Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

DropsySufferer posted:

Can't she just rewind time again, call 911 and tell them Nathan has a gun and is shooting up the school? That would bring a couple SWAT teams down on him and correctly solve the problem. :colbert: But I'm guessing that won't be a choice I guess we'll have to settle for reporting Nathan.

That probably wouldn't save that girl's life though! Plus Max is a panicked 18 year old who just discovered her time powers, I doubt she's thinking super rationally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
I think we should Intervene! Who are we going to show this photograph to, anyway? At least if we intervene then we'll make Kate feel better.

It is pretty lame that this choice sort of asks us to ignore things that the game has taught us, but at least it tries to make it clear what the decision is really about. Then again we've really only been able to keep the photo op photos, which I guess the game sort of considers being outside of the actual timeline? Maybe it's best to think of those more as achievements then actual photos.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
I definitely think we should go with the options that make Chloe the happiest with us. I was a little more on the fence about it until someone pointed out that David has the entire house wired with cameras, so he probably finds out we were here even if we stay hidden. Teenagers don't really think rationally and Chloe's already pissed at Max so getting her to be super open and fill us in on as much as possible seems like the best bet!

Having said that this feels like the Kate decision: Round 2. We're basically choosing whether we want to support someone emotionally or gather evidence against David.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
I feel sort of bad for David because right now it really seems like all his behavior could be the result of a bad case of PTSD that he isn't getting any help for. Not that it excuses his behavior.

I eagerly await finding out in a later episode that he was never deployed and is just a huge dick for no reason.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Danaru posted:

I still don't think we should have taken the money, why would you write a false label on an envelope in your desk that can only be accessed if someone blows up your office door, then reverses time to teleport in?

If we robbed the disabled to give to a drug dealer who threatened to murder two high schoolers and probably murdered Rachel Amber, I'm going to be so smug about it later :colbert:

Counter-point: if the alcoholic principal of the school keeps suspicious envelopes stuffed with cash laying around in his office, it's pretty unlikely it was going to end up going towards anything important. I think it's most likely this is the donation that the Prescott family made the last time Nathan threw a desk across the room.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Captian Nuke posted:

Interesting.

Also wow is Chloe passive aggressive in that clip. She may be affecting a playful attitude throughout this section but she's clearly pissed if Max doesn't kiss her.

That's Our Chloe!

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Panzer Skank posted:

I largely agree with this, parts of it definitely feel overdone. I do strongly get the impression though that this is a guy who loves his own voice so much he gives monologues to himself while he jerks off. He probably gave a monologue to Chloe after he shot her. I can vividly imagine him giving a lengthy speech to Max while she's knocked out in the back seat of his car, driving to the dark room. On one hand, yeah it's exposition from the writer directly, but on the other hand a thought bubble appears over my head of him giving a fuckin hour long speech to Nathan's corpse while digging a grave for him.

I definitely agree. He's literally shown shouting at drugged Max while photographing her. It's disgusting but this is Jefferson's hobby and he's probably super excited to talk about it with someone that he thinks can understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Waffleman_ posted:

Either way, I feel people are getting a bit presumptuous in beginning to do postmortem judgement when we've only begun the last episode.

I think Kaubock's LP wrapping up, combined with the way this video ends is messing with people's heads a little.

• Locked thread