Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Machine Gun and Grenades, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Let's go for Blowing Minds.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
"Tales from the Borderlands" really reminds me of "Fiasco", a storytelling game published by Bully Pulpit Games.

Each character in a Fiasco game is interconnected in some way to two other characters and has a certain desire that needs to be fulfilled or some object or location that they are attached to. As play proceeds, all the characters' simple plans collide into a colossal clusterfuck and hilarity ensues.

As we've already seen, that pretty much describes this series to a tee.

Oh, and take the shot.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
It's only Episode 1, and we don't want to blow through our cash so soon. Cheap out and get the Psycho Mask.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
When I played through "Tales", I played Rhys as being a little egotistical and naive(due to his sheltered life on Helios) but extremely loyal and protective of his friends. I figure if you could find a real friend in the shark-tank that is Hyperion, you'd treat said friend like gold.

Fiona, I felt, should be a bit more pragmatic and a little rough around the edges. She grew up on Pandora, after all, and is well aware of how crappy people can be. She can play nice if it gets her what she wants, but she will not hesitate to drop a fool who stands in her way.

Both characters changed during the story since it felt right for them to do so. That's what made "Tales" so awesome for me. It had flawed characters, but those flaws never made them intolerable and they could rise above them based on your choices. Well, that and the awesome music.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011

Crasical posted:

Touchgoal!

:colbert: Y'all better find some way to replace Fiona's hat.

Also, since it wasn't chosen/flashed by very quickly, there's an 'enhance!' option during the 'Loader bot, pull up!' scene, giving you the option to continue that running joke should you wish.

Pandoran gun nuts, can any of you identify that huge shotgun that Vallory executes Vasquez with?

The shotgun is the same one Vasquez pulled on Rhys and Vaughn in the desert. I think they called it the Conference Call?

It's kind of scarily impressive that Vallory just takes away the shotgun, kills Vasquez with it, and tosses it aside. She doesn't even try threatening Fiona and the others with it. She doesn't need to.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Fiona's discovery that she has "Sherlock Holmes Vision" is one of the cooler moments in this series.

Not that there aren't cool ones to come, of course.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
The finger-gun fight is hilarious, but also shows how sheltered and cut off from reality the people who work for Hyperion are.

On Helios, the guns are imaginary and no one really gets hurt.

On Pandora, the guns are real and people die.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Cassius, Felix and Zero, because they're the ones I didn't pick.

...what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Telltale Games has a retrospective for "Tales from the Borderlands" on Youtube. It's pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIMm0gN0H9c

• Locked thread