Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Very early on Tae does an SSLP of Project X Zone; I don't know if it gets finished, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

A 3D Blast, would you say?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

GamesAreSupernice posted:

3d blast is good tho
Maybe the Director's Cut romhack by the guy who originally made the game is, but in its default state, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'll be fair though, it's been something close to 20 years since I last played that game, so I don't even really remember what I don't like about it.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

"Shadow's Entourage" was magical. :allears:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

It's 2018, with a new Bomberman, and Thorn still proves to be the biggest hazard to himself.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Sonic 06; the game so bad, it retcons itself.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

A couple of things I mentioned during the stream that I don't know if you saw; first, you don't actually have to pick up all of the drops (weapons, materials, Rupees, etc) - anything useful is automatically collected at the end of a stage. The only things that need to be picked up are temporary power-ups, such as Hearts, Force Fragments, or Magic Jars. Also, Focus Spirit can open boss weak point gauges if you use your finisher (it replaces the Warrior Special when in Focus Spirit), which can help if a giant monster is being stubborn and just will not use the attack you need to get its weak point.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Jade Rider posted:

The Hyrule Warriors LP inspired me to pick it up for myself. I'm having a great time with it so far, a few missions past the last episode.
Even though I'm personally a bigger fan of Fire Emblem Warriors, it's definitely one of the better Warriors games. Probably in the #2 spot for me.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ThornBrain posted:

Hyrule Warriors

Stream 2 begins with proper audio editing, Brother!

Glad to hear. Fair warning: Adventure Mode is a real kick in the pants, but the Great Sea map is relatively easy, even before you get the hammer. Despite what I say in today's part, you can do the other Adventure maps whenever; they just recommend you get the hammer, since it's a weakness of the Wind Waker enemies.
Fun fact: In the original Wii U version, that nameless fairy in the cutscene before the Death Mountain level was named Navi. I think that was a change made by the US localizers, though, and the European and Japanese versions were the same as Definitive.

Impa, that's very rude.

Commander Keene fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 29, 2019

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ThornBrain posted:

Hyrule Warriors

Zelda's mean to her troops. :(
Re: Sheik's elemental attacks:
Personally, I think Water is the best element, followed by Fire and Shadow. The Lightning one is fun (and great in "all attacks are devastating" Adventure Mode stages, though Water is still king even there), but it can make it more difficult to combo, and frequently ends up juggling corpses, which prevents new enemies from spawning in.

Water, on the other hand, just straight-up makes Sheik invulnerable for a certain number of attacks. She takes no damage. This is a lifesaver in Adventure Mode stages where you can only survive two hits period, and useful in other modes because Sheik doesn't even enter hitstun with the water barrier on. And it's the only one of Sheik's Strong Attacks without a defined duration; it lasts until it's taken enough hits to break. In the Wii U version, I'm pretty sure it even prevented status effects, like the stun on Gibdos/ReDead Knights. Fire and Shadow can be placed to help shred boss weak point gauges, and Shadow's area of effect helps clear keeps.

Yoshi jokes about the Training Dojo, but it's definitely one of the best additions to the Warriors series since they changed it from a fighting game.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

GamesAreSupernice posted:

One spear is good for one stabby, two spears is good for two stabbies.
The Lloyd Irving school of thought in a nutshell.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Pretty much all I remember about Sengoku Basara from the PSP game I played years ago (might also have been in Japanese) is that Date has a super mode where he wields like 8 or 10 swords and Tadakatsu Honda is a mech of some sort.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ThornBrain posted:

Hyrule Warriors

At least there's Ghirahim.
I like how Fi basically says "You're not the right Link, but you're a Link, so you'll do for now."

The Hard difficulty skulltula for this stage is absolute bullshit, let me tell you. You have to keep Fi above 50% health until you use the Fairy Fountain to shock Volga. Fi is made of tissue paper and folds the instant Volga gives her a mean look, especially post-powerup. You have to babysit her the entire time and make sure nothing gets to so much as look at her, while also dealing with the side missions (like Girahim). The one time I managed to do it, I was playing with the Master Sword which is technically a different weapon from the Sword and Shield required for the stage, so it didn't count. :argh: I didn't have this much trouble on the Wii U version, so I dunno what changed.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ThornBrain posted:

Hyrule Warriors

Can't get enough Ghirahim or Linkle, so we put them together.
So it seems you consider Cia's death to be the end of the game's "plot". Does that mean you're not planning to cover the villain or Wind Waker plotlines in the LP?

I like the idea of fairy names being normal English names, just with one letter exchanged for something else.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ThornBrain posted:

Hyrule Warriors

Linkle returns, as does Midna's true form, both of whom kick a lot of rear end. Or slap it, in Midna's case.

Also, I did a blind livestream of Cadence of Hyrule with Jacob, which started rough before I really got into it half an hour or so in. I get about halfway through a Zelda run before the end, and I'm planning to stream the second half soon.

I think the "Squeaky hammer" noise you comment on in Twili Midna's attack string are actually her battle cries.

You seem to forget about the Ocarina pretty often, despite going out of your way to activate the owl statues. Warping can save you a lot of running through empty space with nothing to kill. The Messenger mission could have been resolved if you'd switched to Linkle and warped to the Allied Base.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ThornBrain posted:

Hyrule Warriors

Let's get to know the pros and cons of playing the Great Fairy while beating Cia for the last time.
Yeah, Great Fairy is kinda bad as a moveset. She's absolutely huge, so an enemy attacking her from another zip code can disrupt her combos, her precision is poo poo, and IIRC Jacob is correct in that every character moves at the same speed (yes, even Link's Horse moveset), so she can't even outrun anyone. That said, I think it's great that they made a moveset for her, I just don't like how it turned out.

Jacob mentions equipping the Great Fairy on other characters, and that was actually possible for a while in the original Wii U version of the game. There was a glitch early on that allowed you to swap weapons between characters who had more than one. So there are videos out there of Link dancing around like Lana using the Book or Spear movesets, Zelda in the Great Fairy's bottle, etc.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Actually, it's not just Link's YYX combo that shoots Sword Beams at full health with the Master Sword. His YX combo and pressing Y in midair also both shoot Sword Beams.

Ganon in this game is kinda annoying IMO, because switching between items is a bit clunky, especially in the middle of combat. Frequently by the time you've figured out what he's doing, your window of opportunity to attack has closed.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ThornBrain posted:

Final part of Dream Course sees a last minute upset! Because I was quietly passing out in my chair. It'd been a long stream.
That one stage with all the spikes looked like rear end to play. Gordo didn't exactly put his best... foot... spine... whatever, forward.

Jacob complains that he never wins a dice roll, then wins the last one when you accidentally enter a game you're not going to play. Priceless.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Volga goes full dragon for his... I want to say C6 (YYYYYX under Warriors control scheme), where he does the dragon dive attack you see when fighting him, and also his Focus Spirit finisher, where he does a fire tornado that I think uses the same animation as the "ring around the rosies" in his victory animation.

I love how you have Wizzro go over to his treasure chest in both stages and then completely forget to switch to him to collect it once he gets there.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Contrary to what Jacob says in the video, we did get the normal New 3DS outside Japan. There were a few limited releases of that 3DS with bundled software and specific faceplates. There was an Animal Crossing bundle, a bundle with one of the 3DS Mario games, and a bundle with Pokemon Red/Blue.

The Hammer's design in Hyrule Warriors is a reference to the Magic Hammer from Link to the Past.

Fortunately Lizard Wizard has already beaten Yoshi to the punch on a LP of Neopets (or at least the PS2 game).

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I had a lot of trouble understanding what Solitaire was saying; their volume seemed oddly low compared to the other two.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

CirclMastr posted:

Fallout 4

Never Leave Sanctuary - Episode 20 is where things start to get ugly. But it's all in service of protecting my stuff from theft.
I vote for fighting bigger creatures. Yeah, people with weapons and armor probably drop more money/vendor trash, but you've already got more than you need, so just work your way up to deathclaws is what I say.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

You could turn the now-empty Bar Quarter into an arboretum (full of happy little bushes) to keep its general purpose the same.

Also, absolutely turn off quest markers and wander blindly. If you find quests, try to do them, but keep those markers off.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

One thing I remember about watching my brother play one of the Dead Space games (I don't remember which one) was him shooting/stomping random corpses to pieces because most of them were monsters.

I've never played a Fallout game so I don't know much about them specifically, but you're probably getting a lot of legendary/named enemies because you're level 50 and the level scaling algorithm has decided that these are the only real appropriate foes for you to face. Considering you're largely one-shotting even these guys, the algorithm may need to up its game.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Man, Mr. Abernathy sure was happy to see that pendant returned. Either that or some goon in power armor with a shotgun showed up in his house in the middle of the night and screamed "HEY MR. ABERNATHY CHECK THIS OUT!" right by his bedside.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Man, all that talk about the McDonald's Happy Meal toys made me feel old, because my answer to that question would have been the Super Mario Bros 3 toys back in 1990. I was six at the time. I think between me and my brothers we got all four of the toys. We had them for years afterwards.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

At least you guys didn't encounter this glitch while playing the game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Goddrat is Nana's walk cycle super loving weird. She looks like she's got a limp more often than not.

Maybe she hurt herself killing Max? :shrug: