Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth


Scott 'Tens' Benson

"Zombies ain't loving real? You got loving green tinged people outside watching us that can't manage a door, a dude with a chunk bitten out who's only words were to not go outside, and loving gently caress meteors!" Scott exclaims, watching the door, and the oh god was he really thinking this? zombies. "Can we get the gently caress outta here? Drag what's his face the gently caress away and work on him somewhere else?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Lobby

Michael tries his best, but his best isn't good enough. At least not with the current tools and operating conditions. Fred begins choking on his own body fluids. Michael tries to aspirate the poor man, but Fred begins thrash around in a blind panic. Fred ruins Michael's efforts at helping him and then Fred reaches for this throat in a vain attempt to breathe again. He gets up takes a few steps and falls. Michael goes over to check on him, but the man is dead. The sudden movement of the man and the too quick death seems to indicate that something worse than a throat injury affected the man. The most likely candidate for what happened is a biological or chemical agent.

Dave finds that he doesn't remember the layout of the neighborhood. His best guess would be that the building backs up into an alley of some kind and the front of the building faces east. Also the direction of the explosion seems to have come from the east.

Hectorgrey, you still around?

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael Riggins

"God drat it, stay down," Michael says as Fred thrashes and breaks away from him. As he falls and hits the floor, Michael sighs, checking his pulse one last time. "He's gone," Michael says as he checks his watch, subconsciously noting the time. He turns to the others after a few moments. "Meteor strike doesn't quite make sense. Sure, I've heard they can cause an EMP, but something about Fred's movements there at the end...it didn't look like just blood loss and shock," he continues as he grabs some antiseptic from the trauma kit and starts cleaning Fred's blood off of his hands.

"I still think Mercy is our best next stop. It's fairly close, and I wouldn't mind getting Chad over there. Plus, I have some people I really need to get in touch with, and the Hospital is likely to be a better place for emergency organization anyway. Unless anyone else has any other ideas?" Michael asks, glancing uneasily toward the doors.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth


Scott 'Tens' Benson

"Go to a hospital? Motherfucker who just loving DIED told us not to go outside! And if that motherfucker stands back up, I am so loving putting a cap in his loving head, and then getting the gently caress outta this city."

Sorry for the slow posting, had a busy week. Finally have work again though. Scott's going to try and see any other exit, preferably ones that move him away from the glass doors, and nowhere close to Fred

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Still around. Sorry for taking so long; I was without a computer for significantly longer than I expected to be.

Edit: I only got my laptop back today - I have an exam in 7 hours or so, so I'll try and get an actual post done over the weekend.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael Riggins

"Can't loving stay here. There is no power, no lights, virtually no food. Plus, I've got people I need to check on. And Fred is dead. Dead men don't walk," Michael says, pointing at the newly fallen corpse.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Jonas Webb

Jonas sighs at the death of the security guard. As the doctor speaks, Jonas nods.

"Agreed. No point standing around here. We don't want to try pushing past that crowd either. Emergency exit is probably a better option," he says, motioning with his head to one of the emergency exits he had kept an eye out for earlier.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Lobby

The group along with the unconscious Chad goes to the doors at the back of the lobby. They move out of the sight of the crowd at the front of the building and into a windowless hall. The hallway is utilitarian. Its wide and looks like its been used to move stuff into the building. An elevator in the haul indicates its a cargo elevator. The group also passes by rooms marked maintenance and custodial. The hall leads them to a large room with a garage door next to a windowless door. The two doors presumably lead to an alleyway behind the building. Anyone exiting out of either of these doors wouldn't be seen from the front of the building.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth


Scott 'Tens' Benson

Scott stops at the maintenance room. Wouldn't a maintenance worker have a flashlight or something for in case something went wrong with the electrics? And there could be other tools in there too.

"Guys, hold up. What ya'll wanna bet there's gonna be some flashlights or some poo poo in here?"

Been working my rear end of at my new job, apologies for forgetting to post. 5am starts are not conductive to consciousness or memory.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael Riggins

"Makes sense," Michael says to Scott. "Though I doubt that door's unlocked, and I know I'm not kicking any doors in." Michael chuckles.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Dave Rheinman

"Look man, just find the back door. We need to get this guy some help, and I need to make sure my girlfriend is alright."

Can we just jump through looting a janitors closet and getting to the alleyway door, just to speed things up?

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael Riggins

"Closet's right there," Michael says, pointing while Dave comments. "But yeah, let's take a look at the door while Scott checks it out. Do we want to just poke a head out? Make sure no one's hiding out there?"

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Just to speed things up like FS asked, there's no problems opening up and going inside either the janitor's closet or the maintenance room.

Also in the immediate search, two flashlights are found in the maintenance room. If there's anything else anyone would like to look for, please ask.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth


Scott 'Tens' Benson

"Fuckin' told you so. Now let's get the gently caress outta here, aight?"

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael Riggins

"Excellent, hand one here," Michael says to Scott as he grabs a flashlight. "Alright, let's get going."

Michael pushes open the back door, poking his head out and shining the flashlight down the alley in both directions to make sure it's clear before directing the others to head outside.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Alley way

Michael opens the door and steps out to check things out. There is an open area just behind the building where deliveries can be made. The open area connects to an alley filled with several dumpsters. To his left walking into the alley from the street is a person covered in the green dust. Just as Michael spots the person, the person also notices Michael. The person begins to slowly walk towards the door.

The green dusted person is about 30 feet (10 yards) away.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Jonas Webb

Jonas raises his weapon and points it at the person heading towards them.

"Back off!" he says firmly - even if the people outside the front door had nothing to do with what happened to Fred, there will be looters and other dangerous folks about after a disaster...

Using a round to aim

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael Riggins

"Just a minute, neighbor. Just wait a minute so we can talk, my companion here is willing to use that gun. There's nothing inside worth a drat anyway, I suggest you make your way to a local relief shelter. CPD's probably got something set up, 18th and State," Michael says, calmingly, to the man shambling toward them.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth


Scott 'Tens' Benson

Scott stashes the extra flashlight in his hoodie, thinking that it'll be sooner rather than later when he needs it. He follows the others outside the door, and listens to the try to talk down Mr. Tall, Green, and Probably Undead. Even after dealing with a security guard who had his loving throat bitten out, and seeing someone who was loving dusted green and moving in a way that could only be described as shambling, the others still didn't seem to get it. For a doctor, a corporate type, and an obvious soldier, they all seemed pretty slow on the uptake.

Well, there was a way to prove whether or not this was actually some zombie poo poo from the movies.

"Yo, tall, green, and fugly," Scott says, taking aim with his Glock, "if you're not going to bite my loving throat out like ya'll did with that rent-a-cop, then stop. If you're some kinda zombie motherfucker, keep moving, I'll put a loving cap in your rear end."

Aiming for one second, then making a called shot to the vitals. If that doesn't put him down, I'll aim and make a called shot to the head.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Alley

The person covered in green dust continues to move towards the group. The only response to Michael is a low groaning sound.

Tens fires his pistol at the person. The bullet hits the man in the stomache, but doesn't even slow him down. Tens then fires again. This shot hits the man in the head. Brains shoot out the back of the man's head and he falls to the ground fifteen feet away.

The shot echoes through the alley way. A chorus of moans from the area outside the alley way can be heard.

From now on, players need to post stats and if necessary stat blocks.

ST --; DX --; IQ --; HT --; Per --; Will --
HP -/-; FP -/-; BS -; BM -; Dodge: -
Applicable Advantages and perks here
Stats for weapon being used
Armor stats (location and DR)


Failure to post necessary stats will be autofails for characters (or if defending autosuccesses for attackers).

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth


Scott 'Tens' Benson

"Now, if anyone was loving questioning it, that motherfucker just took a ten mil to the gut, and didn't give a gently caress, after making like a zombie. If any of ya'll are thinking of doing anything aside from getting the gently caress outta this fuckin' city, or holing up real fuckin' good, then by all means, get eaten like the rent-a-cop. If not, I suggest we move our fuckin' asses the hell outta here before the shambling crowd shows up."

ST 12; DX 12; IQ 10; HT 11; Per 10; Will 10
HP 12/12; FP 10/12; BS5.75; BM 5; Dodge: 8
Danger Sense, Night Vision 2, Fit
pre:
Glock 29, 10x25mm(Okayed by Doc on IRC), $600/$32
		3d-2 pi+, Acc 1, Range 160, wt1.6/0.375, RoF 3, shots 8/10(3), ST10, blk -1, rcl 4
		2 Magazines with 10 rounds of 10mm Auto each+ 30 loose rounds, $94, ~2lb

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Jonas Webb

"Agreed - I'm not going to say Zombie yet, but either that guy was high on gently caress knows what, or else something equally hosed up is happening. Either way, the hospital is going to be really loving crowded and we're not going to want to stick around once we've dropped Chad off," Jonas says. "Assuming we can safely drop him off. I was staying with my parents in the suburbs - there will be some survival gear, more ammunition if we need it, transportation and fuel. Scott, how much ammo do you have left? I've got fifteen rounds."

ST 11; DX 11; IQ 12; HT 11; Per 12; Will 13
HP 11/11; FP 11/11; BS 5.5; BM 5; Dodge: 8
Hard to kill, High pain threshold, Penetrating voice
Sig Sauer - 2d+2 pi damage; Accuracy 2; 160/1800 range; ROF 3; 15+1 ammunition (9*19mm Parabellum); Recoil 2
14 rounds in magazine; one in chamber

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth


Scott 'Tens' Benson

Scott nods to Jonas, and starts walking towards the less-moan-filled end of the alley at a quick pace.
"Got eight left in this mag, and a spare mag on me. If we can get to my car I got some poo poo stashed in there that could come in handy."

ST 12; DX 12; IQ 10; HT 11; Per 10; Will 10
HP 12/12; FP 10/12; BS5.75; BM 5; Dodge: 8
Danger Sense, Night Vision 2, Fit
pre:
Glock 29, 10x25mm(Okayed by Doc on IRC), $600/$32
		3d-2 pi+, Acc 1, Range 160, wt1.6/0.375, RoF 3, shots 8/10(3), ST10, blk -1, rcl 4
		2 Magazines with 10 rounds of 10mm Auto each+ 30 loose rounds, $94, ~2lb

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael Riggins

"Jesus Christ!" Michael exclaims as Tens shoots down the man advancing down the alley. "Fine, he was clearly hosed up, and he kept walking even after fair warning, so fine," he rambles.

"I've got a rifle in my condo not far from here, but not any ammo that'll fit your sidearms," he says idly in response to the others taking stock.

ST 9; DX 11; IQ 12; HT 11; Per 12; Will 12
HP 10/10; FP 12/12; BS5.5; BM 5

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Dave Rheinman

"gently caress man, we don't need guns, we need to just get out of here. Look at that, dude took a shot and just kept coming. gently caress gently caress gently caress, we have a real life zombie apocalypse. The geeks were right to prepare."

Still carrying the injured man, Dave looks towards both ends of the alleyway, checking for signs of movement.

"Noise attracts zombies, right? Thats what the movies say. Also giant mutant zombies and crap. Man, I liked horror movies, but I never wanted to be in one... Look, my motorcycle gear should be fairly bite proof, but it's in my gear bags... sitting in front of the building. I'm going to try and grab it. One of you guys take Chad for me."

ST 10; DX 12; HT 10; Per 10; Will 10
HP 10/10; FP 10/10; BS: 5.5; BM 5

Fearless, overconfident and stubborn, woo

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Alley way

As the group makes an assessment on their weapons and options, a man wearing a police officer's uniform steps into the alley. He too is covered in green dust. For the moment, he doesn't spot the group by the doors to the building.

Make a decision and hurry. More are sure to come.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Jonas Webb

"We go together - and we go now. That way's probably best," Jonas says quietly, pointing in the opposite direction to the cop.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael Riggins

"I agree, everyone around here knows we're back here now, and I'd really rather not write a police report right now," Michael says, and begins heading in the direction opposite of the cop.

Heading away from the officer. I'm guessing that Law Abiding won't make me feel compelled to stay and file paperwork.

Don't have stealth DX-11, Per-12

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Going in the opposite direction? Would that be back into the building or down the alley away from the cop?

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Down the alleyway away from the cop.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Down the alleyway away from the cop.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth


Following the others.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



MohawkSatan posted:

Following the others.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Alley

The group moves down the alleyway. The green coated police officer follows them slowly. As the end of the alley comes up, another person covered in green dust appears behind the police officer. The group then finds itself at the end of the alleyway. Across the street is a building, so they have to go either to the to the right or to the left. The street in front of them is clear. The parking garage is three blocks in the opposite direction. The building they came out of was on their right. If they went right on the street in front of them and took another right they'd be where that group of green covered people stood. The way to the left seems clear at the moment.

Here is a map of the situation

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Jonas Webb

Jonas starts heading slowly and carefully to the left. As he reaches the end of the alleyway, he quickly checks around the corner to see what he can see.

pre:
Stealth         DX-1    10
Perception      12

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Dave Rheinman

At the end of the alleyway, Dave sets Chad down on the ground and motions for one of the others to pick him up, whispering "My bike is right out front, I need to grab my gear out of the saddle bags. I'll be right back."

And with that, ignoring any protests that might follow, the impulsive thrillseeker heads to the right at a fast walk.

Dave is fearless, overconfident and stubborn. He wants his poo poo before he leaves

ST 10; DX 12; HT 10; Per 10; Will 10
HP 10/10; FP 10/10; BS: 5.5; BM 5

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth


Scott 'Tens' Benson

Scott moves along with Jonas, trying to keep quiet once he rounds the corner. "If we can make it to my car, there's a fuckin' sawn-off in there. Let's wait for asshat McRunner to fuckin' grab his poo poo, then book it to the garage, yeah? Got more ammo for my Glock in there too, we could start making this some serious Dawn of the Dead poo poo, murkin' zombies like motherfuckers once we got that."


Stealth 11

ST 12; DX 12; IQ 10; HT 11; Per 10; Will 10
HP 12/12; FP 10/12; BS5.75; BM 5; Dodge: 8
Danger Sense, Night Vision 2, Fit, Overconfident, Weapon Bond(glock)
pre:
Glock 29, 10x25mm(Okayed by Doc on IRC), $600/$32
		3d-2 pi+, Acc 1, Range 160, wt1.6/0.375, RoF 3, shots 8/10(3), ST10, blk -1, rcl 4
		2 Magazines with 10 rounds of 10mm Auto each+ 30 loose rounds, $94, ~2lb

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

In front of the buildings

Dave charges down the sidewalk towards his bike. At least a dozen people covered in green dust linger in front of the building. When they notice Dave they start walking towards him. He manages to run past the first couple of them as he makes his way to his bike. As he gets nearer his bike, several of the people try to grab him, but miss him. He manages to get to his bike and now he has to make a decision about what to do now. He knows if he does anything other than grabbing something off of his bike, he runs the risk of being grabbed.

The others linger in the street by the alley. At the moment they don't see anyone coming from their left. In front of them the two green coated people are making their way up the alley. Their pace is slow and it'll take some time before they will reach the group. Looking to the right, all is clear. When someone goes to the cross street to the right, that street is clear for two blocks after which there's a traffic accident in the middle of the road.

Dave managed to dodge the first few attacks, but now he has to make a decision about what to do. Grabbing something from his motorcycle will mean one zombie can attempt to grab him. Dave can grab one item out of the saddle bags of his bike. Grabbing more than one item, the whole saddle bags or trying to drive the motorcycle away will allow more zombies to attack.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael Riggins

"We should go check on that accident, there might be someone who needs help," Michael says, looking toward the accident. "I know it's the wrong direction, from the Hospital and the cars, but we really ought to check on that."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

[i]Sorry, misunderstanding about my last post. The accident is in the direction of the parking garage. The parking garage is to the south and the accident is too.[i]

  • Locked thread