Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Hungramps is in back alleys, he'll show up on your radar as an E ranked encounter in garbage piles. He loves plum riceballs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Gush is a regular walking encounter in the sewers, I think.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Just finished the demo. It's interesting, but...I'm not sure if it's super compelling? I feel like I'm missing some stuff that the full game explains better, is that accurate?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Fix posted:

Gush is a regular walking encounter in the sewers, I think.

Slush is the white droplet dude in the sewer.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Nuebot posted:

Slush is the white droplet dude in the sewer.

Quite right.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Gush was a huge pain in the rear end to get. He's "rare". I found him showing up as a D-rank search in the sewers, and you'll either find him or Hurchin with the searches.

Considering I have to encounter things 15 times to get them to befriend me, even giving them their favorite that will make them like you "a ton", it's quite difficult.

There are other rare ones that show up in certain areas, like Agon sometimes being a walk-around guy in the abandoned caves. Same with Noko and that area next to the temple.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Lizard Wizard posted:

Just finished the demo. It's interesting, but...I'm not sure if it's super compelling? I feel like I'm missing some stuff that the full game explains better, is that accurate?

The demo's not very representative of the full gameplay loop, I felt. In the real game, you're initiating encounters by searching in trees and garbage cans and stuff, you have the ability to use items, and your party doesn't full-heal and recharge after every encounter. After the first couple chapters, the world is also just crawling with little side quests that you can hammer out in a few minutes for bonus XP and cash money. My 10 year-old protagonist is running around town with like $300 in his pocket right now from doing good deeds and kicking ghost asses.

e: I'm pissed I didn't wait to fuse Jibanyan to get that amazing delinquent cat. I fused him with that sea urchin thing that makes you cough, so now he's green and spiky.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
yeah the only actual fusions for jibanyan are with roughraff and coughkoff. i dunno where you get the robot ones.

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

They come from coins only I think.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Inflammatory posted:

yeah the only actual fusions for jibanyan are with roughraff and coughkoff. i dunno where you get the robot ones.

Robonyan can be found in the construction site as a search encounter. Gold Robonyan I think you actually do need to get from the machine

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The map is killing me. Are there any good maps online? I can't find any. Trying to find Roughraff, but can't even find Desolate Lane in Uptown Springdale...

Edit: found it; it's up near the Mount Wildwood entrance. I figured it'd be behind the convenience store or something. I might actually buy the guide for this game. The first guide I'll ever buy, on a game for Japanese babby...

enojy fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 10, 2015

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

enojy posted:

The map is killing me. Are there any good maps online? I can't find any. Trying to find Roughraff, but can't even find Desolate Lane in Uptown Springdale...

Edit: found it; it's up near the Mount Wildwood entrance. I figured it'd be behind the convenience store or something. I might actually buy the guide for this game. The first guide I'll ever buy, on a game for Japanese babby...

This was posted earlier: http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/yokaiwatch.gamepedia.com/7/76/World_Map.png

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell
Ugh, Crank-A-Kai has been just awful the past two days. I got three items and no yo-kai yesterday, then today I got an item off a 5-star coin, a rank-C yo-kai off an exciting coin, and another items off a pink coin.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think I am possibly the luckiest guy with Crank-A-Kai I got this friendly girl off a Pink Coin and a black capsule came out.

Damona she is S Rank so I am kind of really happy.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
the only yokai i've gotten from a coin was a loving negatibuzz.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I've gotten as high as A-rank with the Kabuki-themed Sushiyama dude. I really want the S-rank Rare Slippery type, but I know gunning for a specific one is bad. But at some point I will be hunting down the bugs I need to trade for more of those light-blue coins...

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Aw poo poo. Those are actually scans from the guide, which is pretty nice (and comes with the eGuide version for free) but man, $25 is loving steep when the game is hardly any more expensive than that.

If anyone wants to do a bad thing and gently caress up some kid's Christmas, the code for the eGuide is in plain sight on the first page of the physical guide. You can just snap a pic and slink out of the store yo-kai made me do it

enojy fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 10, 2015

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think I am possibly the luckiest guy with Crank-A-Kai I got this friendly girl off a Pink Coin and a black capsule came out.

Damona she is S Rank so I am kind of really happy.

Where did you even get a pink coin? I've been getting nothing but greens and blues

also that yokai can't be gotten any other way other than the machine so grats.

(also insanely jealous)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gloomy Rube posted:

Where did you even get a pink coin? I've been getting nothing but greens and blues

also that yokai can't be gotten any other way other than the machine so grats.

(also insanely jealous)

I don't think Pink Coins are any rarer then Green and Blue coins, I just got one. Each one just focuses on one of the tribes. Pink Coins give you Charming Yo-Kai or Drink foods.

Blackfish
Sep 12, 2007

we have to be prepared to smoke a thousand joints before our quest is complete
I got several pink coins from the QR codes that are floating around. Today I got Neighfarious, Frostail, and Nagatha from the gatcha, pretty lucky!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

How does the whole QR code thing work again?

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Speaking of coins, I got some treats here.

Looks like they're slipping a QR code at the end of each episode of the dubbed anime on youtube. Each episode is only on YT for a week so here's the QRs from episodes 2, 4, and 5. You can activate a QR reader mode in piggleston bank to claim a coin from each of these.

And here is a code specifically for an Excitement coin, apparently from some Nintendo World promotion. You can claim this at the post office: TW0B1T5

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008
Can you change a Yo-Kai's nickname after you've already given them one or are you boned if you gave them a stupid name?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

EndTask posted:

Can you change a Yo-Kai's nickname after you've already given them one or are you boned if you gave them a stupid name?

there's a wazzat in the office building in downtown that can change them for you. if you don't know where that is then you probably need to progress more.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I got a sentient butt from the machine, called "Cuttincheez". I love this game.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The Silver Snail posted:

Speaking of coins, I got some treats here.

Looks like they're slipping a QR code at the end of each episode of the dubbed anime on youtube. Each episode is only on YT for a week so here's the QRs from episodes 2, 4, and 5. You can activate a QR reader mode in piggleston bank to claim a coin from each of these.

And here is a code specifically for an Excitement coin, apparently from some Nintendo World promotion. You can claim this at the post office: TW0B1T5

Thanks. I wasn't going to "cheat" at first but gently caress it.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Another Password: "Thank you" gives you a 5-star coin.

Anybody have a list of where the different Watch Rank gates are? I'm currently B and sort of exploring.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Here's a god drat reddit link with more passwords and QR codes: https://www.reddit.com/r/yokaiwatch/comments/3ryzna/updating_list_of_qr_codes/

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Does anyone know where one might find the Azure Dragon Yo-kai? I love the design of Dragon Lord, and I'd like to recruit his brother or whatever it is.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Alxprit posted:

Does anyone know where one might find the Azure Dragon Yo-kai? I love the design of Dragon Lord, and I'd like to recruit his brother or whatever it is.

You can only find him in (mild endgame spoiler)Infinite Inferno, a post-game dungeon you can unlock after beating the game.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Neeksy posted:

Gush was a huge pain in the rear end to get. He's "rare". I found him showing up as a D-rank search in the sewers, and you'll either find him or Hurchin with the searches.

Considering I have to encounter things 15 times to get them to befriend me, even giving them their favorite that will make them like you "a ton", it's quite difficult.

There are other rare ones that show up in certain areas, like Agon sometimes being a walk-around guy in the abandoned caves. Same with Noko and that area next to the temple.

I found one in the sewer instead of Hurchin too. I got mine the first time luckily. Also he's really strong. If it matters any, it was at night. I couldn't find any D ranked encounters there during the day, that might have just been bad luck.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

enojy posted:

You can only find him in (mild endgame spoiler)Infinite Inferno, a post-game dungeon you can unlock after beating the game.

How far would I need to go down? Is it rare? No, of course it's rare, all of those palette swaps are... dang it. Can I at least see it on the overworld?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Alxprit posted:

How far would I need to go down? Is it rare? No, of course it's rare, all of those palette swaps are... dang it. Can I at least see it on the overworld?

yeah i'm pretty sure rares are identifiable on the field.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Gonna have to ask again, is there any way to get more jibanyans or reverse fusion? Because I don't want to make one fusion and regret it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Apparently the endgame dungeon (one of them? Not there yet so no clue what the endgame is like) has Jibanyans in it. No idea how rare or difficult or whatever but yea, no worries if you fused or something you can get the other fusion and evolution just fine.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Apparently the endgame dungeon (one of them? Not there yet so no clue what the endgame is like) has Jibanyans in it. No idea how rare or difficult or whatever but yea, no worries if you fused or something you can get the other fusion and evolution just fine.

Apparently the Post Game stuff is actually really hard and requires system mastery and really good Yo-Kai Teams.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What the gently caress, don't tell people to steal poo poo.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I think I just accidentally ran into an optional boss and jesus christ it's a beast. It's like a worse version of the Son of Sun fight from Chrono Trigger.

also in the museum some people mentioned an abandoned house, and it seems to have unlocked something, but I can't figure out what. The overgrown house in the mountain didn't have anything, and the mansion with the tattletells, etc. wasn't different, either.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

What about the empty house behind a locked gate in the section of town where the watch store is? It's like next to the shrine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

So I'm curious. Did they do anything to the festival scene at the shinto shrine where everyone's dressed in yukata, or did they leave it alone as part of the "this is way way way way more Japan than Phoenix Wright at its worst and yet we're still pretending it's America" deal?

• Locked thread