Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
  • Locked thread
ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

All great movements are popular movements. They are the volcanic eruptions of human passions and emotions, stirred into activity by the ruthless Goddess of Distress or by the torch of the spoken word cast into the midst of the people.

-Vladimir Lenin

Thousand million apologies for interrupting the game (I couldn't find a talk thread), but reading this is really giving deja vu.

Have you ran this before somewhere in real life before, like Gen Con?

Anyway, I'm super enjoying this game, gentlemen, so carry on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Dave Rheinman

Dave barely slows down as he pops the saddlebag open to snag his motorcycle suit, ignoring the boots entirely. His grab at the helmet misses, his fingers bouncing off the side and sending it rolling across the ground as he continues running down the street, trying to get enough distance to loop around and return to the others.

ST 10; DX 12; HT 10; Per 10; Will 10
HP 10/10; FP 10/10; BS: 5.5; BM 5

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Street - Dave

He manages to grab his motorcycle suit. As he begins to step away one of the people grabs his arm, but he breaks free of the grip. Dave then began to run, all the while attempting to dodge the probing hands of the green coated people around him.

Street - The Others

The other three make their way down the street parallel to the street Dave went down. As they get to the end of the block, they cross an intersection. They briefly see a handful of people approaching from both left and right currently over a block away. Ahead of them in the south direction, there is the accident. The three vehicle collision encompasses the center of the road and one of the cars is on fire. From where they stand, they don't see anyone around the crash.

Map



The group is moving south towards the wrecked cars and the parking garage. I'm not sure which direction Dave is going, north or south?

ZombieLenin Its ok. I've never run this scenario in real life. I've run a scenario like this on the forums before, but that's it. Truthfully, I wouldn't be surprised if someone ran a scenario like this at a Con. It seems like it would be a good con game.

Also I think the recruitment/talk thread got buried, here's a link

[url="https:////http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748800"]Also the recruitment/talk thread got buried, here's a link [/url]. It has some more info about the game set up. Also glad to hear you're enjoying it.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Jonas Webb

"Looks safe enough - least as safe as anywhere else. Let's give Dave a minute or two to get back before we move on. Way I see it, we'll probably know soon enough if he isn't..."

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!


Scott 'Tens' Benson

"We fuckin' wait, then we go for the parking garage. Motherfucker ain't back by the time another goddamned zombie rolls around the corner, then he can get hosed on his own, yeah?"

ST 12; DX 12; IQ 10; HT 11; Per 10; Will 10
HP 12/12; FP 10/12; BS5.75; BM 5; Dodge: 8
Danger Sense, Night Vision 2, Fit, Overconfident, Weapon Bond(glock)
pre:
Glock 29, 10x25mm(Okayed by Doc on IRC), $600/$32
		3d-2 pi+, Acc 1, Range 160, wt1.6/0.375, RoF 3, shots 8/10(3), ST10, blk -1, rcl 4
		2 Magazines with 10 rounds of 10mm Auto each+ 30 loose rounds, $94, ~2lb

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael Riggins

Michael sighs at yet another mention of Zombie. "Yeah, give him a minute then let's get moving. He might just grab his bike and gently caress off," Michael agrees, looking down the road. "I still want to take a look at that crash, make sure there isn't anyone who needs help, but with just three of us we can't really split into two groups safely."

ST 9; DX 11; IQ 12; HT 11; Per 12; Will 12
HP 10/10; FP 12/12; BS5.5; BM 5

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Street

The group consisting of Michael, Tens, and and Jonas make their way down the street. They pass one intersection and see groups of people covered in green down both of the streets. Moving out of the intersection, they appear to have escaped notice. A block behind them, a group of four people stagger along following them.

The group comes up to the three car collision. It appears a sports car crashed into the side of a truck, which smashed into a sedan (crushing the front of the car). The air bags on all three vehicles have been deployed. The hood of the sedan popped open and there's a small fire on top of the engine. It appears the drivers in the truck and sports car are still in their vehicles. On the other side of the collision it appears the driver of the sports car crawled out and is lying on the ground.

The collision takes up most of the road, but the sidewalks to either side are empty.

No sign of Dave.

Sorry I let this go so long. At first I was waiting to update for Dave and then I forgot that the rest of the group was still waiting on me. I updated if people are still interested in the game.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael Riggins

Michael hurries to the crawling drivers and starts to check vitals, beginning with the truck driver. "Don't move anyone," he tells the others. "We can't be sure that we won't aggravate any injuries. Sir, please stop moving, I'm a Doctor," he says to the driver crawling away. While checking the Truck driver for injuries, Michael steals a glance down the street, frustrated to not see Dave.

You mention the driver of the Sports Car twice, so I'm assuming that the Sedan driver is the one who got out. Regardless, the driver who is motile is the last one I'm checking.

And I'm still interested, if the others are.

ST 9; DX 11; IQ 12; HT 11; Per 12; Will 12
HP 10/10; FP 12/12; BS5.5; BM 5

Physician IQ+4 - 14

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Jonas Webb

After the minute is up, Jonas swears under his breath. "gently caress it; if he's coming back he can catch up." With that, he starts moving down the street with the others. He stands close to the nearest building, keeping an eye out for any possible threats.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Dave Rheinman

As the zombies move in around him, Dave begins to weave side to side the way that his old martial arts teacher taught him, seeking to avoid the grasping hands as he tried to find a way past.

ST 10; DX 12; HT 10; Per 10; Will 10
HP 10/10; FP 10/10; BS: 5.5; BM 5


Sorry, this got buried under other threads, and then I was sick and totally forgot to post. Dave is basically going to put his Pentjak Silat skills to use by first trying to Evade (on skill of 12) if he can, and use the enemies grapple attempts as an excuse to put one in an arm lock and turn it into a shield for a moment.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Car crash

Going to check on the driver of the pick up truck, Michael opens the door easily. Inside the the vehicle, the air bag deflated and the interior is covered with the fine powder (from the air bag deployment). The driver was wearing his seat belt and doesn't appear to have suffered any external injuries. Michael doesn't see any of the green dust inside the cab of the truck, but its hard to see it between the powder and the lack of light. Just as Michael goes to check on the man's vital, the driver wakes up and grabs Michael's arms.

Further up the street

Dave manages to get away from the group around him and runs. Behind him the green coated people begin to follow him. He manages to keep ahead of them as he goes back to join the group. When he reaches the alley, he looks quickly down it to see if they were there. Without a pause Dave continued to run. He turned the corner and saw the group up ahead at a car crash. Between him and the group are four people covered in the green dust. They appear to be walking towards the group.

Lets see if we can keep this thing going. If I see Mohawk on IRC, I'll remind him to post.

Michael has been grabbed. I figure Michael is going to attempt to break the hold, but what is he going to do afterward?

Dave has a few seconds to decide on what to do. If he wants, he could easily skirt around the zombies and catch up with the others (meaning no roll to succeed), since the zombies are completely focused on the scene at the car crash. Or he could do something else. ten to twenty yards behind him is at least six people covered in green following him.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Dave Rheinman

Dave dashes around the zombies as he tries to catch up to the group. "I got my gear, but we got green-guys out here! Lets go!"

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael RIggins

Michael starts to peel the driver's fingers away from his arm. "Sir, sir, it's okay, I'm a doctor. You've been involved in an accident, but I don't see any immediately threatening injuries. I'm going to check on the other people involved in the accident, please remain in your car." As Dave comes running, Michael looks up and sees the others. "I'm not seeing any of the green poo poo on this driver, but he might need some help once he's calmed down."

Michael presumes the grab is due to panicking, and speaks calming words to the man, while starts to back up to go check on the others, presuming the hold is broken. Regardless of Dave's shouting, I'm planning on checking the other possible patients.

I don't have any hand-to-hand combat skills.

ST 9; DX 11; IQ 12; HT 11; Per 12; Will 12
HP 10/10; FP 12/12; BS5.5; BM 5

foxxtrot fucked around with this message at Mar 22, 2016 around 20:27

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!


Scott 'Tens' Benson

Tens sees the Doc get grabbed, the oncoming zombies(seriously, zombies, some fat survivalist gently caress out there was rubbing himself raw right now), hears the Doc say something about how the dude isn't green, and snaps a little. These goody two-shoes fuckers were gonna get him killed. He grabs the Michael, and yanks him back roughly, away from the probably dead guy in the car.

"Fuckwit, dude's been crashed out here breathing that poo poo in for a while. Fucker's just another greeny without the green. Now, before you get yourself loving bit, or get me killed, cut out the loving hero poo poo, and play it loving safe dude."

Sorry I haven't been around or on IRC or anything. Work's been loving hell the last week and a half. Gonna try to get Michael out of the (probably dead) guy's grasp.

Bad Temper, Brawling 13 if applicable

ST 12; DX 12; IQ 10; HT 11; Per 10; Will 10
HP 12/12; FP 10/12; BS5.75; BM 5; Dodge: 8
Danger Sense, Night Vision 2, Fit, Overconfident, Weapon Bond(glock)
pre:
Glock 29, 10x25mm(Okayed by Doc on IRC), $600/$32
		3d-2 pi+, Acc 1, Range 160, wt1.6/0.375, RoF 3, shots 8/10(3), ST10, blk -1, rcl 4
		2 Magazines with 10 rounds of 10mm Auto each+ 30 loose rounds, $94, ~2lb

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Unknown Street

Tens manages to pull the Doc away from the guy in the pick up truck. The guy in the pick up struggles to get out of the pick up, but goes no where because he still wears his seat belt. Even when Tens and Michael are away from the truck, the man in the truck continues to reach out for them. Although his skin isn't green, he appears to be acting the same way as the people in green.

Dave manages to get around the green guys with no problem. Even as Dave runs by them, they don't take notice of him. When he gets to the the intersection, he notices more green colored people walking towards him from both his left and right.

I'm posting a map to help everyone (including myself) make sense of the current situation. I'm listing PCs by their first initial. North is at the top of the map. South, which is at the bottom of the map, is the direction in which the car garage is located. About two blocks farther down.

In the car crash we have the truck, sedan and sports car. the truck door is open, but the driver is held in place by his seat belt. The sedan has a small fire going on in its engine and its hood is open. The driver of the sedan has crawled out of their vehicle, and is currently laying on the ground. I made a stick figure to show where they are. The sports car driver is still in their vehicle.

I made the sidewalks grey, buildings black, and all the green dots are people covered in green dust. Distances on the map aren't accurate, but its easy to judge that the group of greens coming from the north are about 75 yards away, those greens coming from the east and west are 100 yards away as well (50 east or west and 50 south). They appear to be moving about 4-5 yards per second.


foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael Riggins

Michael curses. "poo poo, he's acting like the others. And Tens, we don't know what the gently caress this is, or what level of exposure is causing whatever it is. At least the affected don't seem to be bothering each other," he finishes as he glances north up the street and see's Dave.

"Dave!" He calls, waving.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Dave Rheinman

"Guys, we need to get the hell out of here, green mob incoming!" Dave is at a steady jog as he catches up to the group, moving onto the sidewalk as he passes them and makes his way around the car crash.

Going around the wrecks and hoping that there isn't another horde on the other side

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Jonas Webb

"Then get your rear end moving!" Jonas growls, raising his pistol in the direction of the figures moving towards them. He aims at the closest one, preparing to take a shot for the head if the others take too long preparing to leave.

So yeah; I brace the pistol and aim for the skull. If the zombies get within ten metres, I pull the trigger.

Guns (Any) - Default (Guns (Rifles) - 2: 10)
Sig Sauer - 2d+2 pi damage; Accuracy 2; 160/1800 range; ROF 3; 14 rounds in the magazine; 1 in the chamber; Recoil 2

Edit: remembered that you have to actually specify that you're using both hands with pistols

hectorgrey fucked around with this message at Apr 1, 2016 around 01:13

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Street

Dave catches up with the others. When he does he skirts around the wreckage and looks down the street. The street is clear of people and vehicles. Jonas keeps an eye on the oncoming horde. He knows it'll take them a little while yet before they get close enough to be dangerous.

Meanwhile, the green horde (as Dave put it) continues to move towards them.

I calculated that Dave took 12 seconds to get from where he was to the point where he was looking down the street. The horde moved up in that time, but they are still 5-6 turns/seconds from the group. Unless Jonas moves, he has bonuses from acc and max aiming.

The others have an extra 12 seconds worth of actions.


MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!


Scott 'Tens' Benson

Tens sees Dave coming, and does what's natural in a disaster situation. He tries to check the vehicles quickly for anything of any real use, before taking off at a jog when the adrenaline junkie shows up. Tens didn't need to outrun the dead fuckers; he just needed to make sure that the rest of the group was slower than him.

Quickly looking through windows into the vehicles for things of use, and in the box of the truck. If there's something useful, I'll probably toss the molotov and grab the usefull things instead.


ST 12; DX 12; IQ 10; HT 11; Per 10; Will 10
HP 12/12; FP 10/12; BS5.75; BM 5; Dodge: 8
Danger Sense, Night Vision 2, Fit, Overconfident, Weapon Bond(glock)
pre:
Glock 29, 10x25mm(Okayed by Doc on IRC), $600/$32
		3d-2 pi+, Acc 1, Range 160, wt1.6/0.375, RoF 3, shots 8/10(3), ST10, blk -1, rcl 4
		2 Magazines with 10 rounds of 10mm Auto each+ 30 loose rounds, $94, ~2lb
[/i]
[/quote]

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Street

Tens finds that the truck does have a box in its bed, but its locked. Looking in the truck's window, he sees a rifle of some sort partially hidden under a blanket. However going for the gun would require dealing with the agitated driver who is still held in by his seat belt.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!


Scott 'Tens' Benson

Tens swears under his breath. "There's a gun in the truck, but gently caress this. Let's get the hell outta here before we get loving swarmed."

Nope, too risky. Leaving in the same direction as Dave. Might need to beat Overconfident though, because forced entry on that box was real tempting.


ST 12; DX 12; IQ 10; HT 11; Per 10; Will 10
HP 12/12; FP 10/12; BS5.75; BM 5; Dodge: 8
Danger Sense, Night Vision 2, Fit, Overconfident, Weapon Bond(glock)
pre:
Glock 29, 10x25mm(Okayed by Doc on IRC), $600/$32
		3d-2 pi+, Acc 1, Range 160, wt1.6/0.375, RoF 3, shots 8/10(3), ST10, blk -1, rcl 4
		2 Magazines with 10 rounds of 10mm Auto each+ 30 loose rounds, $94, ~2lb

MohawkSatan fucked around with this message at Apr 6, 2016 around 20:28

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael Riggins

Michael nods, looking back once more at the driver struggling mindlessly against his seatbelt. "Yeah, let's go. We need to regroup to a better position."



ST 9; DX 11; IQ 12; HT 11; Per 12; Will 12
HP 10/10; FP 12/12; BS5.5; BM 5

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Dave Rheinman

"Stop talking, start running."

Moving south, keeping an eye out for doors or windows that are open, in case more zombies appear in front of him

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Street

Deciding that they needed to keep some distance between them and the oncoming mob, the group moved around the wreckage. Behind them the horde continues to move forward at a constant slow pace. Dave looks around trying to spot any windows or doors that might be open. He sees that the doors and windows are all shut. None of them look like they could pose a hazard. Looking ahead though, he sees another intersection coming up. That area might have some green coated people coming from either side. Tens decides not to break into the truck. The temptation of a long gun is defeated by the threat of the horde. The time it would take to get the gun, along with the driver who may or may not be suffering from the affliction the mob has, forces him to give up on the idea. Michael gets around the wreckage and happens to see the driver of the sedan. Flashing a light over them, he sees that there is a light coating of green on them. They appear to still be alive, since they're coughing.

Moving the group south and around the wreckage. The green horde is still at least five seconds away from the group (not to mention the wreckage will probably slow them down and bottle neck them). I didn't think Tens needed to roll for an overconfidence check here. I wasn't sure if it called for an overconfidence check and even then I figured the danger involved was enough to persuade him not to go for the gun.

There is the injured motorist from the sedan on the ground, but no one is obligated to help him (considering the circumstances).

I figure most people are just going to be running in their next post, but people might want to think about if they are going to do anything different when they reach the next intersection.


hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Jonas Webb

Once the rest of the group start pulling back, Jonas starts to do the same. "Agreed, let's go."

With that, Jonas takes off at a jog; speeding up to a run if and when it looks like the others are doing the same.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael Riggins

Michael starts jogging with Jonas, frustrated and confused about the situation, but knowing that they're too exposed to help, and desperately wanting to get in touch with family.


I'm not armed or anything, so no real "planning" makes sense at this stage for Michael.


ST 9; DX 11; IQ 12; HT 11; Per 12; Will 12
HP 10/10; FP 12/12; BS5.5; BM 5

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Street

The group continues to jog down the street. They don't stop for the intersection. Instead they move through on their way to the parking garage. As they look to either side of the intersection, they see other green coated people moving in their direction. However those green covered people are further away. Behind the group the mob of green people continues to follow them. Up ahead, past the next intersection is the corner where the parking garage is located. The way ahead remains clear.

Sorry for not updating sooner. I started a new job a couple weeks ago and I'm still getting used to the job. Updates might be slow, but they will be coming.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!


Scott 'Tens' Benson

Tens turns into the parking garage, still at a jog. "C'mon assholes, I've got a sawed off in my trunk. We'll grab it and get the gently caress outta this city.'

heading for my car to grab my shotgun, hoping not to run into zombies on the way.


ST 12; DX 12; IQ 10; HT 11; Per 10; Will 10
HP 12/12; FP 10/12; BS5.75; BM 5; Dodge: 8
Danger Sense, Night Vision 2, Fit, Overconfident, Weapon Bond(glock)
pre:
Glock 29, 10x25mm(Okayed by Doc on IRC), $600/$32
		3d-2 pi+, Acc 1, Range 160, wt1.6/0.375, RoF 3, shots 8/10(3), ST10, blk -1, rcl 4
		2 Magazines with 10 rounds of 10mm Auto each+ 30 loose rounds, $94, ~2lb

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Jonas Webb

"Sounds like a plan," Jonas says, following Tens into the garage.


ST 11; DX 11; IQ 12; HT 11; Per 12; Will 13
HP 11/11; FP 10/11; BS5.5; BM 5; Dodge: 8

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael Riggins

Michael follows Tens into the parking garage. "And go where? No offense, but I wasn't exactly special forces, and you don't look like the type to live off the land. I still think the hospital is our best place to hole up for the near term. Plenty of supplies and food, and since we were okay while inside, it stands to reason that it's probably in okay shape. Plus, I've got people in this city...and I have to know what happened to them."

Continuing to follow. Sorry for the delay, I'd thought I'd posted in here recently.

ST 9; DX 11; IQ 12; HT 11; Per 12; Will 12
HP 10/10; FP 12/12; BS5.5; BM 5

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011


Jonas Webb

"We have a number of people who've been infected by something that can only be described as the zombie virus," Jonas points out. "How likely do you think it is that none of them will have been taken into a hospital after that massive explosion? Chances are, the nearest hospital is a death trap."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Streets

The group stops to see that the entrance to the parking garage has been blocked. A rush of vehicles trying to get out of the parking garage ended up crashing into each other. The vehicles are also on fire. A group of zombies has started to congregate around the fire. Even though the entrance is blocked, the structure does have other ways of getting into it. At the ground level there is a three foot cement barrier. The barrier is easy to climb over,. allowing easy access. Between where they stand and the structure, there's no zombies, its a quick and easy run to the parking structure.

The group makes their way across the intersection and get into the parking structure. The group then follows Tens up to his car on the second level. When they get to his car, a person covered in green begins to walk towards them.

So the group is at Tens car. The parking structure has two entrances/exits. One of which is unusable. The other one's condition is unknown. Unless specified previously everyone who parked in the structure parked on this level. The zombie approaching the group is thirty feet away (10 yards).

This is a map of the group before they entered the parking structure. The other entrance to the parking structure is 90 degrees to the right facing a different street.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!


Scott 'Tens' Benson

poo poo. More loving zombies. Were they the only actual people left in the city? Well, gently caress it. "Distract Lurch over there, I got something in my car to deal with him quietly., but I gotta get into my trunk."

Computer troubles fixed! Kinda. Sorta. Not really. But I can post again now at least?

ST 12; DX 12; IQ 10; HT 11; Per 10; Will 10
HP 12/12; FP 10/12; BS5.75; BM 5; Dodge: 8
Danger Sense, Night Vision 2, Fit, Overconfident, Weapon Bond(glock)
pre:
Glock 29, 10x25mm(Okayed by Doc on IRC), $600/$32
		3d-2 pi+, Acc 1, Range 160, wt1.6/0.375, RoF 3, shots 8/10(3), ST10, blk -1, rcl 4
		2 Magazines with 10 rounds of 10mm Auto each+ 30 loose rounds, $94, ~2lb

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness


Michael Riggins

Michael shakes his head at Jonas. "I don't know about that, we weren't in that building very long, and the incubation time for this is short. Shorter than anything I've ever seen. While a small number of people may have made it to the hospital before becoming symptomatic, it probably wasn't many, and we don't know about the infectivity of the pathogen, it's entirely possible it was contained quickly. I'd still like to do a drive-by, at least," he says while they quickly make their way to the parking garage.

Once inside, Michael nods to Tens as they notice the green man. He steps across the garage from Tens' car and starts waving trying to get the infected moving toward him instead of the car, while minimizing the amount of noise he makes.

ST 9; DX 11; IQ 12; HT 11; Per 12; Will 12
HP 10/10; FP 12/12; BS5.5; BM 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Sorry, I'm closing this one. Between work and preparing to move, I have very little energy to put into this. Sorry.

  • Locked thread
«4 »