Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I'm pretty sure it's exactly three squares forward and vertically adjusted to land on a platform - if there's no platform three squares forward, you don't move. There's more complex logic to handle two or three vertically-stacked platforms, but I didn't experiment with it enough to know for sure what that is. Likewise spoilered in case that included the surprising thing you mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I'm pretty sure it's always two units per hit, but the enemies respawn a lot faster and get much harder to avoid or shoot, so it runs down pretty quickly.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I use the teleport liberally at this point, particularly since it will never dump you in a pit. It's not great for dodging, but you can take a number of hits and only one fall.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

At this point, most of the blocks are perfectly placed for teleporting, and you can move between the upper and lower levels in areas where the blocks are staggered. If you figure out how it works effectively, you can get around enemies pretty easily and be at no risk of falling. The problem is that when you get to the rare gaps that aren't one teleport wide, you'll puff into smoke in place and take the hits.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

Does this game have some sort of final boss battle or do you just have to go hand over the treasures you've collected and then you get a little fanfare?

You're thinking too optimistically.

• Locked thread