because I thought the concept seemed pretty decent, and after watching your LP I can definitely say that I'm glad I never got very far through it.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Libluini posted:

Man, this takes me back. I have this somewhere on my HDDs. Never had the patience to get to the good ending.
I actually have 2 or 3 different builds on a thumb drive somewhere. Some of the later levels went through multiple revisions and changed significantly throughout.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

There's actually three. :ssh:

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, I have in my possession a copy of the terrible game Bad Rats Show, the sequel to Bad Rats. If anyone wishes to LP it, PM me your steam name.
I don't think I'm up for LPing it myself, but I will happily get dragged along for co-commentary for it.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

After much deliberation, I've decided to say gently caress it. If no-one else has decided to take it by Friday or whatever arbitrary deadline Mycroft feels like setting, I'll take the drat game.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Since I know everyone is super excited for it, the first episode of Bad Rats Show is uploading right now. I'm debating whether or not I want to give it its own thread, but either way I'll be putting a link here when I wake up.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

:siren::suicide:The Murder of LogicalFallacy by the Coward MycroftHolmes: Let's Play Bad Rats Show:suicide::siren:

Bad Rats was an awful game that came out in 2009. It was basically the incredible machine with horrible physics, horrible design, and a horrible premise.

Unfortunately, it got poo poo-gifted enough to get a sequel, Bad Rats Show. Not much has changed from the first game, with the exception of more horrible humor and horrible voice acting. About the only reason to play this game is if you're some poor sap who's volunteered to LP it. In this case, I'm that poor sap. It also has Steam Workshop support for those interested in sending me their lovely levels.

Joining me for commentary for the first session are: Mycroft Holmes, the rear end in a top hat who gave me the game; CommissarMega, an rear end in a top hat who volunteered to laugh at the poor sap playing the game; and CJacobs, who you might remember as the poor sap who LPed Bubsy.

For Chapter 2, co-commentators are CommissarMega and new guest DookyDingo.

For those interested, FutureFriend has an LP of the first game archived here.

Videos
Playlist

Chapter 1 Videos:
Episode 1: The Setting is on Cat
Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 2: One Cool Cat
Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 3: I Want to See How Bad This Gets
Chapter 2 Videos:
Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 4: The Most Complicated Method of Making Soup
Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 5: It's Not a Bug, it's a Feature
Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 6: He Kaepernicked it.

LogicalFallacy fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Mar 1, 2017

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

I'm fairly sure I know what happened with Mycroft's audio. It's nothing that could be repaired, but it should be something we can fix up next session.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

In order to make up for the lack of murdering rat in GamesAreSuperNice's post above, I bring you another episode of Bad Rats Show.

Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 2: One Cool Cat

This would've been up before the weekend, but I'm a horrible procrastinator.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Yo. A new Rats video should be happening tomorrow. If it doesn't, feel free to yell at me on Discord. I'll blame the slow pace of the updates on my burning, fiery hatred of the game and my great desire to never hear or see anything of it ever again. Also, the folder with all the audio files is a massive loving mess.

In slightly related news, I took advantage of the Steam sales to acquire several additional copies of Bad Rats Show. These are free to whoever here desires one. When I (eventually) get all of the updates out, I plan on doing a live-stream of a bunch of user levels, and think it would be fantastic (entertaining) to have as many goon-made levels in there as possible. PM me your steam info so I can gift you a copy if you're interested. For those without plat, you can alternatively DM me on Discord. My account there is LogicalFallacy#0306.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Good God, is that a Bad Rats update I see here? Say it ain't so.

Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 3: I Want to See How Bad This Gets

This is the final video from the first recording session, and as such Mycroft should sound much better in future videos.

Now I just need to get my audio folder unfucked so I can actually find everything.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Oh hey. Worry not, I've not yet been driven to suicide by the rats. I've got the commentary from the second session set to be mixed down into a single file. I just need to finish listening through it tonight to make sure there's no issues. I should have another episode up by this weekend.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

And here we begin Chapter 2 of Bad Rats Show.

Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 4: The Most Complicated Method of Making Soup

In this session, CommissarMega continues to guest, and we are joined by DookyDingo.
Chapter 2 is the breather episode of Bad Rats Show. It introduces physics objects, but doesn't utilize them near as much as it could, and overall comes off as quite a bit easier than Chapter 1. Unfortunately this means it's all downhill from here.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

CommissarMega posted:

Man, I never realized just how giggly I got watching Bad Rats Show.
And this isn't even Chapter 3 yet, where you got really bad.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Already another episode? Alright!

Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 5: It's Not a Bug, it's a Feature

Continuing with Chapter 2, we play with more physics objects, obnoxious physics, and tiny-rear end hit-boxes. We also see what night be the last creative wet fart of the developer, and look forward to seeing absolutely nothing new (except for Chapter 4) for the rest of the game.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Here's episode 6 of Bad Rats Show!

Let's Play Bad Rats Show Episode 6: He Kaepernicked it.

In this episode we wrap up Chapter 2 with some fairly easy levels and some minor technical difficulties. Unfortunately this means we're done with the easy part of the game. Chapter 3, which but for the gimmick of Chapter 4 would be the worst part of the game, is where we really start running into RNG bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

I live yet! It's mostly a matter of arsing myself to do the editing, on account of being up to Chapter 3 now. gently caress Chapter 3. I've already had to relive that experience once when recording commentary for it, and I don't relish doing so again. Chapter 3 is the only one that I recorded in two sessions because I actually rage-quit towards the end.

That being said, I do plan on getting at least the first video of it put together this weekend.