Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artificial Beats
Jan 15, 2016

Let's Donate All of Our Money to Time Crisis 3

Time Crisis 3 is a light gun game where you shoot a bunch of people with a plastic toy gun and a fistful of tokens...except in this LP, a "plastic toy gun" is a PlayStation 2 controller, and a "fistful of tokens" is the :20bux: I spent on a copy of this game in 2008.

Arcade Mode:
P1 Side (Normal)
P2 Side (Hard)

(This is also babby's first LP and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did in making it!)

Artificial Beats fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jul 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificial Beats
Jan 15, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

I love the Time Crisis games. They're so delightfully corny :allears:. Time Crisis 2 was a staple of drat near every arcade I've ever visited. They kind of feel like they wouldn't be out of place in the Ace Combat/Ridge Racer world, all told.

I'm surprised that the series has neither made references to nor have been referenced to by other Bandai Namco games, considering how often they've recently done that with both Ace Combat and the Tales series.

But yeah, these games are super fun, especially in co-op!

Night10194 posted:

I used to be able to one-credit clear Time Crisis 3. I loved that game in the arcade in college.

Nice! I've only 1CC'd this once at a machine, and that was because I had a random stranger with me for co-op and also because of sheer dumb luck on my part.

I am also jealous that you have/had a machine in your college's arcade. The "most frequently played" ones at mine are DDR Extreme and a Capcom vs. SNK 2 that was built inside a recycled Beatmania cabinet. It would've been nice if we at least had a Time Crisis 2 machine!

Artificial Beats
Jan 15, 2016

P2 Side (Hard)

This is the side that I usually play on, and it also has its advantages beyond the game itself. People seem more eager to join in when they see that the P1 side is vacant, and it just makes for a more enjoyable experience than going solo.

Anyways, here's the diagram for playing this game in Link Mode, which is the closest thing to replicating the 2-player arcade experience at home without it costing you more than $2000 for an actual arcade machine:

Game Manual posted:

The only caveat to this setup is that it requires a specific "fat" PS2 - it has to have an iLink port (S400) that's located near the USB ports on the front side. This made Time Crisis 3 one of the few PlayStation 2 games that utilized this feature along with Gran Turismo 3/4, Armored Core 2/3 (and their expansions), and TimeSplitters 2, to name a few examples.

Speaking of setups, I really would have liked to do this LP with an actual light gun, but the GunCon2/G-Con2 doesn't work on an LCD TV. There is an HDTV-compatible light gun available for purchase, but shelling out $100 for such a short LP is kinda silly if you ask me. Maybe someone else who has more expendable cash is more dedicated could do a "proper" LP with that setup? That would be cool to see. :allears:

Artificial Beats fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jul 1, 2016