Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
So, does wearing the Yokai Watch cause the player character to become something like a youkai themselves? He's obviously not able to walk past those watch-rank seals, which normal people seem to be able to walk through just fine. By upgrading his watch more and more, are we slowly robbing the player character of their humanity, until all they have left in their life is being a weirdo urban Gargamel who spends all day yelling at invisible monsters that live under vending machines?

:ohdear: Nate, hanging out with Whisper is not going to help you get a G.E.D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got the loving Kyubi palette swap from the crank machine, Frostail...
...why level 1, why...

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Alxprit posted:

I got the loving Kyubi palette swap from the crank machine, Frostail...
...why level 1, why...

Honestly, it's really easy to level things really fast in the post-game. clearing the infinite inferno takes like 30 minutes and every boss gives gobs of experience. You get a bunch of easy Terror Times too

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

BougieBitch posted:

Honestly, it's really easy to level things really fast in the post-game. clearing the infinite inferno takes like 30 minutes and every boss gives gobs of experience. You get a bunch of easy Terror Times too

So after you beat it you can do it repeatedly? Hell, that sounds pretty handy.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i can almost never find the chests in terror time, and the boss always kicks my rear end.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm still not entirely sure what I'm doing post game wise but I just beat the heck out of that dumb ice girl and now I have a dumb ice girl of my own so I'm happy

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

HelloWinter posted:

I recently upgraded my watch to an A rank for kicks, and as I was looking for the rare Slacka-slash roaming around the construction site, I've encountered my first A rank encounter in a nearby trash can. It was Robonyan. I wasn't prepared for how nasty he was to fight, but I somehow got him to be my friend during that same encounter. Dang, this thing's a powerhouse!!
Just as a silly followup, I used the crank-a-kai today and got Goldenyan... My day is full of cat robots.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm still not entirely sure what I'm doing post game wise but I just beat the heck out of that dumb ice girl and now I have a dumb ice girl of my own so I'm happy

Which one. Frostina or Blizzara.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I really wish there was a better list of yokai locations, as well as the spawning locations for the rare location-based ones. Usually you can find an entrance/exit to come in and out of to see if it's there, but figuring out which one is the hard part.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Neeksy posted:

I really wish there was a better list of yokai locations, as well as the spawning locations for the rare location-based ones. Usually you can find an entrance/exit to come in and out of to see if it's there, but figuring out which one is the hard part.

Someone posted the prima guide maps somewhere on reddit, if you already know more or less where you are looking you can get a good idea of where you need to be specifically. What ones specifically are you having trouble with?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Looks like in order to earn the right to do the quest to get Kyubi in your party you have to get some randomly dropping items from some Yo-kai for three other quests that you might have come across (Shoten Temple grave, Shrine behind the Waterfall, and Rugged Path spooks). And you need a rare item for him, too. I'll just keep Frostail for the time being, haha.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Alxprit posted:

Looks like in order to earn the right to do the quest to get Kyubi in your party you have to get some randomly dropping items from some Yo-kai for three other quests that you might have come across (Shoten Temple grave, Shrine behind the Waterfall, and Rugged Path spooks). And you need a rare item for him, too. I'll just keep Frostail for the time being, haha.

I did that stuff, and it was the biggest slog I undertook in the game to date. I dunno if all three items have the same drop rate or not, but one of them is from Mama Aura in Infinite Inferno, and that was like four hours worth of climbing up and down a ladder to get her stupid fat rare rear end to spawn, and then praying she dropped the god drat GOLDEN loving TOFU THANK GOD IM OUTTA HERE

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

enojy posted:

I did that stuff, and it was the biggest slog I undertook in the game to date. I dunno if all three items have the same drop rate or not, but one of them is from Mama Aura in Infinite Inferno, and that was like four hours worth of climbing up and down a ladder to get her stupid fat rare rear end to spawn, and then praying she dropped the god drat GOLDEN loving TOFU THANK GOD IM OUTTA HERE

I've been deliberately waiting because I want to soft-reset for good stats at some point, and I ended up with the tofu by accident before I even knew what it was for haha

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

I finally got the best Yokai, Dandoodle. Not only does his Soultimate heal the front row fully but he also has the popularity skill and is fabulous. Eerie Yokai is the best tribe.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

RedRupee posted:

I finally got the best Yokai, Dandoodle. Not only does his Soultimate heal the front row fully but he also has the popularity skill and is fabulous. Eerie Yokai is the best tribe.

i'm trying to get him but skreek keeps being an rear end in a top hat.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I started to watch Yo Kai today and I think the show convinced me to get the game

Also I think I found my favorite Yo Kai

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 20, 2015

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

i'm trying to get him but skreek keeps being an rear end in a top hat.

Yeah I feel that. It took me about a week to get Skreek and the final day I just decided to reset the fight until she finally befriended me.

As an aside has anyone else noticed that this game seems to prefer positive inspirits over negative ones? Like against random mobs it's fine but bosses seem to have a huge amount of inspirit resistance and will purify inspirits almost immediately.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How do I beat the Doctor in infinite inferno? This is legit making me go nuts as I've been fighting him for 30+ minutes. He just keeps instant healing himself the second he gets to 25% and I have literally no time to cut it off nor do I know if there is a way. He isn't actually hard, he's just really goddamn annoying at this point.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How do I beat the Doctor in infinite inferno? This is legit making me go nuts as I've been fighting him for 30+ minutes. He just keeps instant healing himself the second he gets to 25% and I have literally no time to cut it off nor do I know if there is a way. He isn't actually hard, he's just really goddamn annoying at this point.

As he attacks you little hearts appear around the battlefield. Hit them with your target marker and that'll stop him from healing himself.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Alxprit posted:

As he attacks you little hearts appear around the battlefield. Hit them with your target marker and that'll stop him from healing himself.

Oh huh, thought those were just decoration.

Was that a thing in his original fight?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Yeah, it was.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Alxprit posted:

Yeah, it was.

Well dang, just kinda slapped him around and overpowered it. Originally I figured that's why he didn't have much HP.

Also any advice on the ~secret final boss~? He kinda seems to get like 4 turns in a row and spends all of them nuking my entire party. I don't have any revive items as the only way to get them as far as I know is the Jungle Hunter thing and he seems just kind of unfair.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Well dang, just kinda slapped him around and overpowered it. Originally I figured that's why he didn't have much HP.

Also any advice on the ~secret final boss~? He kinda seems to get like 4 turns in a row and spends all of them nuking my entire party. I don't have any revive items as the only way to get them as far as I know is the Jungle Hunter thing and he seems just kind of unfair.

As far as staying alive, there's no real strategy, it's just a level/defense check. You gotta be able to take those consecutive hits without dying. I tried him once in the 60's and got wiped out pretty quick, then again in the 70's and was able to keep the fight going. Other than that, the only thing to note is he's immune to physical when his eyes are red, and immune to magic when his eyes are blue.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

That fight was really awful for my phys-only party. He kept using Change really early after swapping to blue and refused to use Change for ages while red. Made me finally understand why a balanced party would be worth it rather than mostly a bunch of Brave stuff.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

enojy posted:

As far as staying alive, there's no real strategy, it's just a level/defense check. You gotta be able to take those consecutive hits without dying. I tried him once in the 60's and got wiped out pretty quick, then again in the 70's and was able to keep the fight going. Other than that, the only thing to note is he's immune to physical when his eyes are red, and immune to magic when his eyes are blue.

Fair enough, my level 40-60 guys got him to 30% or so before I died but I just couldn't keep up. I had the Aunt Yo-Kai reviving the crew with her soultimate move and the rest of my dudes could take a few hits pretty well but yeah, the status effects would get spammed so quickly juggling healing and curing was too much.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I don't have any revive items as the only way to get them as far as I know is the Jungle Hunter thing and he seems just kind of unfair.

You can also get them from the not-abandoned hospital at night.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Where do I find the quest to get Chansin's sword?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Should be given by a guy standing in front of the Old Mansion in the Blossom Heights area.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just kinda slapped the secret super boss and was told there was more content

Is there actually more or does it just mean I'm just at the "collect whatever" stage?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I just kinda slapped the secret super boss and was told there was more content

Is there actually more or does it just mean I'm just at the "collect whatever" stage?

There's five world bosses you can fight and recruit, but if you're at the level of plowing through the Infinite Inferno boss then those five might as well just be catch em all types.

Besides that, the three Terror Time bosses are out there. I haven't tried the final form one, but it might just be the hardest boss in the game. There's some YouTube video of a Japanese guy fighting it at level 99 and still getting his youkai knocked out in the fight.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
who/where are the five world bosses, i've only found skreek and corptain.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Inflammatory posted:

who/where are the five world bosses, i've only found skreek and corptain.

There's one from crossing the street without using the signal too many times in succession, one in Yo-Kai World's Hungry Pass through the S gate (Grainpa, by the little gingerbread house) and one in the center of the sewer system, after you throw all three levers to open the gate.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Was running around with a kinda trash party and got caught in terror time by the blue oni. I got trapped by a "you can't go this way" message I wasn't expecting and got thrust into a fight with it and somehow won.

The team as a level 49 Sheen, 74 Shogunyan, 70 Auntie Aura, 20 bloomineko, 30 Casunuva, and 48 Reunknight or whatever. Reeeally don't feel like I should of won that.

Edit: One chest had a item called Venoct Aura, it's not in my items though at all?

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Nov 29, 2015

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

Venoct Aura should be in your fusable items. If you can't find it just go to Shoten Temple and it'll be in your list there. It fuses with some glove you also find in terror time and becomes a "Venoct gauntlet" that gives you recharging soultimate meter.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Was running around with a kinda trash party and got caught in terror time by the blue oni. I got trapped by a "you can't go this way" message I wasn't expecting and got thrust into a fight with it and somehow won.

The team as a level 49 Sheen, 74 Shogunyan, 70 Auntie Aura, 20 bloomineko, 30 Casunuva, and 48 Reunknight or whatever. Reeeally don't feel like I should of won that.

Edit: One chest had a item called Venoct Aura, it's not in my items though at all?

The blue one actually isn't bad, so long as something on your team resists water enough to make waterfall moot or has the crazy high physical defense to disregard the regular attacks. All the oni are sort of like that since the regular attacks are single-target.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ah well, I felt happy enough with it as my team was just a mangle of whatever :v:

Trying to at least get the legendary pages or at least some of them and noticed I needed one of the castle dudes. I had a 3 and a 2 so figured I'd just go get a 3 and fuse it up to 1 and then do whatever is needed from there. While grinding out a second 3 I found a robot cat and I want it :allears:

Is there a fast way to leave/re-enter to get the radar to blip? It just happened while I was climbing to the 3rd floor but it feels kinda slow.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Ah well, I felt happy enough with it as my team was just a mangle of whatever :v:

Trying to at least get the legendary pages or at least some of them and noticed I needed one of the castle dudes. I had a 3 and a 2 so figured I'd just go get a 3 and fuse it up to 1 and then do whatever is needed from there. While grinding out a second 3 I found a robot cat and I want it :allears:

Is there a fast way to leave/re-enter to get the radar to blip? It just happened while I was climbing to the 3rd floor but it feels kinda slow.

It's actually pretty common as an encounter, it appears in every searchable spot in the area, so you can change scenes any way you want to get it to appear

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Jesus I really loving hate this 'get sucked into black and white world where a fat red rear end in a top hat chases you' poo poo. It always happens when I'm in the middle of anything, and it's always an underwhelming and unwelcome interruption. I'm not far into the game- is there any way I can opt out of this bullshit happening in the future?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

5er posted:

Jesus I really loving hate this 'get sucked into black and white world where a fat red rear end in a top hat chases you' poo poo. It always happens when I'm in the middle of anything, and it's always an underwhelming and unwelcome interruption. I'm not far into the game- is there any way I can opt out of this bullshit happening in the future?

Nope, but it doesn't happen all that often. Just run straight to the exit. It's not worth getting the chests anyway. Apparently the contents of them change for the better once you beat the game, but they're still not worth grabbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

I just got a Damona off of one of the shitload of pink coins I got from the big password / QR code list that can be found on reddit. One holy exporb, and personality adjustment to Stiff and Logical later, and she's a marvel.

• Locked thread