Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
:)

A Tales From the Borderlands lp!

This game is fantastic, just pure unadulterated fun all around. I finished playing this game two weeks ago and I still grin when I think about and am already working my way through my second playthrough. If someone wanted me to recommend just one Telltale game for them to play, I would honestly be torn to pick between this and the Walking Dead Season 1, if anything, I'd ere more to this game. If you ever see it on a steam sale or just want to play something fun, play this!

Machine Gun and Rocket Launchers FTW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Warn Him

Also I'm so glad to see so many people enjoying this game, I know a lot of people have said it, but I think this is one of telltales finest products, hell I'll even say that I believe it it the best they've made, even better than the Walking Dead Season 1. While TWD did a good job taking you on the magic feel bus, it definitely had some peaks and troughs in terms of quality and the ability to deliver on its emotional impacts. TFTB on the other hand, at least to me, has one consistent premise, which it sticks to well and really develops its group of characters. When it comes to the choices, both games make enough "impact" choices to make things interesting, but I think Tales gets points for making the "non-impact" choices more fun an engaging than TWD. The "Blow his Mind v.s Break his Heart choice" and picking Loader Bots loadout being a great example of this for Tales.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
:golfclap:

So one episode down, four more to go. Anyone whose never played, you're in for a real treat.

I remember when this game first came out, it had been preempted by the Telltale Game of Thrones game which I'd bought entirely when it came out...If I can say one thing its that what Tales from the Borderlands gets right and comes together to make a fantastic game and Telltale experience, the Game of Thrones game does not.

So when this game came out, I'd been a little burned by Telltale, so I watched the first episode on YouTube and though, "okay, this looks fantastic, but I'm still cautious" So once episode 2 was released I watched another YouTube video of it...And after seeing the opening sequence of Episode 2 of this game, I was hooked, I stopped YouTube, bought the game and then furiously played the first two episodes and then sat on pins and needles for the remaining episodes to get released. Once Kaubocks releases that episode I think you'll all see why.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Trust Fiona!

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
I stand by our choice, though we should all pour one out for our lost homie.

Make her head spin

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

:perfect:

Ah Episode 3 :allears: As you all might recall I mentioned how Episode 1 reeled me in, but it took Episode 2 to sell me on this being a solid series from Telltale rather than having just 1 good episode (again I was coming off GOT being meh). Episode 3 though is what made me realize that this was a something really special. Like others have said, Gortys was a wonderful introduction to the cast, a kind of innocence we really don't see in Borderlands, but coming across with that rare combination of cuteness and naivety that doesn't bug players. Athena joining the group and her interaction with everyone was well handled by Telltale in this game (again, as opposed to GoT and its canon characters).

Finally this title card is my favorite. true it doesn't quite have the "action" oomph of the previous ones and while the later ones are also fantastic, this one to me really did two things well. A. It establishes character building moments in an efficient 2 minute package that feels organic to the story and 2. It reinforces that with Telltale games, its really the characters that are most important. They bring the life to the story and well made characters can say a lot without speaking at all.

anyways, enough rambling Work with Jack!

Jimmy4400nav fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Feb 1, 2016

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Eyeballs? not weird at all!

Funicular all the way!

Spare the old man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Hats off Kaubocks for the fantastic lets play. Like you I played a ton of the games the year this came out and I agree, its still one of my favorites, threre's just something about it that makes me break out into a smile whenever I think about all the fun zanniness that takes place. The charters, the action , it all came together so well. Favorite moment has to be the Power Rangers/Voltron style end boss by far, the second I saw that I couldn't help but laugh.

Well, now I've been inspired to play through again, so thank you for the motivation :)

• Locked thread