Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Favorite part is Dalaran is a floating city already as a retcon most likely because "it's cooler."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Using full CG for humans in a non-kids movie seems to be kind of a no-no in Hollywood so I can understand why they didn't do it. I can't even remember the last movie that attempted it. Beowulf?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If you think people would go and see a fully CGI Warcraft movie you're delusional.

Also, not sure if there will be Draenei characters, but in the leaked comicon footage there's a scene where Gul'dan has shoveled a few hundred of them into the dark portal to power it.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 247 days!
I'm glad Hollywood is finally tackling thew challenges posed to America by the "green tide" of Orcish immigration.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
You joke but that will be an actual salon article next year

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

CJ posted:

If you think people would go and see a fully CGI Warcraft movie you're delusional.

Also, not sure if there will be Draenei characters, but in the leaked comicon footage there's a scene where Gul'dan has shoveled a few hundred of them into the dark portal to power it.

The same people who are going to see this garbage would also go see a full CGI movie. So I'm not really sure what audience they are losing out on either way.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Shoulder pads look appropriately huge, seems close enough to the source material. That cast list is pretty C-list though, aside from Clancy Brown and Dominic Cooper, who aren't really hosuehold names themselves.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Lurdiak posted:

I've been playing Warcraft and Blizzard games since the mid-90s, and the only thing I could call well-written in the entire affair is this weird story about this noble scholar who wanted to gently caress an underage girl and ended up violently killing her and her family, and it has nothing to do with anything and the entire quest chain feels completely out of place in the game.

what where

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I wonder if this movie will keep Warcraft's almost Epic Movie levels of pop culture references. You know, stuff like the Horde questgiver being a skull-faced guy and his Alliance counterpart is a shirtless man named "Adam Eternal".

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

I wonder if this movie will keep Warcraft's almost Epic Movie levels of pop culture references. You know, stuff like the Horde questgiver being a skull-faced guy and his Alliance counterpart is a shirtless man named "Adam Eternal".

Warcraft II playable character Zul'jin was defeated by "Budd Nedreck" and archaeologist "Harrison Jones".

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Going full camp would actually be the best solution.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Trailer suggests they abandoned all of that to be Super Serious Fantasy movie

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

mike12345 posted:

what where

I couldn't find a site where all his diaries are collected so here watch this lovely LP of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ieiNiK4DA

E: lmao this guy pronounces so many words wrong

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I couldn't find a site where all his diaries are collected so here watch this lovely LP of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ieiNiK4DA

E: lmao this guy pronounces so many words wrong

Youtube posted:

I remember doing the Legend of Stalvan quest way back in 2007. Few WoW quests have touched me as deeply and emotionally as this quest chain did. You can really feel what's going on. My analysis of Stalvan is that he was a nerd in high school (or the equivalent of it back then), never got any pussy, but was nice about it, while on the inside, he was getting pissed. I guess they didn't have masturbating back when this quest took place.Anyway, he gets the teaching job with this family, and seeing this hot tight wet young teenager growing her boobs makes his balls start itching, and he thinks he's FINALLY on his way to getting some snap, then she blows him out of the water by showing up with her fiancé. And even though she didn't say it this way, her actions were the same to him as if she has said "What, you thought I LIKED you? LOL get away from me you nasty old pervert!".So he flipped out and killed the whole family for the lack of pussy.I was super disappointed when I saw the quest line had been changed, why would Blizzard even do that? Leave it alone! I hate how WoW has been dumbed down since 2011-2012 or so.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
wow i think i saw a black person in that trailer?!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

niethan posted:

with white or green makeup?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Makes u think.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

niethan posted:

You racist, those are orcs.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
There's a Sting joke on the tip of my tongue............ and he was in Dune... but I just can't......

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

mike12345 posted:

with white or green makeup?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Well technically she's half of a black person.

Ruth Negga is also Irish so she's Tulip in the Preacher TV series.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

The MSJ posted:

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

The MSJ posted:

Ruth Negga is also Irish so she's Tulip in the Preacher TV series.

Ooh my god is that still really a thing that's happening hahahahahha

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

porfiria posted:

I'd like to hear what some smart people think about the production design, because it looks not great. Like, clearly they were going for kind of the cartoony, exaggerated style you see in the games, but I feel like they should have split the difference here.

It looks like they've attempted to marry real-world-ish LOTR aesthetics to Warcraft's exaggerated proportions and colours. They're trying to please two masters and it rarely works. When the core design of a product is based off of a compromise, we have every right to suspect that this will be a compromised product.

I'm not predicting Dunan Jones returning for the sequel. It looks like this movie could evaporate all momentum he has after Moon and Source Code.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Harime Nui posted:

Ooh my god is that still really a thing that's happening hahahahahha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNgI2sRzr8I

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Reaction 1: What the gently caress that guy looks as much like Jesse Custer as I do

Reaction 2: Seriously Jesse is kind of seriously grounded in terrible 80's fashion as a major part of his character he's not a hipster

Reaction 3: Okay I do appreciate at least that no normie is even going to guess a billionth of what the series is loving about from this trailer which I assume is basically just all about one scene in like the first issue where Jesse beats up the local yokels in a bar?

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Nov 9, 2015

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

SRM posted:

Shoulder pads look appropriately huge, seems close enough to the source material.

This is all I really care about. I'm not too worried about the lovely look of the trailer, as I expect that for most of the movie things will be obscured by big-rear end pauldrons.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
No gently caress this stupid poo poo I want to talk about Preacher

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Did Preacher start out in the 90's? Odds are there are some decent shoulder pads to be had there.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Preacher is the most loving 90's thing ever, to the point where I don't believe it would translate well to young people in 2015, but not in the superficial ha ha shoulderpads bandolier pouches fade haircuit way I mean it's basically like you have to be at the point in your life where you think Penn Jillette is like this really smart insightful dude

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Like what if we just trusted people to be people, man....

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Is preacher an orc.

If he's not an orc I don't give a gently caress.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Look, I legit think Preacher was this amazing thing for its place and time; I read it when I was 16-17 and it was already an old series at that point. I can't imagine the collision of this thing and the hashtag age, people would be like, why is Jesse sexist to his girlfriend, what's this poo poo about cowboys who cares

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zug zug.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Lurdiak posted:

Is preacher an orc.

If he's not an orc I don't give a gently caress.

I don't think if orcs looked like that they'd be flexible enough to be feasible fighters; your thing is ruined sorry

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Harime Nui posted:

Look, I legit think Preacher was this amazing thing for its place and time; I read it when I was 16-17 and it was already an old series at that point. I can't imagine the collision of this thing and the hashtag age, people would be like, why is Jesse sexist to his girlfriend, what's this poo poo about cowboys who cares

Some of the ideas, like Arseface, were fun. Other than that the "philosophy" of the protagonists is dumb/juvenile as gently caress, it made me lose interest in non-indie comics & I kinda regret buying most of the issues.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It still works for me because the heroes are deeply flawed people and most of the series is actually sort of calling out how stupid Jesse's whole idea of "what men do" is but, if you faithfully translated the series now I think kids would scoff and be like "why's he gotta go after that guy lol what a dumb"

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kids like stupid poo poo thats not going to change because this generation uses twitter and says stuff like yolo

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

For example, kids still like the warcraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

For example, kids still like the warcraft.

Do they? I'm thinking that game is being kept afloat by mums and dads by now.

• Locked thread