Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
An enclave of radical language prescriptivists :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Ok, is this peak Thorsby?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I think the castration planet in Space Spy was peak Thorsby. This definitely is incredibly him, though.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Audrey's comments at the end are actually pretty drat clever when you think about why she dropped the sarcasm. If everyone speaks a language with no negative words, nobody can criticize you.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 10:58 on May 18, 2016

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I like the increasingly more angry old woman.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

BiggerJ posted:

Audrey's comments at the end are actually pretty drat clever when you think about why she dropped the sarcasm. If everyone speaks a language with no negative words, nobody can criticize you.

Ooh, good point.

Also, Trixie's example sentence makes me wish I could vote for her.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I was concerned I'd have nothing to comment about, but then symmetricat. Hooray.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
"Did you evilly eat that evil sausage?"

Thorsby. :allears:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

I think that Audrey and Klara may represent two opposing aspects of Thorsby's creativity. Klara is the intelligent overthinker, while Audrey, while less intelligent, shows common sense (see also: monsterpile) and also represents his all-important ability to laugh at himself.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 14:40 on May 27, 2016

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I love Trixie's expression in that last frame. 'For gently caress's sake, Audrey, just smile and nod along with her.'

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

A jacket is a good friend.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

"But a jacket protects you from the cold. It is quite a useful friend." is just a lovely little line.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
She can't talk to anyone without insulting them, either.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Oh gee, you think they might have hung TWO paintings to cover TWO cracks?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Audrey looks pleased with this turn of events.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I love this page. Thorsby is a gem. It somehow feels both like standard farce and solid social commentary at once. Really hard to mix those tones!

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

Nap Ghost
The best thing about Audrey is how pleased she looks at almost every turn of events.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Whybird posted:

The best thing about Audrey is how pleased she looks at almost every turn of events.

Audrey recognizes that she is perpetually surrounded by hilarious bullshit that everybody else takes seriously for some reason.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Gordian knot: cut.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

They don't call it a "dungeon walk", Lyndon.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What they learned of the made-up languages is obviously going to be critical to the upcoming dungeon walk, but I must confess I can't figure out how.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

"Is my hair presentable?"

Also, hope Lyndon told Audrey exactly how this spell works at some point offscreen because if not she has a huge incentive to get Lyndon to kill someone/something so it turns back. Or maybe just beat one of those linguists to death with the box.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Carrasco posted:

"Is my hair presentable?"

Also, hope Lyndon told Audrey exactly how this spell works at some point offscreen because if not she has a huge incentive to get Lyndon to kill someone/something so it turns back. Or maybe just beat one of those linguists to death with the box.

Huh. Missed #64. My gears started turning before I read it, and if Audrey's as mistaken as I was, she'd have to try to get him to kill someone with the spell. Beating someone to death with the box might not work since the box was bashtastic to begin with. But anyone beating someone to death with something SOFT that Lyndon had turned to candy might make him lose the spell.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I agree. His hair is awesome.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Holy poo poo Lyndon is going to have the most amazing death ever

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Nap Ghost
So the Scepter's actual power is that it summons a murderous ghost-baboon to kill whoever touches the gem! I knew those guys weren't on the level about it!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
That would be pretty funny. "You'll die killed by the ghost baboon I just summoned."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Huh. I wonder if this is just him having a vision, or if the staff only grants "visions" in the sense that it immediately gets you killed for touching it. (Either way, we're probably not being shown him having the vision and then dying, because then he probably would've reacted some other way than "Guess we should go home".)

Grogquock
May 2, 2009
I won't even guess with Thorsby. Though if he is dead that would be one of the earliest primary character deaths so far and would seem like a bit of wasted potential, what with the wacky magic spells and all.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Carrasco posted:

Huh. I wonder if this is just him having a vision, or if the staff only grants "visions" in the sense that it immediately gets you killed for touching it. (Either way, we're probably not being shown him having the vision and then dying, because then he probably would've reacted some other way than "Guess we should go home".)

This was my guess too. This could potentially be explained with alternate universe communication, kind of like in Transdimensional Brain Chip.

User touches gem. User recieves full sensory experience of alternate universe created upon touch in which gem does not function, showing how user dies in that universe. The only difference between user's own universe and shown universe is knowledge of shown universe. Knowing is half of battle.

Initially, I thought maybe it showed an alternate universe in which the gem was not touched, but judging by the characters' facial expressions, that doesn't seem to be the case. Although the 'alternate non-functioning gem timeline' thing risks contamination - what if you'd figured out that's how it worked, touched the gem and ended up in the death timeline?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 18, 2016

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Lyndon's my second favourite character after Audrey, so I hope he's not dead.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Sweet Goordtryb painting.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Ooh, looks like the death crystal has tactical applications. It's like setting a restore point so you'll know what to do if you get yourself killed!

* Determination.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Oh, good, he's still alive. I was a little worried he'd be killed off after the first arc when he lost his spells, but if he can just keep memorizing a new one every time he kills something that's all right then.

BiggerJ posted:

* Determination.

Oh dear.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/78/
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/79/

Love the solution to the problem. Is the picture in the background the same frog who died earlier?

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well the picture in the background is what that crazy lady thought that frog would be, not so much what it was.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The true power of the Scepter of Death is revealed :allears:

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Audrey is the best character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Audrey cements herself as the best character YET AGAIN.